If Only

Serendipity

“Small people are cute you dwarf.” The drummer teased.

 

She was so sure that sooner or later Seungwan would punch her in the face because of her endless teasing about the latter’s short height.

But Seungwan rather sits silently with calm and poise. Never lifting her eyes off her precious book.

This is ridiculous, why is she getting jealous of a book.

 

 

 

Irene couldn’t comprehend what was exceptionally interesting about Biology.

She never liked Science and was never going to, period.

 

 

 

Yet, she still studied the whole night to impress Seungwan.

Why?

All those theories of Darwin about the origin of life. Bull.

 

 

Irene suddenly wonders if she could turn into a book.

Wonders if Seungwan would consider reading her?

Wondering about the outcome of the possible action.

Nah, Irene doesn’t want Seungwan to read her.

 

 

If she did, Seungwan would discover that each letter had a heart of their own and sang of love songs about the girl that reminded her of everything beautiful.

 

 

 

Irene frowned. She was not ready to face rejection. She was utterly terrified.

 

 

 

So, she kept her feelings bottled up and kept them in the top shelf of her drawer.

Naming it 'Friendship'.


Irene takes them out sometimes and admires them for long hours. She considers removing the label.

Wonders if she would be happier showing them to Seungwan.

 

But losing Seungwan isn’t worth it. She quickly closes the shelf and locks it with the key that is her heart.

 

 

 

She is going to throw them out because they are taking too much space lately.

Irene needs room for other things as well. She encourages herself.

 

 

 

When she finally throws them away with the help of Yeri. (They were a little heavy) She should be feeling lighter but she felt even heavier.

Wendy was the songs she wrote and the paintings she drew but now she was going to forget her.

 

 

 

After eating dinner together, she bids Yeri goodbye with a kiss on her cheeks.

 

 

 

The way back home, Irene is mesmerized by the stars as always.

The stars remind her of Seungwan.

Irene wishes to keep a star for herself, to hold her closer.

 

 

Whenever she looks at Wendy, she envisions a thousand things and feels a million more but never putting them into action.

 

 

 

Later when she checks her drawer, she finds that several other bottles have accumulated the space.

She groans.

 

The cycle continues.

 

If only she knew that Seungwan was just the same.