Hot choco

Hot choco

"Did you notice that those girls by the entrance are always visiting our cafe?" asks the taller male. The shorter male glances over the area. "Uhm, no. I don't." He replies as he goes back to preparing hot choco for some customer. He's lying. It was hard not to hear the giggles that would echo across the whole cafe everytime they visit.

 

"Well I do. And I think they even have a crush on you, Kyungsoo," the taller male says with a smirk. "Why would they even have a crush on me?" Kyungsoo asks with a confused tone. "If anything, they're crushing over you, Jongin and not me," he adds. 

 

"What kind of question is that? Anyone will fall for those eyes of yours and of course your heart-shaped lips are to die for!" Jongin exclaims.

 

Jongin is right, Kyungsoo thinks. In fact, those lips of him are the reason why Jongin fell for him way back when they were still in College. 

 

The two of them went to the same University and took up the same course, Business Management. Kyungsoo recalls he and Jongin were paired for one of their major subjects and everything started from there. 

 

Jongin confessed his feelings for him by the end of freshmen year and he swears he was the happiest person on earth on that day. They casually dated during sophomore year but Kyungsoo only said yes to be Jongin's boyfriend during their last year in college. 

 

"Here, serve this hot choco to the girl on that table," the older orders. He was sure he heard Jongin grunt but the other does it either way.

 

You see, Jongin is really soft for Kyungsoo. He made a promise to always make his husband happy because he likes seeing those heart-shaped lips.

 

He even clearly remembers the time Kyungsoo asked him if it would be okay if they started their own cafe. Horrified was an understatement of what he felt hearing the question. For starters, he doesn't even drink coffee. Second, they don't even know the essentials of making coffee.

 

Eventually Jongin gave in and they both took coffee making lessons during their free time. He even took multiple part time jobs just to earn extra money for their cafe. It was tiring all right. But he never once complained. For Kyungsoo, anything.

 

Kyungsoo observes as Jongin sets the hot choco at the table. A small smile formed on his lips when he saw how the girls looked at Jongin with admiration. "Sorry girls," he says to himself, "he's mine."

 

A few more seconds and he sees Jongin engaging in a conversation with the group of girls. He couldn't figure out what they were talking about so he just lets it be and his attention is now with the customer who was apparently been calling his attention for five times already.

 

The day continues to drag on and before they even notice it, it was time to close the store.

 

"Do you think we should tell them that we're a married couple?" Jongin asks while he's busy cleaning the tables. "Maybe some other time. Why'd you ask?" Kyungsoo is by the sink washing the last few cups used for the day. 

 

"Nothing really. I just noticed that you get a little awkward when they're around."

 

"You know me, I'm not used to attention, especially when it's from girls," Kyungsoo blushes.

 

"Stop lying to me, Soo." Jongin is finally done cleaning all the tables. "Tell me the real reason why you don't want to tell them."

 

"Fine," Kyungsoo sighs. "If they knew we were married, they might stop coming to our cafe which means we'll earn less than the usual," Kyungsoo tells him shyly.

 

Jongin was speechless. He was thinking if he should confess to Kyungsoo that he already told the group of girls earlier that they're already married. He decides to tell him some other time. 

 

If they don't comeback tomorrow then Kyungsoo might take a hint that they already know. He's a smart person after all.

 

"We've had this cafe for almost a year now and trust me if they stop coming here we won't lose that much." Jongin assures him.

 

"I know that," Kyungsoo answers. "But we need all the extra profit so we can feed all five of our dogs!"

 

Jongin couldn't help but release a loud laugh. Kyungsoo was right though, their dogs are like humans when it comes to their appetite. 

 

"Fine fine," he says as he goes to where Kyungsoo is standing to plant a kiss on the other's forehead. "You're so cute when you talk about our dogs."

 

Kyungsoo blushes. "They are our babies after all. Now let's hurry up and close the store already! They're waiting for us back at home."