Love is...

What is love?
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Love is-

Everyone who knew Seulgi would be sure about three things. The fact that she isn't big on physical contact, loves Pringles and loves sleeping. But why does it feel like Seulgi was an entire other different person with Irene? Ever since young, Pringles has always been her favourite snack and she wouldn't mind eating it for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Despite having a huge cupboard at home, housing nothing but Pringles, she doesn't share. You could be starving to death and she would still protect those chips with her life. As experienced firsthanded by Joy. Having skipped both breakfast and lunch due to not completing her project due that day, the chicken loving girl was starving, yet no matter how she begged, the mono-lidded girl wouldn't budge. 

"Unnie~ come on, just give me like, three pieces." She whined and pleaded, yet Seulgi just continued munching on the chips, acting as if she didnt hear anything. The two we huddled together on the couch and with each whine, Seulgi just curled into the couch more as an attempt to get away from Joy. Hearing the front door click open, she looked up to see both Yeri and Irene come in with takeout in their hands. "MY SAVIOURS! IS THAT FOR ME?!" she questioned, jumping up and running towards the two,already excited at the new prospect of food. After receiving confirmation, she shot a dirty glare at Seulgi, who was making grabby hands at Irene. "Thanks guys, I was so god damn close to death because of a SELFISH LITTLE ." she scowled. She had continued to observe the two on the couch while eating, and seeing how Seulgi offered Irene the chips all the while beaming, made her roll her eyes. She had expected for Seulgi to continue eating after Irene rejected the offer, but almost choked on the chicken she had in when Seulgi had abandoned the can on the floor and bolted to the toilet to wash her hands. Only to throw herself on top of Irene. She saw how Seulgi had snuggled right up to Irene with her nose nuzzling Irene's neck, how she had practically melted into the embrace of the older girl. Seeing that was like a double shock to her, and she was thankful that her eye sockets hasn't popped out yet. She tried to recall when Seulgi would let them so much as hug her, but the search had beared no results. She had brushed it off when Seulgi had invited Irene to their weekly movie marathons after knowing each other for three weeks. She knew it takes at least half a year for her to warm up at anyone, yet here she was, bearing witness to one of the diabetic inducing scenes she has ever seen. Before she could analyze any further, her vision was suddenly blocked and she could feel a succulent pair of lips on hers.

"Hey, pay attention to me." The younger girl pouted. She flashed an dazzling smile at Yeri before leaning in to plant a chaste kiss on her lips again. It wasn't until the next morning when she realised how different Seulgi was acting again. The five of them, including Wendy often have sleepovers and movie marathons at Seulgi's house, with the recent addition of Irene two weeks ago and it was almost routine for them to wake up on the floor or on the couch. It wasn't any different that day. She woke up to the smell of breakfast and saw Wendy and Irene already cooking for them, Yeri was still pressed on to her side, deep in sleep and the rhythmic beatings of her heart had always relaxed Joy. Now, Joy may be hungry but she also prided herself in being a good girlfriend, so she tightened her arms around the younger girl and let her sleep abit more, at least until breakfast was ready. When it was finally ready, she had left light kisses around Yeri's face and watched fondly as her hands come up to rub at her eyes like a little kid would. When she sat up, she could see Irene making her way towards a sleeping figure on the other couch. Seulgi was known as someone who would take years of coaxing and pleading to wake up, and when she did, she would snap at virtually everyone. Joy remembers one time where the pan was on fire and the older girl still refused to wake up, telling her to 'solve your god damn problems'. Wendy was usually the person who woke her up and more often than not, she wakes up to Seulgi and Wendy yelling at each other. Joy was ready to comfort Irene later, what she didn't expect was for Seulgi to open her eyes at the voice of Irene and beamed an award winning smile before promptly pulling Irene on top of her and latching herself onto the older girl. 

"Hey, Seul wake up, breakfast's ready." She heard Irene coaxing.

"Five minutes." Joy was surprised she could catch Seulgi mumbling into Irene's shirt. Irene was now cuddling with Seulgi, a fond smile on her face as she runs her fingers through soft and velvety chocolate coloured hair. Both Yeri and Wendy were busy with breakfast, not sparing a single glance in the direction of the couch. Feeling like she intruded on something, she looked away. She'll let them have their moment she thinks. She gives them fifteen minutes before looking back at the couch to check on them, easily slipping into conversation with Yeri and Wendy about which dog breed was the best. She finds the both of them already awake, playing a game on the younger girl's phone.

when the things that she usually hate becomes ok.

Love is when the things that she usually hate becomes ok, because anything other than you doesn't matter.

 

Love is-

It didn't really come as a surprise to the rest of the school when the school's sweetheart and head cheerleader, Irene and the star of the award winning dance team, Seulgi got together. Both were extremely talented, intelligent and came from wealthy families, coupled with their natural beauty, it's no wonder why both boys and girls would fall at their feet. Yet, no matter who confessed their undying love for them, they were rejected with no hesitation. Be it Oh Sehun, the heir to one of the biggest fashion companies in Korea and captain of the basketball team, or Son Naeun, the genius of their year and also a amateur model. The two were never seen expressing any sort of romantic interest in others, but are always seen together, with or without their friends. As if they only had eyes for each other from the very beginning. Even after announcing that they were together, there wasn't really any difference with how they acted, only that they were touchier and there were way more PDA than before. However, even with the PDA, there were still people who sought to be their other halves. One such person was Taeyong. 

"Hey, Seulgi sunbae, would you mind teaching me the routine to 'Manolo?' I'm having some difficulties with it." His hand coming up to rub at his neck and eyes darting everywhere. She had half a mind to reject it, she wanted to spend more time with her girlfriend and he could easily ask another senior like Momo to teach him. However, the showcase was two days away and she has always been a perfectionist, what better way to make sure it's perfect than to supervise it yourself? She shot a quick text to the older girl, telling her what had happened and to meet at the dance studio instead. She then her heels and gestured for the boy to follow her as they make their way to the studio in silence, missing how the way the boy's face lit up. With her eyes trained on her phone, texting Irene, she didn't realise they had reached their destination.

"Sunbae, can we talk? I have something to tell you." as she looked up and pocketed her phone, they were already inside the studio with her back towards the door. The boy looked nervous, yet determined, which was alarming because she had never seen him with such an expression, he was always goofy and easy to talk to with a eating grin on his face 24/7. Sensing how serious he was, she stood straighter and then made a motion for him to continue. Taking a few deep breaths, he forced himself to be calm before saying, "I don't know if you knew, but I've always liked you, even before you and-" he paused, a grimace contorting his face, "Irene Bae got together. Please give me a chance, I know I can do better than her." At that point, Seulgi was already beyond mad. Who was he to tell her what to do? Who was he to talk about them like that? Who was he to judge and disrespect Irene?

Who was he to say that Joohyun, her Joohyun, wasn't good enough.

He was looking at her with a hopeful stare, as if he had a chance from

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter