My baby's fit like a daydream

Say my name and everything just stops

A/N: A bit late for a Christmas-themed chapter but here ya go :)

-----------------

Momo prepares the dining area for four guests. Meanwhile, Mina has just finished cooking the main dish for the night—roasted ling pig with mushroom stew—and has started plating. Momo can’t help but hum with excitement.

 

“Honey that smells great!” she yells, running over to the kitchen, hugging Mina from behind.

 

“Do you want to take a bite?” Mina asks as she takes a spoonful of the dish and turns her head towards Momo, equally excited for the girl to taste her latest masterpiece yet.

 

“I was talking about you,” Momo replies cheekily, but opens for a taste. “Wow Mina, this is delicious!” she squeals in delight, then sighs and pouts. “I want to eat all of it now.”

 

Mina chuckles; even though she and Momo have already been together for years and although she’s used to this expression she still finds it amusing (read: cute) when Momo shows how much she really loves food.

 

“You shouldn’t, though,” Mina reminds her as she turns her body around to fully face Momo. “We’re still waiting for Jihyo, Tzuyu, Dahyun, and Sana. By the way have you finished setting up the table yet?”

 

“Yep.” Momo nods. “Quick question: do we get to eat first before opening presents or are we gonna go full on Christmas mode once everybody’s here? I go for the former.”

 

“Yeah, sure, we can eat first.”

 

“Yaaaaay!”

 

“You are such a kid at times,” Mina can’t help but say.

 

“Yeah well you love this kid.” Momo sticks her tongue out, making Mina smile.

 

“I do.” Mina leans in to give Momo a kiss when the door opens. Momo groans when she hears this and she notices, so she cups Momo’s cheek and starts kissing her anyway, ignoring the people outside. It’s a sweet kiss at first until Mina attacks Momo with her tongue—and they almost forget to attend to the door until an angry Jihyo starts yelling from outside.

 

“Hey, lovebirds! You better not be having in there!”

 

Mina and Momo pull away from the kiss to laugh at Jihyo’s bluntness but start walking towards the door. Jihyo and Tzuyu are both out at the hall with their presents for everyone, but there seems to be tension as the two are looking away from one another.

 

“Whoa,” Momo whistles. “Is there something going on between you two?”

 

“Nothing,” Tzuyu replies too quickly, stepping inside and places the gift bags near the Christmas tree, the same one that Mina and Momo bought when they first moved in together. The couple silently observes Tzuyu stomping throughout the living room and turn back to Jihyo for an explanation.

 

“Don’t look at me,” Jihyo defends herself. “I was just asking her if she thinks it’s okay for me to date one of the managers of my restaurants. I mean, I just wondered if I could’ve brought him here even if we haven’t officially dated yet, and then all of a sudden she sets off!” Jihyo groans. “It wasn’t a calm car ride, I tell you.”

 

“Oh yeah, remember the first time Tzuyu drove with the four of us there in the car and Dahyun kept teasing her?” says Mina.

 

“Yeah, only that time the anger was spread out on four different people; today she just kept yelling at me.”

 

“I did not keep yelling at you!” Tzuyu yells.

 

“Okay, listen, you two need to work it out because I don’t need this tension and I still have to prepare the pie,” Mina tells them, then points at Momo.

 

“Me?” her girlfriend asks.

 

“Yes, you. You take care of this. I’ll go to the kitchen.”

 

It’s not five minutes later when Momo walks triumphantly to the kitchen to smirk at Mina.

 

“What?” Mina asks.

 

“I fixed it,” says Momo, feeling smug.

 

“Already? Are you sure?” Mina sticks her head out only to see Jihyo and Tzuyu talking and laughing together at the couch in the living room. She turns back to Momo, eyes wide. “What did you do?”

 

“It’s a secret,” Momo teases her.

 

“Oh come on.”

 

“Let’s just say I told them something that made them shut up.”

 

“You’re really not making it less intruiging.”

 

Momo chuckles and presses a kiss on Mina’s cheek. “I’ll tell you later, after we open the presents. That’s a promise. And I told Jihyo to stop being oblivious to Tzuyu’s feelings, by the way.”

 

“Oh, that’s good. I was wondering which one out of the rest us is gonna do it.” Mina puts the pie in the oven and starts the timer. She stands up and wraps her arms around Momo’s shoulders. “Thank you for saving Christmas,” she says kissing Momo on the lips.

 

Sana and Dahyun arrive minutes later and dinner starts. Ever since Momo and Mina moved in at an apartment in Jeonju two years ago the group, Sana now included, started a tradition to get together during the holidays and give each other presents. Mina would prepare the dinner while Momo from time to time would help her cook and prepare the table as well. A year ago Sana and Dahyun also started a tradition of bringing wine to Mina and Momo’s house. (At first Sana wanted to argue that bringing wine is something old people do, but she realizes Dahyun is like an old man at times anyway, so she agrees with her girlfriend’s suggestion in the end.)

 

After dinner and stories for everyone to catch up on, it’s finally time to open presents. Everybody receives knitted sweaters from Mina and Momo; Mina receives a new set of cooking tools from Tzuyu; Jihyo gets Tzuyu a pair of clothes for her as well as for Gucci; Dahyun gives everyone gift bags full of goodies from work, plus perfume with different scents handpicked by Sana for each person when she went to a conference in Paris; Mina surprises Momo with a knitted jacket; and many more presents were given and received until all the boxes have been opened and the girls finally call it a night.

 

When the four other girls leave, Mina exhales a deep breath and hugs Momo who starts ruffling her hair.

 

“Aren’t you glad we used paper plates and plastic utensils this time?” Momo teases her. “We don’t have to wash that much plates now.”

 

Mina breaks away from the hug to face Momo. “Why are you saying that like it was your idea? I believe I was the one suggested it.”

 

“Yeah, but I’m just so glad we have less stuff to clean now,” Momo admits.

 

The doorbell rings again for the third time that night, which surprises Mina a little.

 

“Sana must have forgotten something,” she surmises, heading for the door. “You go check if she left something here.”

 

When Mina opens the door she does see Sana and Dahyun, and even Jihyo and Tzuyu, but is surprised to see them holding a box that is so huge that Sana and Dahyun actually have to hold it together.

 

“Surprise!” the girls outside cheer.

 

“Momo prepared this for you,” Dahyun tells Mina. “We just did the job of hiding it.”

 

Mina’s mouth curves into a full smile, a full gummy smile, and turns back to Momo who’s already right behind her.

 

“You are so extra,” Mina tells her. “I love you so much.”

 

“I love you too, Mina.”

 

“Okay, guys, not to break the love party here,” Sana chimes in, “but our arms are hurting and Dahyun and I still have to use them later for—”

 

“Sshh Sana!” Dahyun screams.

 

“What?” Sana quips innocently. “I was gonna say we need our arms for driving.”

 

Dahyun sighs. If she weren’t holding the box she would have facepalmed by now.

 

“I’ll get it,” says Momo. “Thanks for keeping this for me, guys. I owe you one.” She picks up the box and places it on their living room table.

 

“Okay, bye for real!” Jihyo squeals.

 

“Bye, guys,” Mina responds, closing the door and walking to the center of the living room where Momo is. “I can’t believe this,” she says. “Honestly I didn’t think you’d give me a gift.”

 

“Are you disappointed that I actually got you one?” Momo jokes.

 

“Yeah, kinda,” Mina responds, playing along. She takes the beautifully wrapped gift (it even has a ribbon and all and Mina couldn’t believe Momo would do something as precise as this) and starts opening it to see…

 

Another box.

 

“Ha ha, very funny, Momo,” Mina mutters as she opens the new box, revealing…

 

“Another box?!”

 

And Mina does this for two more times but keeps her cool—it’s Christmas after all and Momo’s just being playful as usual—until she sees a tiny box, one that isn’t wrapped anymore.

 

A velvet box.

 

“Momo…” Mina exhales.

 

Momo grabs the box and stands in front of Mina.

 

“I’m sorry about the joke, I hope you’re not too mad,” Momo starts. “But I am serious about this. About you. About us. We’ve been together for five years now, and I will always be happy for that day it rained in Seoul and we got drunk because of those two bottles of Soju you bought for the two of us.”

 

Mina chuckles at the memory, even with tears forming in her eyes.

 

“You’re not just the love of my life, you’re my best friend, too,” Momo continues. “Sometimes I regret not telling you sooner how I felt but I knew it had to happen so that you and I could happen. And what we have now is something I wouldn’t trade the world for.

 

“I know that it’s not a perfect life. We’ll always have problems, sometimes with each other. There’s always a challenge but I know that I’m going to be okay as long as I face it with you. And I hope I can do that for a very long time.”

 

Momo kneels in front of Mina and opens the velvet box, revealing a ring with a diamond that shines the light throughout the room.

 

“Myoui Mina… Will you—”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Will you ma—”

 

“Yes!”

 

Momo laughs, partly because of Mina, partly to hide her tears of joy. “Will you let me finish?”

 

“Okay, okay.”

 

“My Mitang... will you marry me?”

 

“Yes.”

 

Momo slips the ring on Mina’s left ring finger. Mina holds hands with Momo to lift her up.

 

“Merry Christmas, Momoring,” Mina says before giving her a kiss. “I love you.”

 

“I love you—”

 

“Okay guys, I think Mina said yes!” Dahyun’s announcement outside can be heard from the living room.

 

Momo opens the door, revealing four girls who seem to have been listening in on the conversation earlier.

 

“Guys?”

 

“I’m sorry,” Jihyo apologizes for everyone, “but we couldn’t help it! You guys are actually engaged!”

 

“Oh God, that means we’re really adults now,” Tzuyu utters at the horror. “But congrats to you two!”

 

“Yeah, that’s what I told these two to make them stop fighting earlier,” Momo proudly tells Mina, referring to Jihyo and Tzuyu.

 

“And these other two?” Mina points to Sana and Dahyun.

 

“They didn’t know what was inside the box,” Momo answers, turning to Jihyo and Tzuyu. “But I guess Jihyo and Tzuyu spilled the beans…”

 

Jihyo puts her hands in the air. “Again, we couldn’t help it,” she defends herself and Tzuyu.

 

“Mina, are you sure about marrying Momo over here?” Sana asks in jest. “I mean when we were in grad school her things were all over the place at the lab. And you’re actually marrying into that!”

 

“Shut up, Sana!”

 

Mina laughs and puts her arm around Momo’s waist. “Oh, I know all about it. And she’s much more organized now.”

 

“I am?” Momo blinks, and Mina adores her even more.

 

“Whoa,” Sana mutters. “Momo really must love you.”

 

“Yeah,” says Momo. “I do.”

 

It’s the best Christmas yet.

--------------------

Squint for Jitzu :) And I can't help being a Saida shipper in the end haha there'll be a story of how this happened :) I keep getting ideas for this fic even though it was originally supposed to be a one-shot, oh well ^^