Chapter 3

Over it (Over you?)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jennie glanced out her office window for the tenth time in the past few minutes. She leaned back in her leather chair and placed her hands one over the other on top of her belly. She closed her eyes and groaned in frustration.

 

Everytime she sketched something new for her project she would end up erasing it after shaking her head at how stupid the idea looked. She was in a rut.

 

Stupid smile

 

Jennie sighed as the image of a smiling red head flashed in her mind's eye. After her encounter with Kim Jisoo at Taeyeon's cafe, Jennie hadn't been ablw to stop thinking about the curve of her lips, the crinking of her nose, the joy in her eyes...

 

It's been a week.

 

Jennie had been trying in vain for an entire week to see if she could see the stranger again. Her morning coffee time had changed every day for the past week in hopes of seeing the girl again. Everytime she came in at a different time, Taeyeon would give her a weird look before passing Jennie her usual.

 

Jennie was a punctual person by nature. She was also a creature of habit. It was unusual for her to deviate from her usual morning routine, it was downright super natural that she had done so seven times in the past week.

 

Oh screw it

 

Jennie sighed and sat up in her chair. She grabbed her keys from inside her desk drawer and walked out of her office.

 

"I'll be going for a little walk." Jennie said to her receptionist who nodded back at her. "Of course Ms. Kim, I will hold all calls until you're back."

 

Jennie grunted in reply. She would have normally thanked her receptionist and given her a time frame to expect her back. But today wasn't a normal day. Nomrally, Jennie wouldn't have had problems coming up with new architechtural ideas for her new project, normally she wouldn't have been thinking about a certain red head's smile, normally she wouldn't have even left her office in the first place. No, today was not a normal day.

 

Jennie exited her company's building, letting her feet determine her destination.

 

Jennie soon lost track of time and only realized how long she had been out when she stumbled her way into an unknown part of town.

 

Jennie glanced at her watch and cursed under her breath when she realized she had been out for three hours.

 

No use going back to the office now 

 

Jennie pulled her phone from her pocket and made a quick phone call back to the office. Perks of being the boss: not having to work when you don't want to.

 

Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter