Tomorrow

Tomorrow

; Because the dawn right before

 

the sun rises is the darkest.

 

Even in the far future,

 

never forget the you of right now.

 

- tomorrow (bts)

 

He sat on the grass, wet from the late night rain. A dog on his lap, he petted it gently, singing lowly to himself as he watched the moon as it rose above him. He didn't know how long he sat for, it didn't matter. He didn't want to go home.

 

His dark brown hair clung to his forehead. The white dog on his lap panted slightly as it stared up at Taehyung. He gave a small smile before laying down, the dog laying down next to him, his head on his paws. Taehyung sighed.

 

The dog stared at his owner, no, not his owner. His friend. He knew something was up with his human friend, but he couldn't tell what. He nudged his small head against Taehyung's hand which lay across his face.

 

Taehyung moved his hand slightly, his brown eyea staring at the white dog in front of him. His eyes were shiny in the night, it took the dog a while to realize that his friend was crying. As the tear rolled down Taehyung's face, the dog it off.

 

There. He thought. Everything's okay now. He could feel his friend laughing beneath him, telling him to stop. The dog smiled, a wide toothy smile as he stared back down at his friend's face.

 

Taehyung had now sat back up. With the back of his sleeve he wiped away his dog's drool and smiled. The dog was staring at him, its head tilted slightly. One ear raised while the other drooped forward. Taehyung patted his lap and the dog sat on him.

 

He continued running his hand down the dog's fur. He leaned against Taehyung happily, his tail wagging excitedly. In a voice barely above a whisper, Taehyung began to sing again.

 

"Just hold me, hold me a little don’t say anything and please just run to me, with a heart that’s nothing but lonely and anxious, I’m waiting for you like this. . . "

 

He could feel the sad aura hanging around his human friend. He could hear it in his voice too as it would crack and break suddenly.

 

"I love you, I love you. In the long silence, a sound comes, screaming from my foolish and weak heart. . ." Taehyung's voice faded away slowly and he hugged the dog closer to him. They stayes like that for a while. The boy and the dog, sitting on the grass and staring at the moon.

 

A couple hours later the boy woke up alone. Just before sunrise, the sky transitioned from the darkest of blues to the lightest hue of pruple. His face was numb and he rubbed his hands together trying to warm them up.

 

He didn't know where his dog had gone. He felt the corners of his eyes start to prickle but he stopped himself from crying. A deep breathe, a cloud of mist in front of his face. He stood up and hugged himself slowly. It's okay. It's okay.

 

He walked slowly across the park. His dog had never left him before, it was strange. He didn't want to dwell on it though, no, he had to find his dog first.

 

The little dog padded along the streets. He knew his friend was sad and he knew exactly how to help. His friend always smiled whenever he saw the girl. The girl is nice. He thought. She'll make him smile again.

 

Along on his little paws he crossed the street. Now, where did that girl live? He thought and thought but all he could remember was sweet, cold, icecream. The girl worked at an icecream shop. Icecream equals girl. That was fair enough in the dog's mind.

 

On the other side of the street stood Taehyung. At this point he was desperate, he couldn't find his dog anywhere. He thought he had seen him but he blinked and wasn't there anymore. He couldn't give up though, that was his best friend. He decided to go back to the park where they had been and hope that his dog was also there.

 

After a while, the dog came up to the ice cream shop where the girl worked. He knew dogs weren't allowed inside, a man would always follow after him yelling and waving a newspaper. So he waited outside for the girl to come out.

 

The boy sat on a bench, his phone in his hand and his heart in his stomach. He didn't want to think about what had happened last night, what had drove him to stay at the park before accidentally falling asleep. However, now, looking down at his phone, it was hard not to.

 

SM: Don't bother coming home tonight. I already threw your stuff out.

 

His hand shook lightly, he didn't want to cry. Not now, not ever. He passed his hand through his hair, brushing it back. Nothing was looking up right now. He lost his home, he lost his dog. He lost everything he had.

 

He felt two paws on his knees. When he looked up, his dog was there. He tilted his head and stuck his tongue out, one ear drooping while the other stuck up. His friend was sad, but he did it. He brought the girl that always made his friend smile.

 

It took a while sure, humans tend to ignore the things going on around them nowadays. So he had to take extra measures to make sure she followed him. He stole her purse.

 

It wasn't really stealing though, whats a dog supposed to do with a purse anyways? So, once she reached the park where Taehyung was, he gave the bag back to her and nudged her to talk to him.

 

He was right. When his friend saw her he gave her a small smile. She sat down on the bench next to Taehyung and almost immediately the dog felt it. He was happy. His friend was happy and he could now rest.

 

Life isn't always as simple as it seems. Some days it feels like its never going to get better, like you're going to drown in your problems and you'll never be able to resurface. However, there's always a rainbow after a storm. You just have to wait for it to pass.

 

Pets always have a special place in our hearts, whether its a cat or a dog, a guinea pig, a small fish. . . (or whatever pet you may have) and even though we think they don't understand, they do. They're someone who will listen to you without judging.

 

Let's have a moment for all of BTS's pets. ♡

 

--