one/one

Disappointed.
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Hey Chanwoo, Tablo hyung and his wife gave us food earlier. Could you hand them to the other members?” Jinhwan asked the maknae a favor. Chanwoo looked at his surroundings realizing there were only Jinhwan and Junhoe in the living room. Junhoe was busy watching some reality show to be bothered though.

“Um.. Where are the others?” Chanwoo asked back. “Don’t play dumb. Everyone is having a Japanese lesson upstairs, you know that. You just finished yours. Hanbin is at the studio though.” Jinhwan answered obviously not pleased with the younger’s shenanigans.

Chanwoo pouted hearing the hyung’s answer. Jinhwan rolled his eyes seeing him behavior. “So? Will you do it or not?” Jinhwan asked again. “Can Junhoe hand it to Hanbin hyung? I’ll handle the rest” Chanwoo offered. Jinhwan raised an eyebrow in confusion. He thought of why Chanwoo would think of that and then sighed as he realized what’s happening.

“Chanwoo, you shouldn’t be like this.” Jinhwan warned him with a serious tone. “What? The studio is far away~ I’d rather go upstairs” Hearing Chanwoo’s excuse made Jinhwan sigh again, this time it sounded even more heavier than before. Seeing the older’s reaction gave the maknae a feeling of guilt. He knows what he meant but being blunt about it would only cause more trouble.

“I don’t know why you’re acting like this, but you need to sort this out. Hand the food to Hanbin too.” Jinhwan demanded strictly. “Hyung please, I’m just not in the mood to go that far.” Chanwoo whined at this point. “Why are you all fussing? I’ll hand it over to Hanbin hyung then, I won’t mind.” With what Junhoe said Chanwoo immediately grabbed the food and rushed outside to go upstairs. Jinhwan face palmed and gave Junhoe the death stare.

“What?!” Junhoe asked as he was clueless to what Jinhwan was pissed at. “I’m not surprised why you’re clueless. I’ll give the food to Hanbin. I need to have a talk with him anyways.” Jinhwan said as he grabbed Hanbin’s portion of the food and puts his shoes on to get ready to go to the studio. As he left Junhoe alone, Junhoe went back to the TV and laid down on the sofa, flicking more channels.

“I’d rather watch a drama from a tv show than be a part of my own members’ drama”

 

***

 

“Chanwoo-ah, you need to give Hanbin a visit” Jinhwan said suddenly in the middle of their breakfast. Chanwoo who was startled looked at the eldest with a weird look. What in the world is he planning? It must be because of what happened yesterday. “What, why?” Chanwoo asked interested in what Jinhwan will say. Jinhwan looked at him with a serious look.

“I don’t think he went back last night. He probably stayed the night in the studio. It might be best to check up on him” Jinhwan explained with a straight face. Chanwoo furrowed his eyebrows, clueless. “Why would he need any company?” Chanwoo asked truly not knowing the answer. Jinhwan smiled at the younger, which kind of scares the maknae.

“That’s what we always do when he spends too much time in the studio. Usually, it’s either me or Jiwon. But since both of us couldn’t do that due to our own schedule..” Jinhwan explained not bothering to even complete the sentence.

“Why am I the only option? Some of the others are free too!” Chanwoo complained, as Jinhwan would expect from the younger. Good thing he planned on what to say if he ever makes any excuses. “You’ve been avoiding going to the studio two times in a row. Is there something I should know about, Jung Chanwoo?” Jinhwan asked obviously putting Chanwoo in a corner. Chanwoo felt defeated. It was a check mate.

“N-No, I was just asking” Chanwoo answered obviously lying. Also, exactly how Jinhwan had predicted would happen. Jinhwan smiled in victory. “Well, you’re free today. Besides, you’re the maknae. He would love to have someone to cling to as he is working. You know how he is.” Jinhwan explained making too much sense for Chanwoo to make more excuses.

Chanwoo could only sigh. “Fine, I’ll go” He said in defeat. Jinhwan came closer to the maknae and pat him in the head. “You’ll get through it.” Jinhwan said a low volume but loud enough for Chanwoo to hear. Chanwoo couldn’t react so he watched the older leaving him before he couldn’t see his sight anymore.

Chanwoo then put on his coat and his shoes but when he was ready to leave he heard Jinhwan yelling from his back.

“Oh, and if you try to run from this, I will know. Have fun~”

Chanwoo didn’t know if he should be terrified or angry by that fact, but either way he just left the room after hearing the eldest’s warning. He cursed under his breath and took his time to visit his manager a visit to take him to the studio. He took every step slowly because the slower he gets, the longer it will take for him to see the person he has been avoiding.

 

***

 

Hanbin heard knocking on the door. He looked at the source of the knock and put on a face filled with confusion. He then got up from his seat and hands away his headphones he was wearing to open the door.

“Just come on in, you don’t have to knock. I thought you would know that by-” Hanbin stopped talking after he saw his own maknae, holding a cup of coffee, standing still not planning to go anywhere until the leader told him to come in. Hanbin was frozen for a moment but he soon got back to reality.

“Ch-Chanwoo! I’m sorry I thought you were Bobby hyung! Come in, you don’t have to stand there!” Hanbin said worried that the maknae would spill the coffee. Even though Hanbin was surprised, he was happy that the maknae gave him a visit. A cup of coffee too as a bonus. Chanwoo then immediately came inside to put the cup straight on Hanbin’s table.

Hanbin got back into his seat but he saw that Chanwoo wasn’t moving anywhere. He was like waiting for Hanbin to say t hat he should leave or something. Which in no way will happen anytime soon. “Thanks for the coffee Chanwoo. I honestly would never expect this from you” Hanbin said wanting to give a compliment but ended up giving whatever just came out of his mouth.

What Hanbin didn’t expect was a sudden bow from the maknae. Hanbin, obviously startled at the maknae’s actions, got up from his seat. “Why in the hell are you bowing down to me?” Hanbin asked demanded an immediate answer. “I-I don’t know, it seemed like the right thing to do. Sorry for never visiting you here before, hyung.” Chanwoo said looking really guilty. Hanbin then looked at Chanwoo, not pleased.

“Don’t make such a fuss over it, I was joking.” Hanbin sighed because it’s never a great thing to explain that you’re joking to someone. He then took f a sip of the coffee Chanwoo made for him and put his headphones on again. Chanwoo looked at the whole process in awe. He never gets to see the behind the scenes of stuff like this. It was really interesting, really. The respect he had for Hanbin increased. But his feelings of guilt somehow also grew bigger.

“Hey, Chanwoo. I made these two songs for iKON, tell me which one you prefer” Hanbin said out of the blue. Before Hanbin even had a chance to share his headphone to Chanwoo, he already opened his mouth to say something.

“Hyung! I-I don’t think that it’s m-my place to have an opinion on” Chanwoo exclaimed. Hanbin froze hearing his words. What has gotten into his blatant maknae? Last week he complained that the ballad song Hanbin made didn’t get to be the single. Hanbin sighed. Jinhwan was right. He then tighten his grip preventing him to do things he would regret.

"O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter