Final

I Miss You

"How often do I have to tell you that you shouldn't take off your jacket" 
The 6 year old just whined and huffed when I zipped his jacket, which was obviously a tad to big for him, up until his nose.

"It's getting colder day by day. Do you want to get sick?" I looked at the small boy who just pouted. It's funny how much he resembles his father.

"No, I don't..." His words were muffled by the jacket and the scarf which is also around his neck. I smiled and put my forehead against his.

"But you would take care of me anyway." He grinned cheekily and even wiggled his eyebrow which made me laugh out loud. He is also a tiny flirt just like his father. 

"Ok. Stop Flirting. You're too young for that. You shouldn't even know how that works." His father pulled him slightly away from me. 

"But Daddy! You do it with mommy every time." 
"That's different. Also didn't you want to built a sandcastle?" 
"Yes!" The young boy cheered and immediately ran away building a sandcastle.

I couldn't help myself and grinned.
"No need to be jealous."
"Jealous?Pff.I am not jealous." He crossed his arms and looked away.

"You're unbelievable." I laughed.
"Yeah maybe." He sat down on the bench, leaning back. He looked up to me and put his hand next to him, pointing that I should sit, too, which I did.

"It's been a long time since we've came here together." He said.

I leaned back and eyed the little boy playing. It's definitely been a long time since they've come here together. No wonder the weather was bad most of the times. Daniel was busy with work. I had my own work to do.My family also called me back home because of problems.We hadn't any time for us together and it hurts. I missed him. I missed both of them. The time we had spent together. I miss them.But I knew that we just got through a hard time and I am glad we both got through it. 

"Yes, it has."

I noticed how Daniel was fidging around and he played with his hands nervously. Then he stopped suddenly and looked at me seriously.
"Seongwoo...look I am sorry-" 

"No, Daniel." I stopped him immediately because I know where this was going.
"It's okay. Really. I just want to enjoy this time. Together." 

He bit his lips and then took my hand in his warm ones. It is funny how his body is warm all the time but mine is just the opposite. But I liked it, because he is the one who always warms me up. He started to the top of my hand with his thumb and looked me in the eyes. I couldn't resist to look away.

Gosh it has been too long. Too Long, since I've looked into these eyes again. These eyes that show so many emotions at once. I could read every single one of them. And it hurts. But it hurts even more to say that everything is alright. 

"I missed you." The words came out as a whisper. 

"I missed you, too" It was hard for me to say it because the emotions just overwhelmed me at that moment. The feelings were so overwhelmig, I got tears in my eyes. I tried to pull my hand away to wipe the tears away but Daniel's hold became stronger. He was still staring into my eyes but I couldn't do this anymore. I lowered my head a bit. "Ah...don't..I hate...ugh" I couldn't even say a full sentence. The tears were falling down but Daniel was fast enough to wipe them away before they fell down from my face. He softly caressed my cheek and I just closed my eyes. It really has been too long. 

"I miss you." I said again but this time it was so quiet. I wasn't even sure if I really said it or if my mind was just speaking loudly.

"I know." He paused. "I am so sorry."

This time I felt soft lips against mine. It was just a feather light kiss but the feeling behind it was more than that.

"Don't cry. You look ugly when you're crying." In his calm voice was a hint of playfullness. I couldn't help and let a small giggle out.

"Oh I am sooo sorry that I can't look as pretty as the girls on tv while they are fake-crying."

"Even if it's fake, they look pretty so..."

"Idiot." I huffed and slapped his shoulder.

Daniel just grinned and my hand again. His bunny teeth showing. Eyes just disappearing. And small crinkles showing up around his eyes. Even his goofy grin and laugh still can make my heart beat faster after all those years. It's unbelievable. 
 
This is the face I've fallen for.
This is the man I've fallen for.
This is the one I've fallen for.

I love him.

 


But...


"Mommy!!!" 
The little boy yelled excitingly.

There was always one thing that disturbed me the most.

A laugh could be heard not too far away from us.

And it still disturbs me.

"I am here finally." The young woman crouched down and took the boy in her arms. 

The ring on daniel's finger.

She hugged the little boy and laughed.

The feeling of the ring everytime he takes my hands in his.

She let the boy go and listened to the boy talking.

It was piercing my hand everytime it touches me.

The six year old pointed at us with a big smile.

Maybe it was piercing my heart,too.

Daniel let go of me and stood up. 

The piercing hurts my heart.

Her face bright up when Daniel went over to them and hugged her 

The piercing hurts me.

He let go of her, saying a few things while pointing at me. She smiled again and waved.

The piercing hurts.

I gave a weak smile and waved back at her awkwardly.

It hurts.

She turned to daniel again and gave him a kiss on the lips while I sit on the bench alone and watch them being a "happy" family with their son.

 

It hurts.