Epilogue

New Year's Flirt

The morning sun streamed in through the windowpanes upon Sana’s face, her features aglow in the dawn of a new day.

“Mhmhmhmhhhhh…” Sana groaned and blearily opened her eyes. “Where am I?”

“You’re in our dorm, dummy.”

“My head kind of hurts, Dahyununnie.”

“Cause you drank too much last night,” Dahyun, ever her favorite dubu, sat by her bedside with a ‘how do I put up with you’ expression on her fair face. Subtle lines of worry creased the pretty Korean girl’s brow. “Do you remember anything?”

Sana pondered her question. Then, the memories of last night’s events came flooding back to her. Her pupils first shrank in horror at the bad memory, then she relaxed with a goofy, contented smile at what happened afterwards. “Heh…”

Dahyun watched her closely, with the concern of a lover, relieved that she seemed okay. Sana glanced back and held her stare, the drowsiness now fading away, and the thought crossed her mind that Dahyun still looked insanely cute while worried.

“Oh, I still remember what happened,” Sana winked and rolled over in bed on her stomach, propping herself up on her elbow and resting her head on her hand. Dahyun could never tire of admiring that tousled, caramel colored hair, messy from sleep but somehow beautiful, and her anime-like eyes that sparkled in the sunlight.

“Promise me you won’t do something stupid like that again. ”

“Only if you promise to love me forever”

“You’re so corny,” Dahyun tried not to smile at her mushiness.

“And you’re one hell of a beautiful angel,” Sana attempted to kiss her on the cheek.

“Why do I even put up with you,” Dahyun, pulling away at the last second, was embarrassed yet enormously pleased remembering the events of last night.

“Because...” Sana pretended to think cutely by placing a finger on her chin and tilting her head. “You love me?”

Taking in each other's gaze, the pair’s deep look could last for a thousand years, a snapshot frozen in eternity, and perhaps neither would ever notice the time pass.

Sana playfully traced her finger on Dahyun’s thigh, like she was carving her name onto her. Dahyun gulped nervously and took a deep breath.

“Hey, she’s awake!” A voice from the hallway made Sana withdraw hastily.

Momo came into the room, yawning. She was followed closely by Jeongyeon, Chaeyoung, Mina, Nayeon, Jihyo, and Tzuyu, who came streaming into the room in their PJs and bunny slippers, hanging off each others’ shoulders in a sleepy train of aegyo.

“Sana unnie, are you okay?” Mina asked concernedly.

“We were so worried!” Jihyo exclaimed.

“Don’t do that again, you pabo,” Jeongyeon shook her head, previously having been worried out of her wits.

“JYP abeoji was asking us about you too,” Tzuyu said, rubbing her anxious eyes tiredly. “Unnie, we... heard some gossiping last night.”

“Ahhhhhhhh,” Sana cried out in embarrassment at the trouble she caused and covered her face. Several caring members closest to Sana hugged and comforted her. Dahyun continued to cling to Sana like she was a castaway’s life preserver.  

“But it’s okay now,” consoled Jihyo, who concluded, “We chipped in and sent Sunmi a bouquet of apology flowers this morning, and she sent us a message saying don’t worry about it.”

“She probably laughed it off, actually. Judging by all the smiley emojis she gave us,” Mina gave a slight smile.

“But now you owe us big time,” Momo joking tried to look tough, like a mafia boss demanding payment.

“Yeah,” Jeongyeon added, laughing as she massaged Momo’s shoulders playfully.

“Oh, thanks!” Sana relaxed and lit up with a sweet smile of relief. “I can pay you back…” She fluttered her eyelashes as a suspiciously coy look flashed across her face, right before she pounced in for her sudden attack, “...with lots of kisses!”

The members all shrieked and laughed to get away from Sana’s kissing attack, as she chased everyone around with puckered lips. Dahyun could only narrow her eyes in half-jealousy and pout.

 


 

Afterwards, TWICE sat down at the breakfast table to eat the food that Jeongyeon, the expert chef who often cooked meals for her fellow members, made for them this morning.

Momo began eating intently.

“Stop fighting!” Jihyo reprimanded Nayeon and Tzuyu, who had both reached for the jar of strawberry jam at the same time and were bickering over it comically.  

“These eggs are so yummy, thank youu~” Mina joined her hands together in gratitude to Jeongyeon, who beamed back.

“I’d rather be eating tofu for breakfast,” Sana said with a straight face while looking directly at Dahyun, who froze in mid-chew.

Nayeon cleared loudly next to them. Jihyo shot her a warning look that read ‘our kids are clearly in love, let them be’.

There was an awkward silence afterwards, as most still ate intently, since everyone was hungry and slightly hungover from the party last night. Then Chaeyoung and Momo started talking about a funny instance when they were talking with so-and-so and one of their sunbaes from another group fell in the pool last night. Nayeon excitedly fangirled over a short interaction she had with IU, along the lines of “OMG she noticed me!” while the others listened amusedly.

Sana slipped her arm around Dahyun’s waist, partially covered by the table, when the others weren’t looking. She took it away, like a guilty puppy caught doing something naughty, when Jeongyeon gave them a grossed-out look.

 


 

The breakfast concluded and the two youngest members Tzuyu and Chaeyoung were on dish duty. When the other members retired to their rooms to get ready for the day, Sana and Dahyun were alone in the living room.

The two cuddled on the couch next to each other, with Dahyun resting her head on Sana’s shoulder and their arms intertwined like two garden vines grown together.  

After a hesitant silence, neither knowing what to say to the other, Sana grabbed Dahyun’s hand.

“Thanks again for saving me last night,” she spoke with a watery gaze that could melt chocolate. “And for putting up with me all this time.”

“Oh stop.”

“No, really, I’m too flirty sometimes...I’m sorry Dahyunnie, I get a bit too much when I’ve too much to drink, and I didn’t know I could hurt you too.”

Dahyun didn’t immediately respond, instead processing this and letting her feelings settle down before finally speaking.

“Don’t mention it, jerk.” She punched her playfully in the arm and looked down, fidgeting a bit with her feet. For once, TWICE’s dubu couldn’t think of anything funny or strange to do to alleviate the shy unease of the moment.

Sana could only think about how dreamy Dahyun looked, baffled at how she could be simultaneously a weird dork and ridiculously attractive at the same time. Time after time, she was drawn to her like a magnet without fail.

“You’re so good to me, I honestly wonder what I did to deserve you. And you’re beautiful, all the time,” Sana said sincerely, being the overly possessive girlfriend she was by slinging her arm around Dahyun’s shoulder, causing Dahyun’s blush to be apparent on her milky-pale skin.

Sana finally drew her in for a long kiss, drinking her in like she was all she needed in the world. Dahyun was her elixir, the love of her life that could still send tingles down her spine like electric sparks and fluttering butterflies.

Suddenly, Nayeon walked into the common area looking for her phone. At the sight of the two, she made an annoyed face.

“Aish, get a room!”