Final Exams

Final Exams

In a dim lighted room, sat a girl drawing under a black table lamp. All sorts of rulers, pens, and stacks of large paper are scrambled on the desk. Her room is a mess. On the bed there are books, bags, dirty laundry and clean clothes, papers, and some little trees made of sponge for building models. Don't even mention the floor, you cant even walk without stepping on something. 

Moonbyul rubbed her eyes. it's been a day since she didnt get out of the house. Final exams are coming soon and now is exactly the dying weeks in her major. She stopped and put her pencil down. Growl~ ugh i haven't eaten anything except a bowl of instant noodles. I need fresh air, she thought. She walked to the window and opened the curtains. The sky was quite clear, with a soothing color of sunset, orange and purple. The clouds were rippled, making a beautiful pattern as she stares to the horizon. Sigh it's getting dark already and i'm far from done. 

Beep. A message came in. Moonbyul snapped. Where was the phone again? She fixed her hair bun--which now looked like an evil witch hairstyle--and starts searching for her phone. On the bed under the sheets? nope. In the laundry bag? nope. Under the laundry receipts on the desk? none either. 

Ah here it is. She lifted the cardboard on the floor and grabbed her blinking phone. Ack my back....She shoved the stuff on her bed aside, enough to make room for her, and lied down. 872 notifs. Ugh group chats, she mumbled. She opened it and scrolled through her chats to see what's important and ONLY important. 

Her eyes widen. There in between the class group chat, and a commercial spam chat, was his name. That guy from the economic and business major, Lee Minhyuk.

4 chats.
Hey Byul 12:24 pm
Let's grab lunch? 12:26 pm
How's it going? 15.13 pm
You okay? Don't overwork yourself, you should at least eat 16.47 pm

She looked at the time. It's 18:08 pm.
How she wished she had time and eat out with him, but assignments said no. This is all because of my goddamn procrastinating. 

Sorry for the late reply, i just checked my phone. 
Hmm, done half of it i guess? lol I think I need to stay up again 

18.09 pm

She looked at the screen. He immediately read it.

Have you eaten? 18:09 pm

     I ate noodles 18:09 pm

Just now? 18:09 pm

     uh.. this afternoon? 18:10 pm

that's it i'm taking you out
you'll get sick for gods sake
18:10 pm

     but i cant. there's still a load of work to do and it's due tomorrow. 
     I even forgot to buy some supplies for the windows
     18.10 pm

still tho, you'll die. where do you usually buy them?
18:11 pm

     i'm already dying and will be dead if this isn't finished by tomorrow.
     At the craft store near campus.
     18:12 pm

It was getting darker outside. The silence is making her anxious. I need more coffee.
Moonbyul got up and took her dirty mugs of coffee and an empty bowl to the kitchen downstairs. While waiting for the coffee she stretched and thought about what to do first after this since she can't afford to slack off anymore. She's alone in the house right now. Her housemates hasn't come home. It's the finals after all, everyone must be busy. She yawned.

Growl~ She touched her stomach. She glances at the fridge.
Hmm let's see what we have. There's Solar's veggies, a half eaten cheesecake, Hwasa's makeup, Wheein's carton of milk since god knows when, and a big bottle of cold water that belongs to her.
Nothing. 

The coffee is done, so she gave up searching for food and took her newly brewed coffee to her room.
Again, looking at the clock. 18:32 pm. Guess i'll make the model window-less, she shrugged.

After about half of an hour fighting with siteplans and presentation posters, somebody honked at the front door.
Probably the house across the street, she ignored. The person honked again. Moonbyul twitched. If he honks again i'll just-

BEEP!!!

What the hell, i didn't sign up for this! She walked to the window and popped her head out, "Excuse me but someone's trying to get some work done here! Can you plea-" She stopped shouting after she saw Minhyuk there with his motorcycle, raising up some plastic bag. "-WHOA hold a sec!" Moonbyul stormed down.

"What are you doing here?" she said as she opened the gate. "Saving someone from death," he chuckled, "you didn't pick up my call? Well, not that i'm surprised," he continued. "Here's dinner," Minhyuk handed her a black plastic bag. Moonbyul blinked. "You didn't have to...," she took a peek, "-OMG FRIED RICE!! Thanks, I'm starving." Minhyuk smiled, "Of course you are. And this, i don't know if i got the right thing.. but i told the employee you need it for windows? is it right? I bought many kinds just in case." He handed another bag full with layers of transparent plastic with different thickness.

Moonbyul just stood there looking at the bag. Minhyuk is confused. "Was it wrong? Should i go back for another one?" He asked.

"No," She said, "This is enough." Moonbyul said in the slightest voice while looking at him. She feels so thankful she doesnt't know how to react.

She smiled softly. Minhyuk blushed. 

"So uh... how's it going?" He asked, trying not to sound awkward. "You look...tired." He said with worried eyes.
Moonbyul opened . It suddenly came to her that she's only wearing her old white shirt, covered in ink here and there, with a blue black hoodie, old glasses, and a pair of sandals. Her hair is real time messy, plus she didn't get to wash at all.  Oh my god. "I just finished drawing. Gotta colour it and then make the damn model haha," She said while trying to fix her hair, "How about you? It's nearing finals too for you right?" 

"Yeah, but i don't have that much assignments like someone," Minhyuk said, glancing at her.
"You show off," Moonbyul punched his arm. "Ouch, is that what you do to someone who just saved your life? I'm hurt," He whined as he touched his arm. Moonbyul just laughed. 

The moon shined bright and showered their red faces. Everything went into a comforting silence.
"When is your exam ending?" Minhyuk started again. He seriously waited for this moment so long. 
"Next Friday? I guess." She answered, cringing hard to remember. 
"Ooh good! Uh well maybe! just maybe.....we could...uh," Minhyuk can't find the right words.
"Go out?" Moonbyul blurted. 

Minhyuk froze and looked at her.
"Wha- wait- I mean- celebrating the end of finals? Yeah something like that." She too is in loss for words.
Minhyuk broke into a smile. He can't be any happier than this.

"Of course." He laughed.
"Of course." She grinned.

"I really hate to say this but I should go back to my work now." Moonbyul said. She's silently cursing at the work for ruining this moment but it's her fault anyways. "Ah right, we forgot about that lol," He chuckled lightly showing his perfect bunny teeth. Goddamn you, assignments.

"So just to be sure, next Friday. Deal?" He asked once more, still not believing any of it.
"Deal."

Minhyuk started his engine and put on his helmet. "Good luck, Byul. You better eat that or else," He said, threatening with his eyes. "Yes, Sir!" She saluted.

"Oh and by the way, Minhyuk."
"Hmm?"
"Thank you for this, really." She said above a whisper.

He raised his head to look at her and smiled.

She smiled back.
It just couldn't get any better.