Part Three.

Rosy Cheeks

PART THREE


You yawn rolling over in bed to see the bright Christmas sun beaming through the crack between your bedroom curtains. You look to the clock sitting on your dresser, checking the time. Perfect.
You roll yourself out of bed, quickly changing out of your pajama shirt and into a hoodie. You leave your pajama pants on and go to the washroom to brush through your hair and toss it into a messy but curly ponytail.
Yesterday was Christmas eve, you spent the evening celebrating with your family, and today you were to do the same, but, not until later. So you might as well go through with the idea you thought of last night.
You retrive the wrapped gift for Daniel off your dresser and run to put your boots on at the front door. You skip out the door just in time for the taxi you called to arrive. You told your family you weren’t going to be home in the morning and they were completely okay with that.


After a short ten minute car ride, you arrive at his apartment building. You pay the driver and thank him, wishing him a merry Christmas you hurry into the apartment building with the gift in hand.
You impatiently wait for the elevator, finally coming and finally arriving on floor number three. Excitedly you skip down the hallway to the correct home. Entering the password you remember into the keypad the door unlocks. You enter and look around the naturally lit apartment.
It’s Daniel and his friend’s apartment, only Daniel is home and since he isn’t around, he must be asleep.
You place his gift under the small Christmas tree and walk to the kitchen. You pull out a clear plastic bag of cookies you baked yesterday morning and make two cups of tea, one for you and one for him perfectly how you each like.
Looking at the small but thoughtful Christmas morning breakfast you smile.
You slide your feet over the hardwood floors, trying to be as quiet as possible. Slowly you open his bedroom door.
He lays in bed still sound asleep. He’s so cute when he sleeps. His legs are curled up and his hands are rested in clap beneath his pillow. His feet aren’t under the blanket as that same blanket is pulled up covering half of his face.
You smile brightly. “Daniel” you speak quietly.
You walk up to him, placing a hand to his shoulder.
“Daniel” you speak louder. He inhales deeply and rolls onto his back.
“Good morning” you bid sweetly. He stretches his arms up above his head and blinks a few times.
He scoffs a chuckle and looks at you. “Good morning” he speaks through a yawn, rubbing his eyes like a small child.
“Merry Christmas”
His eyes widen at your words. “It is Christmas”
“Yes, it is” you giggle as his sleepiness.
“Merry Christmas, but what are you doing here” he sits up.
“It doesn't matter, just common” you smile mischievously.
He stretches and yawn once more. He stands revealing his bare abdomen accompanied by a pair of blue plaid pajama pants.
“Can I put a shirt on?” he asks innocently, running a hand through his hair.
“No” you shake your head grabbing his hand.
It’s not that you want him to be half , although it isn’t much of a pain to your eyes, but it’s because you’re too excited about breakfast and giving him his gift.
You take his hand in yours and drag him out of his room. You stop in the kitchen.
“Ta dah~” you present the simple cookies and tea. He chuckles.
“It’s not much of a breakfast, but it’s Christmas morning” you smile.
“You’re too sweet” he smiles genuinely at you.
“Why are you here?” he picks up the tea that’s evidently his.
“I just don’t think anybody should spend Christmas alone” you smile with your lips. “I’ll be busy later, but I’d rather spend just the morning with you than have you be alone and to not see you at all”
“Thank you” he smiles, putting down his tea and pulling you into a hug. You hug him back, not wanting to let go.


The two of you each eat a cookie and drink your tea.
“Oh-” you put your near empty mug down. He raises a questioning eyebrow. You grab the mug out of his hand and set it down before immediately grabbing his hands in yours. You pull him out of the kitchen and into the living room where one simply wrapped gift sits under the tree.
“You didn’t-”
“Oh, but I did” you smile sitting crossed legged on the floor. He follows your actions and you hand him the gift.
He looks at the present and shakes his head.
“Merry Christmas” you can tell he’s shocked and wasn’t expecting you to do anything for him.
He begins unwrapping the gift, stopping half way he looks up at you. “You’re crazy” he states, removing the paper from the sweater.
“You’re absolutely crazy” he states in even more shock. You had purchased the one sweater you know he wanted. He would have never bought it for himself because of the price, but you knew how much he liked it. So it makes a good gift.
“Do you like it?” you hold back your giggles.
“You’re crazy! Of course, thank you~” you puts the sweater down and pulls you into a seated hug. “You’re insane, but thank you”
He pulls away from your hug and picks up the sweater again.
“Hopefully it fits” you state.
“Let’s see- am I allowed to put a shirt on now?” he teases you. You nod and watch him slide the sweater on over his bare upper body.
“It looks great on” you compliment. Honestly, he looks beyond handsome with the way the sweater falls over him.
“Thank you, really, I can’t thank you enough” he smiles. He looks so handsome….
“Actually, sit tight” he stands skipping out of your sight, probably back to his bedroom.
You sit cross legged awaiting him to return.
“Merry Christmas” his voice is soft, while his body presses to yours from behind in a back hug. His one arm wraps gently around you while the other presents a small wrapped box in front of you. You take the gift from him in shock. You weren’t expecting him to have gotten anything for you.
He doesn’t move except place his chin to your shoulder to watch you open the gift. You unwrap the box, it’s a velvet blue box. You shake your head slightly. He couldn’t have…
Slowly you open the box revealing a sparkling diamond key necklace. You gasp.
“Daniel-”
You feel his lips press to your shoulder with a smile.
“It’s beautiful” you pick the necklace up out of the box.
“It had to match the woman wearing it” you turn your head to see him looking at you with a slight smile of his lips.
You smile back at him before looking down at the key rested in your palm. It’s absolutely stunning. The diamonds glitter in the morning light.
“And you called me crazy” you giggle turning around in his grip and hugging him tightly.
“Thank you Daniel, it’s beautiful, I love it” you smile, your lips against his shoulder.
Releasing from the hug you smile at one another.
“Thank you” you speak at the same time. Laughing together, he pulls you into another hug.
I couldn’t have had a better Christmas morning. You smile, looking at the key in your hand over his shoulder.


~ ~ ~


“Have a great day Y/N” he smiles.
“I wish I didn’t have to go” you whine, picking up your purse from the car floor.
“So do I, but-” he pauses.
“Daniel-”
“Next year” he finishes. You smile.
“Next year?”
“Next year; we’ll spend together” he adds. Oh.
You giggle shyly.
“You and your rosy cheeks” he shakes his head unlocking the car doors.
They’re not rosy Daniel, I’m blushing because of you.
“Bye” you get out of the car.
“Merry Christmas Y/N”
“Merry Christmas to you too” you smile and watch him drive away.
Your hand subconsciously grabs ahold of the key now hanging around your neck.
“Next year” you speak lowly to yourself.