1. Jeon Jungkook

The Race For Kim Taehyung's Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Like every day, Jungkook wakes up to a dinosaur hopping on his belly.

The seventeen year old groans and pushed Rooni off of him. His four year old sister dressed in a green dinosaur onesie falls off the side of his bed with a cute 'oomph'. The little girl takes a moment to absorb the shock before jumping to her feet. She starts hopping again.

"Kookie! Kookie! Let's go! Mom made way falls!" Rooni squeals with happiness. She squishes her plump red cheek together and continues screaming with joy.

The sight is absolutely adorable. It would melt even the coldest hearts.

But when you are the second child among eight, it can get tiring.

His six younger siblings are loud all the time. And all of them have decided that their awkward teenage brother is their slave and as such can be treated however they please.

Jungkook doesn't even get older sibling privilege. That's Hana, their oldest sister. Perfect daughter Hana who is smart, beautiful and kind.

Except Jungkook knows her true face. Evil .

He is so lost in thought that he doesn't realize Rooni is pulling his cheeks.

"Let's go Kookie! We are eating way falls!"

Jungkook loves sweet Rooni. He really does. The second youngest (for now) among them is an angel. But he doesn't understand why she has to scream at 7 in the morning.

"It's waffles Rooni."

Rooni scrunches her nose at the word. "Waaf alls?" She says.

Others would coo. But Jungkook is too tired. He shrugs and gently pushes Rooni out his room.

Sitting back down on his bed, Jungkook glares at the streaks of sunlight coming into his room through the curtains.

All he wanted was for this day to not come at all. Was that too much to ask?

It's the day he goes back to school. Jungkook whines and hits his pillow. But no matter how much he whines or throws a tantrum, time would not stop.

So Jungkook forces himself out of his precious bed, defeated and down, and goes to take a shower.

After he is done, he stands in front of his full mirror. There he is, Jeon Jungkook, seventeen year old and worn down from babysitting his six younger siblings. Nothing much has changed. He is the same awkward teenager as he was last year. But his already big nose seems to have become bigger. As an added bonus, there is a pimple growing on his forehead.

The day hasn't even started yet and Jungkook is already feeling depressed.

He starts getting dressed. Ripped jeans, a black 'My Chemical Romance' t-shirt that is a little too big on him and a pair of black Timbs. He styles his hair carefully, making sure every black strands lies flat on his head. Then he takes out the eyeliner.

Hana laughs at his face when he comes down to the kitchen.

"You are seventeen already! It's time to leave your emo phase behind."

Jungkook scoffs. "It's not a phase. It's who I am." He tells her proudly.

Hana rolls her eyes and starts shoving waffles in before one of their younger siblings steal it. "Come to me when you finally realize how ridiculous you look."

Jungkook ignores her. He does not look ridiculous. His emo look is not a phase. It is how he expresses himself. And he will not let society (Hana) mould him to its general standards.

Jungkook nods. Satisfied with his thoughts.

"Koo Koo!" His nine month old youngest (for now) brother makes grabby hands at him. "Koo Koo!" The baby cries when Jungkook makes no attempt to take him.

It's not like Jungkook hates his brother. In fact Jungkook loves all his younger siblings. He especially has a soft spot for Jihoon the baby. B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter