VIXX - The Great Escape deleted scene

Drabbles and more

“The Great Escape” deleted scene

Tags: Raken, fantasy, Shangri la

A/N - Basically, this is what it might have been like if Wonshik had woken up with Jaehwan instead of alone. Won’t explain my reasoning more than that because spoilers. Please go check iout this ongoing Shangri La based story if you are interested ^^

When Wonshik opened them again, he was glancing up at wooden beams layered across a high ceiling. He groaned and rubbed his eyes, quickly realizing that all he experienced was nothing but a dream. He propped himself up on his elbows and they sank into the softness of the cushion beneath him. He was lying on a large futon, his school uniform still on and his blazer gathered where it was grabbed.

That’s right, I was…

Wonshik vaguely recalled being chased after school and getting lost, but the rest of his memory was choppy. Someone found him. Someone exotically beautiful who smelled of peaches. At some point, he almost fell somewhere cold and dark. Was it a ditch? A cliff? He didn’t know. But that beautiful boy yanked him by his jacket, saving him.

Wonshik had landed hard on a rough flat surface after that. He didn’t remember what it was, only the impact when he hit his back. Then there was a soft, warm hand on his cheek, and gentle brown eyes fixed to his own. Then all was calm, quiet and peaceful, just like the end of his dream.

Then nothing.

Wonshik must have fallen asleep after that, tired from running after who knows how long, but he was saved and had that boy to thank. A boy whose name was…

“Jaehwan.”

As if summoned by his name, that very same boy let out a sheepish yawn. Wonshik glanced around the room in search of him, coming to the realization of just how nice it was. He sat up completely and stretched out his legs, making tiny observations about the place as he looked around.

It was simplistic and traditional, the type of spacious bedroom found in most hanoks. It seemed brand new, like something built in the last few years instead of centuries ago. The blanket covering his large futon was soft and white, like a thick cloud covering the entirety of it, A partition stood in a back corner of the room, an intricate pattern across the panels of gold outlined in red. It was positioned diagonally, leaving space to walk behind it to a closet with sliding doors of the same pattern. A light breeze drifted through the room, but the floor radiated with warmth, highlighted in spots where the sunlight beamed in.

However, unlike most modern bedrooms there was no other furniture. No small chests or dressers for storage. No trinkets left behind by a resident or visitor. No picture proof that anyone precious like friends, family or even a pet existed. Just a place for sleep and changing. It was as if the room was meant for a person who had nothing important to hold onto. Either that, or a place where those who visited left just as quickly as they arrived.

A chill crept up Wonshik’s spine, and a sudden feeling of dread descended upon him. As if something in his gut was telling him not to be fooled, that there was definitely something off about the place.

However, that feeling drifted to the back of Wonshik’s mind when he finally laid his eyes on Jaehwan. He was dozing with his back to the door, its screens open to the view of a beautiful lush garden. The sun beamed in behind him, creating a halo of light about his head, shining off specs of gold floral patterns on his blush pink robes. 

The brightness didn’t seem to bother him at all, in fact, it seemed a natural veil over him. Bathed in warmth. Untouched by the cold. Or so, that’s what Wonshik’s hazy mind believed, and even as Jaehwan’s eyes slowly peeled open, he could find no reason to think otherwise.

Jaehwan yawned again and stretched, doing a little shimmy as his arms rose over his head. A cute gesture. 

“Oh, you’re awake,” he said mid-stretch, dropping his arms immediately.

“Yeah,” Wonshik replied in a groggy voice. “Where, where are we?”

“Shangri La silly,” Jaehwan said nonchalantly, as if that knowledge was inherent to Wonshik.

“You’re not making any sense,” Wonshik said hysterically.

Jaehwan opened his mouth to speak but quickly closed it after, scratching the side of his prominent nose as he contemplated what exactly to say. He dropped his hand and sighed, then climbed to his feet and approached Wonshik.

Wonshik fumbled back onto his elbows, heat rising to his cheeks as Jaehwan stopped just a few inches shy of the futon. He was twice as beautiful up close as he was from across the room, the sun beaming behind him creating an angelic highlight of his figure as he stretched offered his hand. A cool aromatic breeze blew into the room, giving off that same overwhelming peach scent as his pastel robes tossed in the wind and a warm smile spread across his delicate features.

“Come with me. I’ll show you.”