End

Baby, You're Mine.

1. 

 

Hoseok is a wizard. Not a witch. That's two different things. He doesn't even know what that means, he just nodded at whatever his friends, Namjoon was explaining about the differences between the two words. To be fair, he was actually mesmerized and interested with the stories about wizard and witch during centuries ago told by Namjoon. He was also actually asked a fair amount of questions to the elder as he listens eagerly to his friend. Hoseok silently envy Seokjin for having such a smart and full of knowledge boyfriend. Yoongi who was sitting beside him, sipped his black coffee silently and with passive expression, but Hoseok knew and judging from the way Yoongi's occasionally frowned, he knew that his best friend was also listening.  

 

"Wizard, warlock, witch and enchanters practically means the same. They are people who practices magic. However, a witch is often used towards the female and any male who shows the same ability with a witch, was called a warlock. Enchanters usually don't give any effect to any object nor people. They used their abilities to seduce people", Namjoon explained before taking a sip of his Americano while Seokjin leaned on his shoulder and hummed, indicating that he is listening and is genuinely interested. 

 

"Well, based on Joonie's explanations, I'd say that our Hoseok is a wizard. I don't want to use the term warlock though we know how powerful Hoseok is, but I feel like addressing him as woman if we use that term", Seokjin shuddered. Yoongi chuckled at his friend's interpretation.  

 

As Hoseok was about to open his mouth and retort something that would embarrassed Seokjin, he suddenly hissed in pain and lifted his knee that resulted the pain to double and cursed, because he had hit the table. He slowly moved his left knee and pull it out from under the table and massage it. Damn his soulmate for falling off the stairs, so much being clumsy fella.  

"Damn, your soulmate is a clumsy fella huh?", Yoongi frowned and watch in worries as his best friend massage slowly his knee and he swear he could see tears in the wizard's eyes. He looked as Seojin had gone to the counter and asked politely for a pack of ice cubes before he went to their table and handed Hoseok the ice.  

Hoseok sighed as the cool items made a contact with his knee. Hoseok doesn't even bothered to deny Yoongi's questions because he was sure Yoongi wouldn't even be too surprised (ok maybe a little worried, sometimes too worried that he even took a day off from his studio to take care of Hoseok). Yoongi has been living with Hoseok since their university's day and hit it off quite well.  

 

"What is it this time?", Namjoon asked. Before Hoseok could replied to Seokjin's words just now, he had seen a flash of events that happened to his soulmate.  

 

"He fell down the stairs, it was only a few flights of stairs, not more than 20. Somehow, he managed to fall because he was too excited to go to lunch". A collective sound of sighs could be heard from his friends. Hoseok let out a small chuckle, thinking that 'Wow, my friends even have been getting used to this'. 

 

"I am fine though. I don't mind, his lunch for today is his favorite after all", Hoseok smiled.  

"Whipped" 

Hoseok doesn't even bother to deny it. 

 

 

2. 

 

Hoseok soon regretted his words a week later.  

He was practicing his dance routine in the studio with his crew and was doing a back flip when suddenly a flash from his soulmate flashed in front of his eyes and not long after that, a sharp pain from his right shoulder shoot him. It caused him to crash down the floor while his legs were both in the air and managed to knock the air out of his lungs. He felt his head hit the floor and soon felt he slowly developed into the darkness.  

He barely registered the sound of shout from his crew before he was pulled into the eternal darkness. 

 

When he woke up, he blinks his eyes rapidly before he looked around. He sighed as he realized that he was in the hospital. 

"You're awake, thank god. I thought you were gonna die back there", Yoongi sighed. He watched as Yoongi stood up from the couch that he must have took a rest there and sit on the stool next to his bed. Hoseok rolled his eyes and muttered 'whatever'. 

"Hoseok", a soft voice greeted him and Hoseok turned to his left and saw Jin and Namjoon looked as worry as Yoongi. "Guys, don't worry. I'm okey", Hoseok grunted, suddenly his cheeks warm at the thought of the flashback right before he closed his eyes. Yoongi, being an observant person, doesn’t miss it. 

"What is it?" Yoongi asked. 

"Nothing", Hoseok had the audacity to look away because he knows that his expression will give him away.  

"Tell us, Hoseok", Jin spoke.  

Hoseok sighed. "What happened to Jimin?" Namjoon asked.  

"He got bitten", Hoseok muttered. All of them raised an eyebrow and waited for him to continue, but he didn't. 

"By what?", Jin asked. 

"A cat", Hoseok said flatly. 

 

Yoongi snorted before a loud laughter erupted from Namjoon, who choked a few seconds later because his boyfriend jabbed him at his ribs.  

"He got bitten by a cat, you fell and fainted", Yoongi rubbed his chin. "Wow", he then laughed at his friend's bad luck. 

"I swear I am gonna pray that your soulmate is as clumsy as mine, Yoongi", Hoseok snapped. 

"But it's just a cat!", Yoongi groaned. 

"It's not just a cat! That feline was the nastiest cat I have ever seen in my life. Jimin saw the cat and attempted to carry it on his shoulder when that cat bit him and scratch him on his shoulder. That cat even spit at Jimin's foot!", Hoseok huffed. He rubbed his temple because the dull pain throbbed in his head came and forced him to breathe deeply. 

"Hoseok, I'm sorry to hear that, but-", Jin was cut by Yoongi with a "This is the hundredth time a cat tried to scratch Jimin, probably being a wizard's soulmate is a cat's biggest enemy". 

"Or Jimin probably stinks and sweaty after his practices every time he approaches a cat" 

Yoongi gave him a 'what the actual , joon' look. 

"What?!", Joon sighed. 

"Anyway, remember that one time when Hoseok was doing a presentation in front of our class, when he suddenly grabbed his crotch because he said 'a big brown cat scratch Jimin's inner thigh which is so close to his crotch because Jimin scratch at the wrong part of the cat's body'?", Yoongi snorted at the memory.  

"Oh god, please don't remind us", Namjoon and Jin groaned. 

Hoseok might have fallen asleep midway through his friend's banter.  

 

 

3. 

 

Hoseok knows how clumsy his soulmate can be but he had never thought that his soulmate could do something that harm himself. He was eating with the other at Jin's house when he suddenly saw a flash and immediately he clutched his stomach and his throat as he took the pain from Jimin. Yoongi and the others looked alarmed and stood up. They immediately went to Hoseok's sides and pull him into the living room.  

 

"Hoseok, what's wrong?", Yoongi panicked, as he cradled Hoseok's face into his hand, once they have settled down at the couch. Yoongi rarely shows himself if he is in panic but now, he genuinely panicked. Instead of answering, Hoseok groaned in pain as the torture occurred. Hoseok immediately curled himself and sobbed because of what he was seeing. He saw it.  

Jimin. 

In the toilet. 

Putting two fingers into his throat as he tried to throw up the food that he has eaten. 

 

Hoseok screamed in pain because he felt weak and hopeless as he can't help his mate to stop whatever he was doing. He cried because his mate have the guts to do that to himself and most importantly, to his soulmate; Hoseok. The pain was so strong that he felt his breath got knocked out and his head started to produced stars. He watched as his mate throw up all the food into the bowl and continued to repeat the process. 

"STOP IT", he chanted. 

"PARK JIMIN STOP IT", Hoseok screamed, his eyes red due to the constant tears. 

He saw from the corner of his eyes that Jin and Namjoon hugged each other, knew too well that they can't do anything but to watch and do something that can ease his pain after the pain stopped.  

Abruptly, the pain stopped and Hoseok panted harshly. He waited a few more moments before he is sure that the pain is not going to come again. He felt Yoongi's hands wiped his tears across his cheek before his head was cradle to Yoongi's chest. His breath became calmer and he barely felt Jin's hand rubbed his back in circular motion.  

Hoseok doesn't know when but he had fallen asleep in his best friend's chest.  

 

+1 

Yoongi was so upset by the incident that he had launched a mission himself along with the other two friends to find Hoseok's soulmate. Although Hoseok is a wizard, he can't find his soulmate's wherebout because that is how fate works. All he knows is Jimin has a friend, Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jeongguk.  

"Wait, Jeon Jeongguk?", Jin asked. 

"Yeah, why? Hyung, do you know him?" 

"Jeon Jeongguk, the one with the bunny smile?", It's Namjoon's time to asked Hoseok. 

Hoseok blinked. "Yeah, I guess", he shrugged.  

"That's my cousin. Goddammit, the world is small", Jin muttered.  

 

Not long after that, Jin had called his cousin, demanding the said cousin to bring his friends and visit him because he may have or may not have told Jeongguk the truth and threaten him not to speak a word to Jimin and Taehyung. 

Jeongguk agreed. 

 

Jimin is beautiful. His fluffy hair that bounces every time he took a step. His chubby cheeks that seems to get prettier when his lips stretch into a smile and his eyes. Hoseok groaned internally as he was captivated by the beauty of Jimin's eyes when it turns into a crescent the moment he smiled. But then, he frowned. He then noticed the dark eyes under his mate's eyes, the sunken eyes. He noted that Jimin's halo is not as bright as he usually sees in his vision. Jimin looked tired.  

He hadn't realized that he has been staring until Yoongi jabbed him lightly and hissed a "You're staring", before Yoongi let out a forced small. He teared his eyes from Jimin and looked at his best friend, muttering an apology. When he looked up, he saw everyone is watching him and felt his cheeks warm because of the attention.  

Taehyung chirped in and waved at him, saying "hyung, it's your turn to introduced yourself". 

Hoseok mouthed an 'aah' and nodded.  

"My name is Jung Hoseok, I'm a dance instructor at Big Hit Entertainment and also a rapper", Hoseok introduced himself. He felt Jimin's eyes on him and turned to look at his mate. Jimin paled and Hoseok panic suddenly but managed to calm himself down because he hadn't felt any pain at any part of his body.  

"Y-you... the guy... toilet", Jimin stuttered while pointing at Hoseok. It took Hoseok a few moments to digest his mate's words before the incident a few days ago came back to him. "Your voice", Jimin said, his hands covered his mouth. Jimin looked like he was about to get up and flee from the place so Hoseok immediately leaned forward and grabbed Jimin's hand. But Jimin was quick, he immediately retracted his hand and stood up to leave.  

Hoseok widened his eyes before he immediately rushed to chased his soulmate. He pushed the door and exited the café and realized that Jimin had already a few steps in front of him.  

"Jimin, wait. Please stop", Hoseok yelled. He knew very well that Jimin heard him but chose to ignore his call. He kept running forward, rubbing his eyes and Hoseok knew very well that Jimin is crying, for whatever reason, Hoseok doesn't know.  

 

Jimin continued to ignore Hoseok's plead and continue to walk faster, pushing himself amongst the crowd of people, Hoseok's voice got drown by the crowd.  

Soon, Jimin regretted his choice because the next second, he found himself soon being pushed forward and fell to the ground. He winced in pain but soon froze because he heard a screeching sound a loud crash. Jimin widened his eyes, as he had realized that he had crossed the road without even bothering about the traffic.  

He turned around and he found himself gasped. He saw a body, a few feet away from him, laying lifelessly on the ground.  

"Hoseok", Jimin choked. He scrambled to his feet and kneeled. He couldn't bring himself to touch his mate and tears well up in eyes. He slowly approached his mate and put his right hand on his soulmate's chest as he cradled Hoseok's head into his lap. His visions blurred as he burst into a crying mess. 

"Someone please call an ambulance. Please!", Jimin wiped harshly his tears as he shouted to the crowd.  

He looked down to his soulmate and realized that Hoseok is staring at him, despite blood oozing out from his head. Hosoek's eyes looked at him fondly. His eyes blinked rapidly, as if fighting the urge to pass out. He still wanted to look at his mate a little bit more. Jimin shaked his head. "No, please", Jimin grab a fistful of Hoseok's shirt and connect their forehead. 

Jimin sniffed at the smell of the blood from Hoseok as he tried his best to minimize any movement that could cause more harm on Hoseok. His tears blur his views and he wiped his tears harshly. He watched as Hoseok breath harshly and his eyes closed, frowning as he tried to fight the pain.  

"Jimin", He heard Taehyung's voice and looked up. He realized that all of their friends had arrived at the scene. "Tae Tae, he- it was my fault- he", Jimin hiccupped. Taehyung cupped his face and shook his head, "It’s okey Jimin. He will be okey".  

"He is not going to be okey and it's my fault!", He yelled. He doesn't want anyone to tell him that it will be okey when he knows that it will not. 

He looked down back to Hoseok. 

"Hoseok, please. I'm sorry. Don't leave me, please", Jimin begged. His tears keep falling down. He is a sobbing mess and he screamed in agony because he has been so stupid and careless. If only he had been aware of his surrounding and ran back towards his soulmate's arm, this wouldn't be happening. Jimin regretted the moment he had stepped out from the café.  

That's when he remembered that soulmate can share the pain together, so Jimin tried. He tried but nothing happened. He looked up, Taehyung's eyes met him. Taehyung knew that Jimin tried to take Hoseok's pain but, "Jimin, Hoseok won't let you take his pain", Yoongi spoke and sighed. "Hoseok can block his connection with you so that you won't take his pain away", he continued. 

Jimin doesn't know what that mean but it caused him to let more tears to fall from his eyes. Passerby look at him and some of them also had tears in their eyes. Jimin connected his forehead to Hoseok and cried again. He didn't care if his tears keep falling to Hoseok's face, he just wanted to be close to his mate. By now, heh had Hoseok's face on his lap, as Jimin continued to beg to anyone to let this be a dream. 

"Jimin", Hoseok croaked. Jimin's breath stopped for a moment and opened his eyes. Hoseok looked so beautiful even when he is in this state. Jimin felt so stupid for not realizing it earlier. "Jimin", Hoseok called out again.  

"shh don't talk please, the ambulance is gonna be here soon", Jimin begged. Hosoek let out a silent chuckle. 

"Baby", Hoseok smiled. "I have always wanted to call you that". Hoseok looked content now that he was able to tell Jimin his wish.  

Jimin would have feel fluttered at another situation but right now, Jimin could only choked and whimper. "You will, Hoseok. I promise, you will". Jimin prayed silently to the deity to save his soulmate's life. He promised that he will be good to his soulmate, will love him and never to run away from him again. 

"I will be okey. Don't worry. I'm sorry I cannot let you take my pain away", Hoseok brought his hand to caress Jimin's cheeks. He smiled when he saw Jimin's crying gets louder. Jimin kissed Hoseok's forehead and linked their hand together.  

"Don't leave me please", Jimin begged. "I promise that I will be there for you, I promise that I will be good. So, please. Hoseok, don't leave me", Jimin begged and soon panicked because Hoseok's eyes are losing the glint. His hold is getting loose. Hoseok looked at him as if trying to catch every single detail on Jimin's face. Jimin shook his head, doesn't want Hoseok to stare at him a little longer because he is scared. Scared that Hoseok will leave him forever, without giving him the chance to love his mate.  

"Good, Jimin. I will claim your promise one day, baby", Hoseok muttered before he let out his last breath. His hold on Jimin's finally lose its strength and his body went limp in Jimin's embrace. 

Jimin never screamed so much in his life.  

Jimin never cried so much in his life. 

Jimin never felt so lost in his life. 

Jimin never felt broken in his life.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Epilogue 

Jimin woke up to the sound of coffee maker. He blinked slowly before letting out a yawn, and realized that he had fallen asleep on his left side. Jimin rolled to his right and blindly reach out with his right hand and frowned when he was met with nothing but the soft blanket.  

He rubbed his eyes as he sat on the bed and glanced at the clock on the nightstand. 9AM. "Still early", he muttered and went back to lay down. "Oh no, baby. Don't sleep back, wake up sleepyhead. We need to go to the café", a man made his way to the room but doesn't enter it, instead leaned against the door frame. But the man was late, Jimin had already made himself comfortable in the mass of blanket and pillow. He settled himself comfortably and sighed before he peeked an eye to see the man. 

He made a grabby hand towards the other and doesn’t hesitate to wink at him. The man let out a soft laughter before he made his way to the bed and snuggle to Jimin. Jimin immediately latched himself and throw his leg over the others and his right arm on the man's waist. The man let out a soft chuckle and sniffed Jimin's hair. "Koala", the man muttered. 

"Only for you, Hoseok", Jimin laughed.  

Jimin settled himself at the crook of Hoseok's neck and sighed. His thought involuntary flew to the day he almost lost Hoseok in his arm, because of his mistakes. He was so lucky that his soulmate survived the crash. Sure, Hoseok lost lots of bloods, which Jimin immediately voluntary to donate some of his bloods. He had stayed with Hoseok for a week in the hospital and nurse him at Hoseok's house. Their friends also came a lot and he was grateful to Jin. The latter has been learning cooking from Jin after Jin had exclaimed that he is a natural cook. 

Jimin continued to learn to cook and prepare a healthy food for both of them. Both Hoseok and him have gotten closer and Jimin sometimes couldn't hold back his tears because he still couldn't get over his mistakes. It was stupid of him, he knows but Hoseok just smiled at him and told him that it was okey. Jimin cried more until Yoongi had to knocked some sense into him. To say Jimin was scared of Yoongi is an understatement because that hyung just speaks whatever in his mind and his sarcasm was beyond Jimin's level. 

Sometimes, Jimin would imagine, 'what if Hoseok never made it?' 'What if I didn't even get the chance to get to know him?'. These thoughts sometimes consume Jimin's mind at nights but Hoseok knew. Hosoek knew that Jimin would sometimes blame himself and Hoseok would do anything to make those thoughts away. So, Hoseok had made a firework show in the room. Jimin widened eyes and gasped loudly. To say he was scared is understandble because what if Hoseok's apartment got caught in a fire. 

"I'm a wizard", Hoseok confessed one day. Jimin looked at him, expressionless. So, Hoseok made a showcase of his magic to Jimin. Jimin coughed after that and laughed. When he saw Hoseok's expression, he immediately stopped laughing but still let out a wide smile.  

"I know, Hoseok", Hoseok looked scandalized. "How?", he asked. 

"I just knew", Jimin would never wanted to tell his soulmate that he had found about it accidentally. He was just closing their front door after he had done with his practices when he saw the furniture in their house floated and Hoseok was standing at the middle. He stood there frozen and watched as his mate stood there with a frown on his face. Jimin didn't know what to do, he was freaking out so he left the house and went to see Yoongi.  

"He's a wizard. I'm surprised it took you weeks to know that", Yoongi said.

Jimin frowned because "Why don't Hoseok tell me", he asked.  

"Why do you think?", Yoongi watched Jimin as the latter frown at him.

"Stop answering my questions with a question, Yoongi", Jimin snapped, but later apologized.

"Hoseok was worried about you, he knew you still blamed yourself. He waited for you to be stable and do his best to cheer you up. This is not my place to tell you Jimin, but past is past. Stop thinking and enjoy the moment with Hoseok. He has been waiting for you for so long", Yoongi smiled. 

Jimin cried. "I feel so selfish", Jimin said. He wiped his tears as he took a seat besides Yoongi. "I didn't even think about how it has affected Hoseok", Jimin continued.  

"Don't blame yourself. Everybody made a mistake. It's normal. Why don't you go home and spend more time with him?", Yoongi looked at him before nudged him out.  

Jimin went home with a smile on his face. He promised to be a better soulmate for Hoseok.  

 

"Stop thinking, Jimin", Jimin startled as Hoseok's voice woke him up from his thoughts. He looked up to see Hoseok staring down at him and smiled.  

"Hey, can you read my mind?", Jimin asked. 

"You know I can't do that babe", Hoseok frowned at the question. Jimin looked up to him and lay in his elbow, so that he is now at the same eye level as Hoseok.  

Jimin stared at his husband, his soulmate for a moment before he leaned in to capture Hoseok in a kiss, which Hoseok immediately comply to the request. Jimin pecked him again and again and everytime he pulled away, he smiled when Hoseok will chase his lips. Soon, they engaged in a kiss that both of them love, slow and sensual kiss. Jimin loves this kind of kiss, while Hoseok loves heated kiss. But both of them agree that they like slow and sensual kiss the most. A kiss where the feel content with each other, no lust, no urgency, just love.  

Jimin broke the kiss and connect their forehead together, his eyes met with Hoseok's. Jimin gave his husband his thousands of watts smile to Hoseok. "I love you", he whispered and peck Hoseok's lips. It never failed to amaze Jimin to see Hoseok blushed. His neck and his ears would go red and Hoseok always failed to hide his smile. Whenever he blushed by something that Jimin do, he would bury his face at the crook of Jimin's neck, just like now.  

Jimin laughed as Hoseok tickles his neck with his kisses and throw his head back because he can't stop laughing. He grabbed Hoseok by his hair and pull him away slowly before reconnecting their forehead back. "I love you, Jung Hoseok", Jimin said again.  

"I swear you are gonna be the death of me Park Jimin", Hoseok huffed, but still couldn’t hide his smile as he pecked Jimin on both of his cheeks.  

"I love you too, Park Jimin", Hoseok smiled, as he made his way to capture Jimin's lips that always makes his heart beats thousand times faster and hard.  

"The love of my life", both of them whispered to each other.