Back Home

Way Back Home
Please log in to read the full chapter

I see you even when I close my eyes

I hear you even when I cover my ears

When I think of you

Even if you’re in a place

Where I can’t touch you

I can feel you

Sun and Moon – NCT 127

Jung Jaehyun, a third year university student finally finished his last class of the day. At times like this, he would have found a long-haired female wearing her baby pink bagpack waiting for him at the front of the class and pestering him to hurry up because she was hungry from all the studying. Realizing the missing view in front of him, he decided to send a text message to that certain female. It’s been days since he last heard from her.

From : Polar bear

Good morning sunshine! I know you are super exhausted from that big assignment due yesterday. But do call me when you wake up :)  

 

Received 01:27

 

By the time Hyejong stirred in her sleep, the sun was already up high in the sky, offering just a little touch of warmth in the coldness of the winter. Even the greetings from the peeks of sunrays through her curtain did not bother her, she was still safe and sound within the safety of her blanket cocoon. Only when she felt the ache from sleeping too long did she start to gain consciousness.

In normal situation, her dearest neighbor/school-mate/study-buddy/everything, Jaehyun would have spammed her phone with missed calls by this time. But, this was not normal in any way. She had been staying in Chicago for almost a semester now for student exchange program, and that meant mind-boggling time differences with Seoul.  

Deciding it was finally time to face the world once again, the lass rubbed her eyes, grabbed her trusty smartphone and stretched her body with one swift upward movement. With eyes still rather weighed down by sleep, she slowly checked the messages and chats left for her overnight. Noticing the message from her polar bear, she immediately rang his number. It has been days since they talked on the phone because of the ridiculously complex final assignment she had to submit the night before. Thank goodness, she did not need to go through the sleep-depriving and hair-loss-inducing experience again.

After just three rings, a hoarse voice greeted “Hello?”.

Recognizing the tired, hoarse voice, she just registered she had not paid any heed to the extreme difference in time-zone the two were in. “Oh my God, Jaehyun-ah. I’m so sorry. I just got up and my brain isn’t working right just yet. Should I just call you again later? What time is it ther

Please log in to read the full chapter