I.

Clavicles and Spilled Ink

It was halfway into a wintry Sunday and Momo groaned as she struggled up the staircase to her new place under the weight of, , she didn't even know, clothes and stuffed toys? The fateful day she decides to move in, the damn lift decides to be under maintenance.

Talk about terrible coincidences. Four more steps and then she'd be on her landing - thank god it was only the third floor and not the sixth - and then she could dump that crap in the living room before plopping on her bed. (Sana ensured it was fully furnished)

Momo scratches her eyebrow thoughtfully as she wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand. The heater was certainly on full force, being able to make her perspire in winter. Remembering how Sana excitedly offered her a room at her place (more like implored/begged her to come and stay, but after 10 years of friendship, it’s basically one and the same), and with needing a new place to stay, the offer was a lifesaver. Anyway, it was her best friend, and it was just about becoming house mates with her. What could possibly go wrong?


Wrong. What Sana didn’t mention was that she had a goddess of housemate, which was currently sitting with her legs stretched out on the couch, reading. Her shoulder length bayalage hair was let down naturally and her light makeup was on point. Like, holy . Momo could barely be bothered to put lip balm on in the winter - she bit her lip again at the thought (bad habit or not) and gnawed at the cracks of dry skin there - but she (her lips) looked so good. The said girl looks up in interest at a certain intruder that has arrived with luggage in tow. A neon pink luggage, for goodness sake, Momo suddenly feels self-conscious under the intense gaze of the girl and at 5 foot 5, she felt puny.

 

Momo manages to take a closer look at the brunette before onyx orbs meets her warm, chocolate ones. The girl was definitely smaller than her, wearing a simple plaid flannel over a black Fall Out Boy band shirt with boxer shorts, but still being able to look effortlessly beautiful (how does one do that, it should be illegal). Closing the door gently behind her back with a soft click, Momo decides to make the first move.

 

“Hey. I’m Momo. You are?” Momo walks towards the couch and stretches out a hand to offer a handshake.

 

“Mina, but what are you doing in my house and why do you have the keys?” The goddess asked with the quirk of an eyebrow, putting down her book and folding her arms in what seemed to Momo as displeasure and a bit of confusion. Feeling slightly butthurt, Momo accepted the rejection and quickly shoved her clammy hands in her pockets.

 

“Uh, I’m your new housemate?” Momo looks at Mina like she’s grown two heads.



It then occurred to the both of them that Sana (sweet forgetful Sana) might have left out some important details, one being, this wasn’t her apartment (it was in fact Mina’s), second being, she had not mentioned that Momo’s was moving in on the day she went road tripping with her colleagues (Well, she had to, since the adorable intern Dahyun was)
 


“What the hell, Sana? Your best friend’s moving in today and you’ve not mentioned a peep to me?” Mina whisper yells over the phone.
 


“Oh, I’m sorry darling, it totes slipped my mind! She’s from Kyoto by the way, so we’re all from Kansai. Ain’t that nice. Can you put me on speaker by the way?” Mina shuffles over to Momo and holds out the phone between them.
 


“Hellooo the two most beautiful women in my life other than Dahyunnie!” This earned an eye roll from the two. “Momo babe, I’m sorry that I forgot to inform Mina here that you’re coming over, but hey at least now you’ve met each other, bond alright! Don’t do things I wouldn’t, like sleep with each other on the first night! Although I make exceptions. Hahaha!” Blushing furiously, the two friends groaned in disbelief. Only Sana could say something as embarrassing as that. Period.
 


Mina murmurs a quick goodbye to Sana before turning her attention to Momo, whose numerous luggage and bags were in need of moving. Without muttering a word, she lifts up Momo’s luggage (she wonders why Momo looked like she had such a hard time moving it when it was as light as a feather) and walks towards the guest room. Warm fingers curled round her wrist made her turn around, stopping her midway.

 

“It’s okay, I don’t want to trouble you Mina, I’ll take it from here. Sorry for the intrusion by the way, Sana... ugh I’m just really sorry.” Momo scratches the back of head in annoyance, auburn bangs covering a bit of her eyes in the process. She finds herself unable to look at Mina in the eyes, for the fear of being pulled in.


Cute. Too cute. Now Mina feels bad for not accepting warm hands earlier. She gently pulls out of the older girl’s grasp and gave her a tiny smile, before silently helps to move her stuff. It was her way of making amends, she just wasn’t good with words. Meanwhile, Momo stood in the living room ogling her arms. The slight curl of her bicep when she lifted the box, damn, Who knew that Momo was attracted to forearms? Not Momo. Not until that moment where she was pretty sure she forgot how to breathe as she saw Mina roll up her flannel sleeves to carry her items into her room.

 

Slapping herself back to reality, Momo follows Mina into the bedroom, and finally sees her home for next couple of years. It was simple, but to Momo, it was heaven since her body craved sleep. After enduring a direct flight from Korea and a 14 hour shift at the hospital, she was definitely ready to crash and burn. Walking past Mina, Momo went into a straight trajectory for the bed, not before catching a whiff of jasmine.

 

“Would you like dinner, Momo?” A small soft voice asked, sounding almost dreamlike. Momo wasn’t sure if she’d responded, the feeling of soft pillows and duvet engulfing her and sleep calling out to her like a siren. The last thing she could remember, was the smell of jasmines and a tiny but memorable smile from a certain girl she just met.

 

Receiving soft snores for an answer, Mina found the girl already too far into slumber land to respond. Chuckling lightly, she grabs the spare blanket from the cupboard and covers the sleeping brunette. Before she could leave, familiar fingers wrap around her wrist once again.

 

“Cold. Stay.” Was all Momo made out. Mina found her cheeks feeling warm, something that she hasn’t felt in a long time. Oddly, she complied, laying a respectable distance next to Momo. Being this close allowed Mina to properly look at her new housemate.

 

She was definitely cute, with soft pillowing pink lips that seemed to be pouting as she slept. The steady breaths of Momo somehow compelled her to be closer. She reaches out hesitantly moving Momo's hair away from her eyes. So soft. When Momo doesn't flinch, she moves even closer, turning the gesture into a decidedly intimate caress along Momo's cheek, then her jaw. Her mind was going into overdrive and she didn’t manage to stop herself from being borderline creepy. (Well, they only knew each other for probably 25 mins)

 

Momo seemed to be slightly stirred from her sleep, making Mina’s hands whip back faster than she could blink. Blimey, I almost got caught. What really surprised her was when Momo lifted an arm and wrapped it around Mina’s waist to pull her just a tad closer.


Mina was sure her heartrate was accelerating at an unhealthy rate. She should have pulled away from Momo. She should have left the bed. She should have left the room and prepare dinner. There were many should haves, but should haves always stayed as should haves. Mina finds herself drifting off as well, dreaming of remnants of a beautiful girl she just met, and probably the smell of peaches.

A/N: Thanks for reading, should I have a sequel? Comment below and let me know! :) Merry Christmas to all and Hanukkah Sameach to Jewish friends!!