Worth It (When Was It Not?)

Room For Two (In My Heart)

Youngjae threw himself across the couch of their new apartment, staring at the stacks of unpacked boxes in a huff of frustration. He hated this, moving was nice and all, but why did they have so much stuff. He heard a chuckle and felt the couch dip where his head was, Youngjae lifted his head to see a smiling Jinyoung. 

"Jaebum doesn't want to unpack either. He's laying somewhere upstairs" Jinyoung said, carding his fingers through Youngjae's hair as the younger placed his head in his lap. Youngjae sighed at the relaxing touch, smiling softly. 

"Do we have to unpack today?" Youngjae asked and Jinyoung raised his eyebrows, seeming to contemplate for a moment, humming.

"I don't know, I mean, if we don't do it today, we'll have to do it tomorrow, and tomorrow is-" 

"Bummie's birthday, I know. I'm just too lazy. We have so much stuff." Youngjae cut Jinyoung off. They sat in silence for a while longer, before they both heard some shuffling, and a sleepy Jaebum stumbled into the room, blearily rubbing his eyes. When he sat on the couch Youngjae sat up and gave him a quick kiss, Jinyoung leaning over to do the same. 

"Sleep well?" Jinyoung asked and Jaebum just gave a sleepy mumble, and Youngjae decided maybe cleaning up today would be worth it.

The next day, Jaebum had gone out for a short time to pick up beer for the small party they were holding for just the three of them. Later they would have a large party that included all of their friends, but that night, they just wanted some time to be together. 

Youngjae held out the cake at a surprised Jaebum, laughing at the way Jaebum lifted an eyebrow, but none the less looked happy. He set the beer on the table and gave Youngjae a soft peck on the lips, a larger smile breaking out. Jinyoung walked in, smiling at the both of them, gesturing to the living area. They sat around their small living room table, eating the cake, talking, laughing, holding hands, a few quick kisses here and there. It was sweet, innocent, it was happy. Youngjae thought back to those days, early in the relationship where he felt like he was intruding. Where he felt out of place, and that maybe he really wasn't supposed to be in a relationship with the two most important people in his life, and if being in a relationship with his two best friends was worth it. In those moments, Jinyoung and Jaebum would hold him close and tell him how much they loved him, and how he was perfect, and how they'd never have it any other way. Youngjae felt his heart swell as Jinyoung looked at him, asking if he was okay as he hadn't spoken for a while, and Youngjae smiled brightly, telling him it was fine. 

Definitely worth it.