Somewhere in the middle of the story

Studying Abroad

Β I was sitting on a park bench, looking up in the sky wondering how could my life changed so much in one year.

I used to be a normal girl living with my parents and my older brother in Praga, the capital city of Czech republic. I wasn't a very popular girl, but I had a group of close friends. We did everything together - studying, partying, traveling abroad ... But last year when I was about to finish grammar school I got bored of them. Actually, I got bored of everything. My family annoyed me all the time, when girls messaged me asking if I want to meet them in a coffee shop I declined because I just didn't have the energy to listen them talking about final exams and who could they invite to prom.

At the beginning of the school year a school psychologist came to our class to explain us about applying to universities. I didn't really listened to her because we already knew most of the things. At the end of the presentation she also mentioned studying abroad. She told that that's not a common thing students of our school choose, but those who did said that it was the best thing they did in their life. Maybe I was so bored at that moment or I was just fed up with my life at that point but her words caught my attention. At home, I went on my laptop and searched up some more famous colleges over the world.One of them particularly caught my attention. It was the Oxford University. Being one of the best universities to study at, with over 23000 students, 40% of which were from foreign countries that place really seemed like the right one for me. My parents disagreed at first, saying that I'm able to study chemistry in our country, but after my constant persuasion that studying abroad is the best option for me they change my mind.

Long story short I got accepted in chemistry program. Last week before going to my new home I spent mostly partying with my friends, visiting my relatives and saying goodbye to everyone I knew. When I finally sat on the plane looking through the window I thought my life would finally get better. Boy, I was wrong.

My first and only friend was Ivy, who I bumped into while carrying some books from the library. She was a tall girl with black long hair from Manchester who came to Oxford to study computer science. We spend most of our days in either my or her room watching movies, studying and drinking wine. I wasn't worried about my inability to make friends here. Me and Ivy got really close in short period of time and I also had lots of alone time when i could relax and daydream. But then I met them. Last week before classes started I noticed seven Korean guys hanging out in the park. For some reason I wanted to talk with them, especially with the guy with brown hair, oval face and wide shoulders. But since I became a total loner over the past few weeks I didn't have the courage to start a conversation with them.

However, like a destiny wanted us to meet we passed by quite often.Eventually we started saying hy to each other and suddenly we started hanging out on a daily basis. Most of the time I enjoyed hanging out with them, especially with Jin and Hoseok. But sometimes guys just started acting a bit too extra. Like they did today.

I looked at my phone. I got some snaps from Jimin and two texts from Tae but I decided to look at them later. Instead went on messenger and texted Ivy because I knew she would understand my situation.

Jasmina: Goddamit how can they be so childish 😀😀😀

Ivy: What happened?πŸ€”

Jasmina: After we all finished classes me and the guys hung out in a cafeteria

Jasmina: You know last week when we were both drinking and we came up with the idea that me and guys are like The Snow White and The Seven Dwarfs?

Ivy: Yeah πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ivy: Yoongi would be the best Grumpy πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ‘Œ

Jasmina: Agree 😜

Jasmina: But they got too serious about it

Jasmina: For the next 10 min I had to watch 7 grown up men arguing about who is which goddamn dwarf 😣

Β Jasmina: Jungkook was pissed because he didn't want to be Dopey

Jasmina: Also Jin and Hoseok both wanted to be Happy

Ivy: Only Hoseok can be Happy πŸ€”

Ivy: Jin should back off πŸ˜‚

Jasmina: That's not the point

Ivy: ok

Ivy: So what happened then? πŸ€”

Jasmina: I got angry about it and stormaed in my room

Jasmina: I tried to calm myself down and thnk about something else so I started studying

Jasmina: After a while Hoseok knocked on my door

Jasmina: He apologized for what had happened

Jasmina: And added that he, Jin, Tae and Jimin will go shopping instead of me

Ivy: Niice😏😏

Jasmina: Half an hour after they had left I got a text from Jimin saying taht they got kicked out of the store

Ivy: What?? πŸ˜‚

Ivy: Whyy?

Jasmina: Apparently they had thought it would be a good idea to take selfies while shopping

Jasmina:


Jasmina: They annoyed a manager so much she told them to leave

Ivy: hahahhahahahahhahahahaha

Ivy: It's a good selfie though πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ‘Œ

Jasmina: Did they manage to buy anything you wanted? πŸ€”

 Jasmina: Nope 😐

Jasmina: At least Jin knows what I need after I get angry so he bought me a box of wine

Ivy: Yaaaaaaaas πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜

Ivy: Go Jiiiin

Jasmina:

Jasmina: Of course he had to take a selfie before

Ivy: I'm dead πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Ivy: So everything is okay now?

Jasmina: I wish

Ivy: God, what now? πŸ˜₯

Jasmina:

Jasmina: They opened the wine box

Ivy: No 😲😲

Jasmina: Jin got so drunk he started posing as Kumamon

Jasmina: You know when you think you have at least on normal guy friend and then he does this?!! 😐

Ivy: You are so lucky you live with them you know

Jasmina: Why do they have to be so extra? 😷

Jasmina: Seriously, can I sleep at your place tonight?

Jasmina: I can't handle them anymore

Ivy: Sure

Ivy: But bring the rest of the wine!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

Jasmina: I hope they haven't drunk it already

Ivy: πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚