Chapter One

Eclipsed

                                                   Chapter One


“We don't meet anyone by chance.”                                                                                                                                                                                                                             ― Avijeet Das


 

         “Where are you going?” LE mumbled into her pillow, “You know we aren’t allowed to leave right now,” she sighed.  Hani looked up from the middle of tying her shoelaces only to see her groupmate turn around in her bed in order to give her a bleary eyed look. It had been a tiring day for them all. Considering how after hearing the excitement over their song getting back into the charts, EXID’s company had immediately jumped on the chance in sending them off to Busan to do some more promotions. No one wanted to miss this chance of finally having a tiny break in order to get things onto the right path once again, and so with that buzz in mind, the EXID members had immediately showed great enthusiasm as they spent long early hours doing photoshoots and filming for their YouTube channel. However as the day dragged on, the girls slowly started to feel their energy seep away from them as they tried to keep their eyes open by the end of their photoshoot. None of them wanted the work to end, but the idea of a warm bed started to seem more appealing to them as the seconds ticked by. Once given the Ok signal from the photographer, the girls had taken no time in saying goodbye to the staff and had promptly headed off to their designated hotel rooms in order to get what they really wanted. And that was what they were all doing right now, sleeping, except for one person that is….                                                                                                               

      “Oh sorry for waking you up, I just wanted to go out and buy some carp cake," claimed Hani as she slowly raised herself up from her previous sitting position and started to put on her jacket. “Ok but like I said, you do know that we are not allowed to go outside right now? The sun just set and manager oppa is probably still outside right now,” yawned LE as she rubbed her eyes. Now Great, thought LE as she slowly sat up on the bed to stretch out her sore muscles, she knew that she had lost her sleep and was sorely going to miss the coma like sleep she was in. “No I checked, manager oppa went out to buy himself a beer and snacks and locked himself in his room. And if he does can you please cover for me? I’ve already made my bed to look like I’m asleep,” said Hani as she pointed at the rumpled bed sheets that had the appearance of someone sleeping under the covers. However what LE knew was that there was really a pillow stuffed underneath there. They had done it multiple times in the past when one wanted to go out and buy some snacks without their manager noticing. It had worked every single time and had now become almost like a ritual for them to look out for each other when it came to sneaking out.

       ‘That’s so much work! Why are you doing this for just a carp cake?” groaned LE as she sent an annoyed look towards Hani’s way. “Just do it! Please! I heard that there is this one store that sells really great Carp fish and I want to try it out sooo badly. Please do it for me!” begged Hani as she made her large eyes go even rounder and stuck out her full bottom lip out for an extra effect. She knew that LE hated this kind of stuff and was always willing to agree as long as she stopped doing it, and this time it worked the same. “Ok fine but you have to buy me two as well then, and make sure not to get caught. If you do, just know that I don’t know you,” sighed LE. “Ok Deal!” exclaimed Hani as she forced a hug onto an annoyed LE and went on her way with a skip in her step.

      The night air was crisp and fresh within the city of Busan as people bustled about enjoying the slight change in the weather. It had been a nice shift considering how the summer had been brutal for its citizens as everyone had spent months staying indoors in order to protect themselves from the scorching heat. Now people from all ages flocked the streets and corners as they walked around to enjoy the late night shopping malls and most of all the food that was ever present amongst the stalls that aligned every street. However no one really payed attention to the other as each swept pass each other without a glance. Neither did anyone seem to really notice a tall girl as she walked aimlessly around the street with the appearance as if she had no thought in mind. When in reality it was a total opposite as Hani continued to peer into  the stalls that sold all kinds of snacks only to turn away at the last minute every single time.

      She didn’t understand as to why she could not see where the carp cake stall was at. It shouldn’t have been that hard considering how she could clearly remember him mentioning in the video about this particular street and how they sold the best carp cake in Busan. She recalled how excited she was after hearing about their schedule in Busan and had immediately promised herself to visit the stall. After all  if he said he liked it and had recommended it to his fans then she wanted to try it out and enjoy the things he liked as well. But right now it seemed that it was going to be impossible considering how it was starting to get late and she needed to get back to the hotel before anyone noticed her disappearance. Slightly annoyed with her inability to be good at navigation, Hani immediately made a quick U-turn and started to head back to their hotel with her head hanging in defeat until she heard the far distant yell of a man calling out for customers to buy freshly cooked carp cakes. With a slight smile on her face, she turned around and head off towards the far distant cry.

 

*****Author's Note:*****

The beginning of a new chapter of a new story has gotten me excited all over again.... It's been so long since I wrote anything down and even longer since I've picked up on my last two stories. Which I do apologize to everyone who have been diligently following those two stories considering it has been over a year since I wrote anything on there......But I do promise you that I will try my utmost best to go through with this story till the very end. So far I have a good picture in my mind and I know where I want to go with this. It's just time is my enemy and I have very little of it....But like I said a promse is a promise and I will try my best to fulfill it.

As for Eclipsed, this story started out with me getting interested in both Hani and Daniel and I honestly like the two as a pairing. Also I'm the type of writer who likes to do research before they write so there are some facts in there that I would like to point out. First would be that in this time period: August 20, 2014, EXID's up and down song does go up in the charts and is mentioned in their ButBut tv youtube channel. They had went to Busan that day to do some type of schedule and the manager had told Hani to mention that they were 49th on the charts. They did film and did go out on the streets to eat at the night stalls. However, the hows and wheres are all fabricated by me. Also  Kang daniel did mention that he did make carp cake as a part time job for a while and that all of his friends did it as well in WannaOne Go season two. As for what carp cakes are, they are cakes that are shaped like a fish. I've seen many idols eat it but forgot what the actual english translation to it was so I dubbed it as a carp cake instead of fish cake in order to prevent confusion.

Anyways long first note that no one will probably read but please do take the time to read, enjoy, like, comment, and subscribe. I would love to hear feed back from all of you!!!                                                                                                                                                                   <(>.<)>