Kisses solve everything

Kisses solve everything

Prince Namjoon crept closer to the bed. The room was large, mostly empty space with all but one of the pieces furniture in the room around the edges. In place of anything else, the four poster bed dominated the room, and even if it hadn't, Namjoon would have been entirely focussed on it anyway.

It was ornate, wreathed with gilded flowers that wound their way up the posts, contrasting with the dark wood of the frame. It was clearly the choice of someone with particular taste, matching with the other furniture in the room and catching Namjoon's attention more than he might have liked.

Gossamer curtains draped from the top of the bed frame, tantalisingly hiding the occupant within. That was Namjoon's target, his sole purpose for being here.

It was soft to the touch as he pushed it aside, revealing the figure lying in the bed itself. Fortunately he hadn't woken up as Namjoon had made his way across the room, and Namjoon took a moment to take a look at his sleeping face. He was unbelievably handsome, the classic good looks one might expect from a Prince.

This was it.

This was the deciding moment.

Leaning down, Namjoon cupped the other man's face gently and pressed a soft kiss on his lips.

It took a moment for the sleeping man to wake up and react.

“Kim Namjoon!” Namjoon was shoved away from the bed. “For 's sake, do you have to try this every morning?” Namjoon giggled a little at his husband's rage, even as each word was punctuated with a slap to his arm. “It's been five years Joon! Can you not?”

Namjoon shrugged. “I dunno, it's fun?” he sat on the side of the bed now that he was no longer being slapped. “Besides,” he continued, smiling softly. “It was the best day of my life, why wouldn't I want to recreate that?”

Seokjin paused in his glaring at Namjoon. “It still doesn't need to be every morning though,” he complained, less fake-angry this time.

Namjoon was sure that he could have come up with a good reason – which probably would have been 'romance' – but then the door to the room behind them opened.

They both turned to see who it was, and two small blurs shot their way across the room and landed on the bed beside them. One of the two small children that the blurs turned out to be began to bounce on the bed excitedly, and was join in with by Seokjin.

The other child, the smaller one, snuggled back into Namjoon. “What were you and Papa shouting about, daddy?” He asked, yawning.

Namjoon pulled him closer, watching as the other two began to wear themselves out a little. “Daddy was just being silly,” Namjoon told his son, kissing the top of his head. “And you know how Papa gets.”

His son nodded sagely. “The other day I heard him shouting because the wind messed up his hair.”

Namjoon took a second to take this in, and then burst out laughing. That sounded like Seokjin alright. Ever the epitome of a dramatic royal.

He gazed fondly over his little family. His big family, the rest of the castle and the rest of the kingdom, waited for him beyond the door to this room. Much as he enjoyed being a prince, he also wished that he could spend all his time right here, in moments like these.

**

The sound of Namjoon hitting his leg against the bed frame was much louder than he would have wanted. He winced, partially from the loud thunk that could have woken the dead and partially from the pain that was now radiating up his shin.

Nevertheless he leaned over – maybe he'd be able to get a kiss in before Seokjin woke up?

Just as his head was right in front of Seokjin's, he nearly had a heart attack when he felt a slap to his cheek move his head away.

“ off,” Seokjin mumbled, and without opening his eyes once he rolled away from Namjoon.

Namjoon was in shock a little – that wasn't meant to be how this morning would go. Not that it was entirely surprising though, Seokjin had a range of reactions to Namjoon's attempts to kiss him awake.

Just because it had worked the first time (against Namjoon's expectations) didn't mean that Seokjin would always be receptive to it.

Oh well. He had the rest of their lives to try again.