Back Home

I’ll Be Back
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Tears were flowing. The blonde standing in front of her, face stained with tears, held on to her hand tightly. She didn't want to let go. She held on to the most important woman in her life as if letting go would mean she would never see her again. She held on as if it would make a difference.

 

"Jessica, please. Let's not make this difficult for us. I am leaving, but I'll come back. Please bear with me."

 

"You know long distance relationships don't work. Yuri... please... don't." Jessica Jung begged. Her hand held on tighter, if it was still even possible. She looked up at Yuri, her eyes, soft and pleading. "Leave and I'll break up with you."

 

Yuri could only push Jessica's hand away and apologize. "I'm sorry. I'll be back." Then she walked away.

 

Hopeless, Yuri was. Leaving Jessica was the last thing she would ever want to happen, but in order to be with her, she had to. Jessica's family did not take their relationship quite well, however, when Yuri had a private talk with Jessica's father, he proposed an agreement. Prove herself worthy of his princess by being successful, may it be in Korea or overseas. He also saw their relationship as a hindrance to Jessica's road to success so he wanted them separated for the meantime.

 

Jessica’s father’s words replayed in Yuri’s mind.

 

"Come back whenever you want, as long as you make sure you're worthy of my daughter, and she's as successful as she can be. That's all I can ask."

 

⤜●●●⤛

 

Yuri woke from the stewardess's tapping as the plane starts to descend from the sky. The stewardess informed her that they will be good to go in just a few more minutes with a smile, and Yuri just smiled back sheepishly then thanked her. Embarrassed was an understatement. Who knew if the flight attendant saw her sleeping with open? Yuri would not want to see articles about one of the most popular dance choreographer in USA sleeping with agape by the time she returns to America.

 

True to what the stewardess said, the passengers have all gathered some of their belongings and unloaded themselves off the plane in a little less than five minutes. Yuri walked with only her backpack out of the airport. Having only a few things with her made her smile because of its convenience. She was also thankful she has Vivian, her cousin residing in US, to ask and have more of her personal things delivered to where she was staying. Yuri reminded herself to remember bringing some gifts for her cousin once they meet again. For the meantime, Yuri's priority was to surprise her family who knew nothing about her visit.

 

It didn't take too long for Yuri to hail a cab. She got in. No troubles. And lead the driver to her parents' house. Throughout the ride, her attention was only locked on the view outside the taxi. Seoul was still the same. She smiled looking at the busy people doing their own things and businesses. The buildings were smaller compared to the towering establishments in America, yet somehow, she finds herself liking these buildings more. She missed Korea. She missed her home. She missed her family. She

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter