[1/1]

Falling in Love a Thousand Times and More
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jungkook was 15 when he first met Park Jimin. He’d just discovered a dance class connected to his high school and applied out of interest, where the instructor quickly paired him with someone who Jungkook believed, was the most beautiful human alive. As said male walked across the room when beckoned by the instructor, Jungkook couldn’t help but pray he wouldn’t make a mess of himself.

“Hi Jungkook! I’m Jimin, nice to meet you!” the male exclaimed. Jimin was all chubby cheeks, crescent eye-smiles and pearly white teeth. He exuded friendliness and warmth, extending his hand for Jungkook to shake after a million fast waves.

Jungkook on the other hand, was an awkward teenager, long dangly limbs and a voice that threatened to crack every few minutes. He wasn’t very sociable, finding no need to interact outside in his small circle of friends, leading him to stutter out a “N-nice to meet you too,” whilst simultaneously grasping Jimin’s hand a tad too tight.

He let go after Jimin let out a soft cough, face turning beet red. Not even 5 minutes into the dance class and he’d already made a fool of himself. Great.

Throughout the beginning of the class, Jungkook couldn’t seem to tear his eyes away from Jimin who’s body moved with ease. It was as if he breathed in music and breathed out dance. His moves were soft yet powerful, conveying thousands of emotions that Jungkook wasn’t even sure he’d ever felt before. Simply put, Jungkook was mesmerised.

He’d never experienced any level of professional dancing, simply practicing his moved in front of a full-length mirror in his room in the late hours of night after studying. People around him had told him that his moves were great, yet in comparison to Jimin, he was nothing.

For the entirety of the lesson, Jungkook remained by Jimin’s side where the older patiently helped Jungkook stretch by pointing out where he went wrong and how to improve. Even when they weren’t dancing, Jungkook stuck by Jimin’s side, though the latter didn’t seem to mind as he chatted away animatedly.

By the end of the lesson, Jungkook had made a new friend.

 

---

 

Jungkook was 18 when he first fell in love with Park Jimin. He didn’t know exactly when the barrier between platonic and romantic had broken but at the age of tender age of 18, he’d finally realised. The burning fire within his body when Jimin leaned into someone else, the longing in his heart when he was away from Jimin for a prolonged amount of time, the pure happiness he felt when he was with Jimin; it all made sense now.

But being in a society where people weren’t as accepting about homouality as he would hope, Jungkook locked up his feelings. He believed he would feel satisfied just by being Jimin’s friend, but he couldn’t help the yearning of his heart to be something more. He reached out for the other when possible, clinging on in what he hoped was a ‘little brother’ sort of way. But he knew, from the looks of all their friends, he was being anything but subtle.

Yet Jimin didn’t seem to mind. In fact, he seemed to thrive in the attention he received. He too, would attach himself to Jungkook when possible and did his best to make sure the younger was happy and healthy. Though everyone knew he was always the caring and nurturing type, it was obvious that he paid just that little bit more attention to Jungkook. Or perhaps that was just Jungkook’s wishful thinking.

He didn’t want to get ahead of himself; he waited.

Until that one faithful day, where underneath the warm blankets of Jungkook’s bed, they came together. Lips against lips and hands roaming the surface of each other’s body. Faint whispers and promises, hushed giggles and muffled sighs, these were the sounds of their happiness. The fragments of their heart had finally pieced together.

The puzzle was complete.

 

---

 

Jungkook was 24 when his world fell apart. With no warning except for bright flashing lights and the screeching of tyres, his world turned into a blur of red and white. Eventually, it all faded to black.

He woke up in a room, same bright lights but the white walls and smell of disinfectant told him where he was. A hospital. Why was he here? He struggled to lift himself off the bed, only to feel bandages all over his head and stomach. Letting out a strained groan, he managed to alert a nearby nurse of his condition and lay back down to wait.

It wasn’t long before the news came. He had amnesia. Whether he could regain his memories or not, they weren’t sure, but they wanted to brace him for the awkwardness that might ensue from his new condition. The medics were explaining Jungkook’s injuries to him when the door burst open and a small male came tumbling through.

“Jungkook! Thank god, you’re okay. Do you know how worried I was?” A slightly high-pitched voice yelled. Said male was average height with chubby cheeks and two rows of perfectly straight teeth. He was holding a bouquet of yellow daisies, something Jungkook took an immediate liking to. Though the person coming in looked familiar, Jungkook couldn’t put a finger on who he was. It appeared that the male and Jungkook were quite well acquainted. Had they been friends? Close friends? The worry etched in the male’s face depicted a bond unlike any other; but to Jungkook, the newcomer was just a stranger.

“Who are you?” Jungkook asked, making the male stumble back. The male

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter