Fresh Blood

Who Are You?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The smell of espresso in the morning caught Yeri’s attention. She smiled at the customer as she placed the glass full of dark brown liquid and excused herself to work another task. Her brother called her from the chasier table, informing her about her phone couldn’t stop ringing inside. She chuckled and pushed him to walk in. Her brother threw her a look before focusing to take care the rest customers.

Yeri leaned on the wall, opening the lock with her secret number to see notification from anonymous phone number. She frowned and felt curious. She wanted to call the number back, but her heart told her not to. Her brothers never stopped to warn her about how dangerous the stranger outside could be, so she just erased the notif and decided to work again.

It didn’t last long before her phone suddenly made a buzz inside her pocket. Her brother elbowed her, showing the gesture that she could pick the phone up. The customers had died down for a while. They had plenty of time to prepare another exploding consumers in the lunch time. Yeri’s brother started wiping the table one by one. The other brother tried to calculate their income. While her step-brother didn’t stop complaining about his new seatmate who didn’t even touch their project for next week.

“Hello? Yeri speaks here,” Yeri said first, taking the clean cloth nearby, ready to help her brother to wipe the table.

“Stop cleaning, you will get tired,”  her brother muttered as she passed him. She just put her index finger on her lips and continued to wipe the unwiped table.

“Just ignore her hyung, she is as stubborn as you, remember?” the youngest brother spoke, counting the money with his fingers, very fast that he looked like a money machine. He put his saliva on his thumb and back to count.

“Eww... our money is full of your germ,”

“Shut up hyung,”

Yeri rolled her eyes, forgeting about the phone. She wiped the table carefully and surprised to hear the voice from her phone. She stopped cleaning, concentrating herself to her phone. The voice was broken off. “Aww, be quiet guys, I can’t hear,” she uttered as walked to the front door. She knew that well her brothers wouldn’t ever end their bicker soon.

“Y-yes?” Yeri frowned, trying to hear what the other says.

“Tsk, don’t you recognize my voice?” Yeri blinked. She went silent for a while, doubting herself whether she heard it right or not. She could hear the other chuckled through the phone. It made her pull the phone and stared at it. The number, she tried to recall that if she had seen the number somewhere, but her mind didn’t tell her anything except how empty her mind that time. She put her phone on her ears again.

“Long time no see Yerim,”

Yerim. It hit her like a lightning. Nobody ever called her that name after such a long time. Her brothers always call her by Yeri, so everyone knows her as Yeri too. The one and only person liked to call her by that was him, but that was impossible. They had separated for almost five years without any contact. They never saw each other after that cruel closure. Yeri was angry at him, but she didn’t have that feeling anymore. Sometimes, she would suddenly miss him. But, Yeri never had a thought she will meet him again. Her life wasn’t like a drama. He wouldn’t just pop ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter