Deep Blue Eyes

The Seven Deadly Sins

You have bewitched me body and soul,

And I love, I love, I love you.

And wish from this day forth

Never to be parted from you.

[Jane Austen - Pride and Prejudice]

 


 

As expected, Yoohyeon arrived late the next morning. Luckily for her, Handong truly was a nice person and her punishment was a study session at the school library. Even luckier, Dami, her only friend in her class, tagged along with them.

“So, what's this thing about you two living together, once again?” asked Dami in a whisper while taking out some notebooks “You explained that already, but I thought it was just a joke, like always”

“You see, Mister and Miss Kim want Yoohyeon to have a nice and bright future ahead of her. So they hired my as her special full-time tutor, to keep an eye on her all the time” explained calmly Handong “Living in the same apartment was just the most convenient thing to do”

“So you get to live all alone with this beauty right here, Yoo? Aren't you lucky…” mumbled the dark haired girl.

“Lucky? Yoobin, it's a nightmare! She threatened my router just yesterday! How could I live without my Internet and it's meme?” cried Yoohyeon while slumping on her friend’s shoulder.

Yoohyeon and Dami, whose real name is Yoobin - but only people close to her use that - have been friends for 7 years now, ever since the latter moved to Seoul. The both of them have always been kinda aloof and a bit of a sleepy head, but Dami still kept a nice school record in comparison to her buddy.

“Girls, I'm not going to say it twice. Let's study” prompted Handong, stopping Yoohyeon’s whining before it got too out of hand.

While studying, Dami kept glancing at Yoohyeon. At how she constantly looked out of the window. Or how she kept sketching little doodles on the pages. Or how she bobbed her head to a rhythm purely in her head. But once in a while, Dami also observed Handong. How focused she was and how much she tried to get Yoohyeon back on her books every time she got too distracted. She had to do something, and soon.

 


 

Siyeon was packing everything up after her afternoon classes and was ready to go home when her senior, Jiu, called for her from outside the room.

“Hey, it's Friday today! Wanna come to the club downtown to relieve some stress?” asked the red haired girl with a grin.

Siyeon, who got to meet the girl thanks to the university’s choir, looked at her with a stern look. Did she want to go and have a couple of drinks? Am important exam was due in a week, but a break once in a while wouldn't hurt, right?

“Are you coming to pick me up with your car?” she demanded with a poker face.

“Of course! But you'll have to treat me to something nice the next time, since I won't be able to have any drink!” cheered Jiu, making Siyeon finally lose her cold expression, revealing a warm eye smile.

“Will there be someone we know or is it just the two of us?” she asked while starting to head out of the building.

“I'll drive just the two of us, but I'll meet up with another girl in my year, Bora. Don't know if you ever met her. We went to the same high school too!” explained Jiu happily.

“Bora? Never heard that name before -” started to say Siyeon, but she was interrupted by the other one.

“Don't worry, she's super nice and super cool and is an awesome dancer and you'll like her a lot!” replied Jiu with so much enthusiasm that Siyeon couldn't help but burst in laughter.

“Okay Jiu, don't worry! I'll come! After such a nice presentation, I'd love to meet your friend. See you later then! Text me!” said the dark haired girl while walking in the direction of her house.

After dinner with her parents, Siyeon got ready for the night. She wore some black ripped jeans, a black top and a leather jacket to go with it. She knew that she totally rocked this style and she kinda wanted to make a good impression on Jiu’s friend tonight.

She was about to finish up with her mascara when the doorbell rang, signaling that her designated driver for the night was outside. She took her purse and bid her parents farewell on the way out of the house.

“Looking fancy, I see. I feel flattered!” smirked Jiu once she got a look at the other girl's outfit.

“I'm always fancy, what are you implying? And this is definitely not for you, Jiu” replied Siyeon while striking some poses for an imaginary audience.

“Come on, Bora is already waiting for us at the club” said the red haired girl while getting in the car.

The ride there was as silly as ever, with the two girls singing their hearts out to some old school rock. The club was just twenty minutes away, but they enjoyed every moment of the journey. Music could be heard even from inside the still running car, hyping the two already.

Inside, the music was so loud that talking was out of question. The only way to communicate would be to practically shout in the other's ear, but luckily they knew how to understand each other with just their eyes; it was not their first time in a club like this. Jiu offered to go get them a drink, one without alcohol for herself, she stressed, while Siyeon headed for the main floor to dance a little bit on her own and get used to the fast paced beat.

At least, until a tiny girl caught her attention. Sharp and precise movements, long hair tied up in a high ponytail, a body to die for, this chick was definitely owning the whole dance floor. Without realizing it, she started moving towards her, drawn by such power and charisma. This girl seemed as if born to dance and Siyeon was so mesmerized that she hadn't noticed her hands going forward to graze the other's hips.

The stranger just got even more into the song playing, slowly grinding against whoever was behind her, enjoying the new found company. Siyeon was startled. She got a little bit bolder and tried to keep the pace with the other girl. As the next drop resonated in the room, the dancer finally turned around to face her.

‘Blue eyes’ noticed Siyeon. It was such an intense blue, the same color of the sky right after sunset. The flashing light of the club painted stars on them, making her eyes look like the whole universe.

‘Wait. Blue eyes?!’ she started to panic a little. Especially since the other girl was staring at her with such an intense look. And she was also moving even closer to her, almost completely pressing their bodies together. ‘Is she one of the-’

Her thought were interrupted by a pair of lips making contact with her neck, fingers slowly getting tangled in her hair. Times stopped for a second, everything was so intense and dull at the same time. Siyeon was petrified, she couldn't do or say anything. This girl was just too overwhelming for her, too close…

Time started again once the dancer, raising her head a bit, asked “What's your name cutie?” with a really husky voice, right in her ear, making Siyeon shiver.

Before she could answer tho, the smaller girl was already gently nibbling at her ear, making it even more difficult for Siyeon to stay focused. ‘What the heck is happening here? Where is Jiu? I gotta get out of this quick!’ she thought.

“I'm sorry. I gotta go find my friend now. She must be looking for me” Siyeon said quickly while moving away from the dancer and the dance floor, without looking back in case she ever second guessed her decision.

‘Those deep blue eyes. Lust…’ was the only thing in Siyeon's head while going to the bar to look for Jiu.