Can't You Realize It?!

Can't You Realize It?!

“Jieun, please send your brother to his school before you go to school. I have to go to work early today. I have an important meeting.” Mum rushed to get her handbag.

“Alright, mum. Please drive carefully.” I said. Mum kissed me on the forehead before she went away.

 

“Where’s mum?” Dongho asked.

“She’s gone to work already.” I answered.

“Owh…”

After a few minutes, I broke the silence…

“Dongho, how many hours do you actually have to take to finish your breakfast?” I asked him.

“About three hours…” he replied without looking at me.

“Stop fooling around and finish your breakfast quickly!!! I’m already late for school!!!” I yelled.

 

 

“Sending your lovely little brother to school, huh?” someone asked me. Oh shoot! I think I’ve walked the wrong path. I hate this guy. Really hate him. He always makes me angry and never let me live with peace.

“What do you want, monkey?” I asked him rudely without looking at him. I called him monkey, alright.

“Nothing. Just waiting for you to go to school together.” he said. Then, I turned around and faced him. There he is, standing in front of me while chewing the gum. Kim Jonghyun. The guy that I never like and I never intend to like him. He’s just so annoying.

“Why are you acting like you’re my boyfriend?” I asked him curiously.

“Well, you know…I’m just bored.”

“Like there are no other girls that are way hotter than me outside there. Go and fetch one…or maybe some…” I glared at him.

“I’m bored with hot girls. I just want to try ugly girls now.”

“What?! So, you’re trying to say that I’m ugly?! Is that so, Mr. Monkey?”

“I’m not a monkey, unfortunately. Can you just call me by my own name?” he grabbed my hand and came closer to me.

“Well, I will if you just leave me alone and never disturb my life again, Mr. Kim Jonghyun!” I pulled my hand and left him alone.

 

 

It was Physical Education lesson and we were at the basketball court. I don’t really know how to play basketball actually, so I was avoiding the ball more than playing the game.

“Jieun, don’t be a coward!” one of my classmate said.

“I’m not a coward!” I replied.

“Then, catch this!!” she threw the ball to me and unfortunately, I can’t catch it. The ball hit my face and causing my nose to bleed. I fell down and saw Jonghyun ran towards me. He kneeled down in front of me.

“Jieun, are you okay?” he asked, worrying about my condition.

“It’s okay, it’s just my nose hurt a bit.” I told him. He stood up and scolded the girl that threw the ball to me.

“Damn! Are you that stupid?! She didn’t want to play, so don’t force her to play basketball, you ugly!!” He threw the ball back to the girl and the girl cried. Actually, why is he protecting me? Why is he stood up for me?

“Jieun, I’ll bring you back to class.” He said to me. He helped me to stand up and I tried to stand up but, oh crap! I sprained my ankle.

“Ouch!”

“Are you alright? Did you sprain your ankle?” he caringly asked.

“I think so.” I answered.

“No other choice. Hop on. I’ll carry you to class.” He said while lowering his body so I can hop on his back.

“But, Jonghyun…”

“Quick!”

I had no other choice than hop on his back and being carried by him to class.

 

 

“Ouch, it hurts!”

“Just overcome it. It’s almost done.” He said. Then, he wiped the blood that was trickling out from my nose with a tissue. I just stared at him. When I really take a good look at him, I think he’s kinda hot, with his jaw line and his y collarbones. Well, he’s one of the hottest guys.

”Why are you staring at me? You’ve fallen for me?” he suddenly broke the silence.

“N-No, I’m not. I’m just looking at….at….at your wrinkles! Oh boy, Jonghyun, you’re old already!” I said.

“Hey, I don’t have wrinkles. I’m still young, you know!” he replied back.

“You better go and buy some facial cream that can help you with the wrinkles.”

“Whatever you said, you can’t stop me from being happy.”

“Happy? Why?” I really can’t understand what he said. He came closer to me until the gap between my face and his face was an inch.

“Because you call me Jonghyun.” He smiled.

“So, I’m gonna get some drinks. You want?” he asked.

“Just give me carrot juice.” I ordered.

“Alright. Wait here. I’ll be right back.” He said and ruffled my hair. Then, he walked away. I stared at him until he was gone, and smiled.

 

 

“You know what, Jonghyun; the girl that you scolded last time was one of your fans.” I told him. We were walking along the streets while eating sausages. It was a week after I recovered from my sprained ankle and thanks to Jonghyun because he helped me to recover fast.

“Fan?” he looked confused.

“Yeah, that girl really likes you. That’s why when you call her ugly, she cried.” I explained.

“Do I look like I care when ugly girls like her cry and hurt just because of me?”

“Then, what about me? I’m ugly to you but when I got hurt, you took really good care of me and you protect me too.”

“Well, you’re not ugly. You’re…. different. You know, you’re…”

“I’m what?”

“You’re…...different. Gosh! Can you stop asking me question that you’ve already know the answer?”

“Answer? What answer? I don’t know anything.”

“Don’t you realize something?”

“Realize what?”

“Realize that…...urgh! Never mind!” he turned and walked.

“Hey, Jonghyun! Wait for me!!” I ran towards him. Well, I don’t know and I can’t understand what this guy is trying to say. Can you? Sometimes guys can be weirder that girls. Don’t you think so?

 

 

 

I was on my way to the library while carrying books. Well, the books were heavy enough for me to fall down in any second. Then, someone bumped me.

“Hey, can you walk properly?! Can’t you see that I’m— “

I saw the guy that bumped on me kneeled down while helping me picking up the books. He was so handsome and I can’t get rid of my stupid eyes from him.

“I’m sorry. Did you hurt anywhere?” he asked.

“No, no. I’m okay.” I replied.

“That’s good. By the way, where are you going with all these books?”

“Owh, I want to go to the library to return the books.” I smiled.

“He really likes to trouble me.” I said to myself while looking at the other side, referred to Jonghyun.

“Who?” he suddenly asked.

“Err…nothing. It’s just a monkey who likes to trouble me.”

“Jonghyun?”

“How do you know? Yeah, he’s the monkey!”

“Well, everyone in this school said that Jonghyun and you are dating.”

“What?! That’s not true and that’ll never ever happen.”

Then, he laughed.

“Onew…” he offered his hand to shake hands with me.

“Huh?” I got confused.

“I’m Onew.”

“Owh, I’m Jieun.” We shook hands.

“Here, let me help you with the books.” He said and lifted some books from me.

“Thank you.” I thanked him.

“You are welcome.

 

 

Onew always help me to settle things up and I really thanked him. To make it short, he asked me to be his girlfriend and I agreed. He became much sweeter than before with his sudden peck on the cheek and he always be by my side. About Jonghyun, he suddenly didn’t come to school for days. I kept thinking what on earth that guy did until he had to skip school. So, that day, I went out with Onew. We walked along the streets and buy some snacks. Then, someone came to me.

“Jieun sunbae, I saw Jonghyun sunbae fighting with some guys on the dark lane.” He told me.

“Jonghyun? Which dark lane?” I asked him.

“There…” he pointed at one of the dark lane. I was about to run when Onew grabbed my hand.

“Onew!”

“Let him settle his own things. You don’t have to interrupt.” Onew said to me.

“But, Onew, he’s my friend…” I tried to let myself free from Onew.

“You like him, don’t you?”

“Onew…”

“You can’t stop thinking about him. You always talk about him and tried to call him, but he never answers your call. You worried about him too much until I didn’t get any attention from you anymore.” His grab became tighter and tighter.

“Please Onew~”

“You just have to make a choice whether you choose me or him.”

I just can’t think right now. I’m just worried about Jonghyun.

“I’m sorry, Onew.” I left him and ran to the dark lane.

 

 

“STOP IT!!!” I tried to stop the guys from hitting Jonghyun. I pushed them with all my strength and threw some rocks to them. After they have run away, I ran towards Jonghyun. I kneeled down, lifted his head and put it on my lap. I cried while wiping his blood with my sleeve.

“I know that you’ll choose me over Onew.” He said.

“What do you mean?” I asked, still crying.

“All this happen because of Onew. He planned all this and ordered them to ‘teach’ me some lesson. Then, he’ll ask you whether you choose him or me. But, it looks like you choose me over him.” He explained.

“Then, how are you gonna explain about your absence in school?”

“I just want to know whether you like me or not. You can’t stop worrying about me, right?”

“Who likes a monkey like you?! And who is worrying about you?! I didn’t say anything!” I said. Then, he smiled. What a stupid monkey with a stupid excuse!

 

 

I brought him to his house but no one was there except for his maid.

“Where is your mum?” I asked him.

“She’s still working.” He told. I entered his room and laid him on his bed.

“You wait here. I’m gonna call my brother to tell him that maybe I’ll go back home late.” He nodded his head and I went out from his room.

 

“Hello, Dongho? It’s noona. Maybe I’ll go back home late.’

“Noona? Why?”

“Jonghyun got hurt. So, I have to take care of him.”

“Jonghyun? Owh, that hyung? Is he alright?”

“He’s alright. Now, you just have to go to sleep without waiting for me. Mum will not come home because she has to go to Jeju Island for work. Close the doors and windows.”

“Alright, noona. Please take care of yourself and Jonghyun hyung too.”

I ended up the phone call and went to the bathroom to get a towel and a bowl filled with warm water to clean up Jonghyun’s wound.

 

 

“Why are you staring at me? Is there anything on my face?” I asked.

“Nothing. You’re just too pretty.” He said and came closer to me.

“Jonghyun, what are you trying to do?”

“I want you to realize something.”

“Realize what?”

“Realize this.” He kissed me on the lips. I don’t know what to react. I just closed my eyes and kissed him back. Then, he smiled. I opened my eyes and pushed him.

“So, you DO like me after all.” He said.

“I…I…”

“You don’t need to explain. Now, I know something important in my life. I just want to sleep and have a sweet dream with the most important person in my life.” He laid down and closed his eyes.

“Saranghae, Lee Jieun” he said while his eyes closed and smiled. He really made me realize it. Realize that he loves me and I love him too. SARANGHAE, KIM JONGHYUN~

 

~THE END~