How It All Started

Love At First Bump

It was just another lazy day for Yoongi at the studio, just a few songs to review, a bit of cleaning to do and a potential meeting with his boss, Namjoon was all he had to worry about for the day. He wasn’t really the type to worry in general, for him, life was like a river, he would just go with it and figure it out somehow later, but lately he wasn’t really feeling that well for some odd reason. He did go to the doctor for his regular check-up and everything seemed to be fine expect for his weight which was always on the low side anyway, but there was something wrong, something that he couldn’t really pinpoint at all and it only made his head hurt more. He decided to just shrug it off for the moment and get on with his duties for the day, but before that he wanted to check his social media for some reason since he usually doesn’t care much about it.

Yoongi took his phone out of his pocket and went on Instagram to see what’s going on in the world,however he’d come to regret it as soon as he saw the following post of his best friend, Jin, getting engaged to his lover, and Yoongi’s boss, Namjoon . He could only sigh at the post, although he was happy for his best friend, he felt really bad for himself. Everywhere he looks there is either a new couple or an older one getting engaged and there he was, alone as if he had some sort of disease or a “MUST AVOID !“ sign on his forehead. Although it was always like this, the older he got, the more he wanted to date and go stable with someone, but the universe liked to laugh at him too much to let him have his wish so he would suffer everytime he was reminded that he was just not desired .

After realizing checking social media was probably the worst idea he had for the day a knock could be heard on his door and since he wasn’t really expecting anyone he started wondering who it could be. Yoongi goes lazily to the door and opens it only to find his best friend, Jin, in front of it all bubbly and smiley. “ Hey, Yoongs!” says Jin while passing by his friend and jumping on the sofa “ So, did you see? Namjoon and I got engaged!”.

Yoongi just wanted to throw up now, not only wasn’t he in the mood for this, but Jin also used that one perfume he could not stand, however since it was Namjoon’s favorite he would wear it every single day. “Yeah, I just did” says Yoongi trying to hide his frown and I’m-about-to-puke face “First of all, Congrats! Second of all, damn you! Now I am literally the only one who doesn’t have a boyfriend .” Jin could only laugh at how annoyed Yoongi has gotten in 10 seconds so he, as the good friend he is, decided to put more salt on his wound for the fun “ Well, technically, I was dating Namjoon for 2 years already so I guess you’ve had that title for quite some time now!”

They both ended up laughing at the incredible rekt that was served on a silver plate to the shorter male, but then Jin regret doing that. Yoongi just looked down, sighing his lungs out, and he realized he shouldn’t have reminded him about the whole single matter. The taller man was usually careful regarding that subject with Yoongi, since his friend had the luck of a person who was struck by lightning 3 times in a row in regards to love, but somehow he couldn’t control it today. “I’m sorry Yoongie, It wasn’t my intention to... you know” Yoongi knew Jin wouldn’t have done that on purpose to hurt him, in fact, Jin was always there for him when he just couldn’t bear with it anymore so he’d just vent on how everything is so unfair for him in regards to this subject.

They ended up talking about the whole thing with the engagement and how Namjoon almost threw the proposal ring into the trash can, because he was too nervous for his own good.Time went by fast and before you knew it, it was already 8 PM, Jin had to go and pick up Namjoon so they could go to his mother’s house and announce the big news while Yoongi had to go back to his apartment to, hopefully, take a shower and get some sleep. The walk home wasn’t something special, it never was, just a bunch of people on a busy street, noisy cars honking as if it was a parade or something and him walking alone with his headphones on.

After a 30 minutes walk, he was in front of his apartment building, but Yoongi was greeted with a rather unpleasant surprise, someone was moving in.He wasn’t totally against people moving in , that’s far from it, but he just wanted to sleep and forget about love and dating, however, he knew better how these people do their work and it was not safe for sleep. He groaned and kept walking only to bump into a rather tall guy, which made him lose his balance and fall to the ground. “Damn” he cursed under his breath and tried to pick himself up, only to see the handsomest guy that has ever walked on Earth. He wasn’t really as tall as he thought but sure wasn’t short, which is a big plus in Yoongi’s mind, his brown hair was ruffled up in a messy style and he had the most perfect eyes the world has ever seen.

“I’m really sorry, I didn’t see you!” the man’s words snapped Yoongi out of his trance only to meet the stranger’s hand with his gaze, that was waiting for him to take it and push himself up. It took him a few seconds to realise what has happened and where he actually was, but he knew one thing for sure, it must be love at first sight, or infatuation at first sight, or whatever it was Yoongi just knew he liked the guy. “It’s okay, it’s my fault too, I wasn’t really paying attention to begin with.” The gorgeous man gave him the cutest and most genuine smile he has ever seen and took his hand to get back on his feet, feeling his face heating up . “By the way, I am Hoseok,Jung Hoseok. I just moved here a few hours ago.” Jackpot! So this day wasn’t as bad as he thought it was, the new neighbor is the most handsome guy on earth and Yoongi couldn’t be happier, although he had to keep his cool. “ I’m Yoongi, Min Yoongi, but my friends usually call me Suga “ Again, Hoseok gave the shorter guy another killer smile and Yoongi just wanted to run straight to his apartment and call himself. “Well, it was really nice meeting you, but I have to go and help the guys with everything, I guess I will be seeing you around?” he smirked at the poor overwhelmed Suga and his feet towards the van full of things “Yeah, I guess I will be seeing you around.” And so the day end with Yoongi trying to hold in his excitement of seeing Hoseok again, tomorrow.