Forever We Remember

Forever We Remember - A Poem for Jonghyun

Your smile was beautiful, like the night, always a twinkle yet along with the beauty there is darkness.

Your voice was soothing, like ocean waves, soft and gentle yet somewhere there was always a storm, a tsunami.

Your eyes were deep, showing burning passion, beneath lied a cry for help, for anyone to save you.

We were loyal about you, we cared for you, loved you... Love wasn't enough though...

Our love blinded us from your sorrow, silenced your cries and screams.

To us, you were perfection, an angel...

Your smile, your laugh, your entire being... We adored it all... But perhaps we only saw the surface...

We didn't see you hurting... We didn't hear your plight... We remained silent, blind. 

Perhaps it was denial.

In your songs, you tried to reach out, we heard the words, read them... But we didn't truly think about them...

Not until you were gone...

Your smile left us, your laughter left us, your soul left us, you left us. 

You left without a voice, leaving behind the beauty we once heard.

Never will we hear you again, not for who we thought you were.

Forever we will hear you now, for who you were in the darkest times, the voice we never heard until you left.

You didn't leave us with your beautiful smile, your melodic laughter...

You left us with your bitter tears and ghostly whispers of hints we never picked up...

Why couldn't we help you? 

Why didn't we help you?

Oh sweet, beautiful angel...

You longed for home didn't you?

You longed for so long...

You couldn't wait any longer...

We hope now, you are happy.

We hope now, you know your worth.

We hope now, you know your mark.

We hope now, you are at ease.

And as the rain falls, we will know of your tears.

As the thunder claps, we will know of your cries.

As the lightning strikes, we will know of your decision...

For you... Were lost in the deep waves of the ocean...

When you resurfaced... Another wave would sweep you back under.

You were drowning.

Falling to pieces.

Right in front of us...

How did we not know?

We hope to bring you light after your darkness...

We hope you may now shine like you once did...

You... Our angel, were a star...

And the time had come for you to become a supernova...

And here, under the same sky, we all come together to admire your beauty, to respect you, to remember you...

Dear Jonghyun,

We will always remember you, not only for who we saw... But for who you truly were...

And while we may be sad...

We love you...

We want the best for you...

If you are happy now...

We are happy...

We love and trust you...

And,

Forever we will remember.

Rest in peace, Kim Jonghyun.

-

While I personally wasn't too involved as a Shawol, I as an Army, Carat, AROHA, EveryDay6... Have come to pay respect to the wonderful man that was Kim Jonghyun. 

I was heartbroken when I heard the news, I still am. I am here to support Shawols and everyone affected by the loss of Jonghyun. Please remember to stay strong.

Forever we remember.

Rest in peace Jonghyun.

#Jonghyun #RIPJonghyun #ForeverWeRemember