Chapter 5

Fight For You

“Bang ahjussi!”

I ran to him and gave him a hug.

“I miss you. Why are you so busy? We didn’t get to eat together anymore,” I whined to the person who is like a father to me.

“Sorry baby girl. You know it’s not easy when you have a top rising idol to raise,” said Bang ahjussi as he patted my head.

“Yeah I know. It’s okay. You are here now.”

I looked up, giggling.

“Alright, come let us continue and talk about why you are so special.”

I nodded and hugged Bang ahjussi’s arm, walking together. The first thing Bang ahjussi did as we sat down, was taking his tablet and clicked on a few things. He then passed me the tablet and there I saw eomma and appa's picture. They were holding hands and smiling happily.

“Jung Yonghwa and Seo Joohyun, the power couple who managed to stay together and got married despite being in the industry, what with so many people opposing them. But your parents made it. They were an inspiration to many but also envied by many more. Who wouldn’t with such good looks and talents, also add their good hearts to it? But what the fans didn’t know was who they were actually. You know your mum was part of SM, hence making her a…” Bang ahjussi paused, looking at me.

“A werewolf,” I said, unknowingly and he nodded.

“Well your father was not. He was actually a vampire.”

I just gawked at this new info regarding my parents. I knew my parents were in the music industry, well they had their glory days as CNBlue and Girls’ Generation. And their love story started from We Got Married and turned into actually marrying, is a story that I got to read and watch repeatedly, especially when I miss them. It’s like there are always there with me.

“Hana, are you alright?”

I snapped out of my thinking and nodded.

“Okay, moving on. Of course there were so many opposition for them to get married especially from SM. They only want pure wolves. But your parents made it anyway. So when the news about your mum got pregnant broke, everyone congratulated them but the ‘supernatural world’ were all wary. There were never a cross-breed before, so they weren’t sure if the baby or your mother would survive or if the baby survived what would be of it. That was when your parents decided to stop being in the limelight, and chose to focus on you, to protect you.”

“That’s why you are special, Hana. You are the first vampire-werewolf hybrid, or actually any hybrid ever. So when you survived, some people just didn’t know how to control their greed. They want your blood because rumours have it that it would enhance their powers or whatever else. They want to experiment you.”

“Remember the day I bought you here, the day we met at that cabin. Your parents sent me a message to save you because people were trying to kidnap you or even claim you. I remembered arriving there just in time. Those wolves almost got to you, one of them were so close to your table. It was quite a fight to get you out of there, safe. But everyone there helped out, they fought those wolves while I managed to get you out of there and brought you here. However, in trying to protect you, your parents got killed. Sure the news said that your parents got into an accident, in a way the news too was to protect you, since it reported that you died along. But few of us knew the real story. I’m sorry I couldn’t save your parents, Hana,” said Bang ahjussi, brushing my shoulders.

I just stared ahead blankly, trying to absorb all the info I just heard. I just learned the truth about eomma and appa’s death that I have been questioning all this while. I knew it was not an accident, despite just believing Bang ahjussi and the news. Not only that, I just found out I’m a hybrid, like I’m not human. But I feel human as I could ever be, not different.

“Bang ahjussi, how am I a hybrid? I mean I don’t feel any different nor I have powers, I feel pretty human.”

“About that, after the incident, you were pretty traumatised and it had blocked your memories regarding that night and this ‘supernatural world’. In a way, it was good for it is easier to protect you since your blood scent and powers were ‘forgotten’ too. But as you grew older, I guess your nature was starting to show slowly and your scent gets stronger each day. By your 18th birthday, you will be an adult and your full powers will definitely be reborn. You will regain your memories through your dreams to prepare you to be a full grown hybrid. And I think many ‘others’ now realised you are still alive and are in search of you again. Hence, the need to protect you more so.”

I just nodded, as I tried to think about all the dreams I had, especially the night in the cabin. That’s when I recalled the werewolves – SM.

“Are the people responsible for eomma and appa’s death SM?” Bang ahjussi looked at me shock.

“Yes. How did you figure it out?” he asked, concern.

“Because I saw them in my dream and they were looking for me in that cabin. Also you did mention wolves just now, so I just put two and two together. Is that why EXO kept bothering me?”

Bang ahjussi shrugged, “I’m not sure about that but yes there’s a possibility that they were instructed to do that.”

“Even if they aren’t, they would still bother Hana. I see their minds whenever they are looking at Hana. If only I could get my hands on them,” hissed Taehyung.

Everyone turned to look at Taehyung who earned a hit by Jin oppa.

“Hana didn’t need to know that,” said Jin oppa, looking apologetically at me.

“Sorry Hana, I was just angry remembering it, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable or anything,” said Taehyung guiltily.

I just shook my head and smiled, signalling him that it’s fine. With all the things being said now, I can’t even bother with whatever else. I mean even without Taehyung telling me exactly what he saw in their head, I think I kind of know what it would be. I shuddered to the thought. What’s more important now is finding out what I was really. I mean I’m all prepared to know whatever my brothers are, but I was not expecting that it would lead me to my own history. Are there more that I would find out in my dreams or memories?

As I racked my brain for the memories, my head suddenly felt like it’s going to split. I quickly pressed my head to soothe the pain.

“Hana, are you alright? I can detect pain in you,” asked Hoseok oppa.

“My head. It hurts. I feel like someone is smashing my head with a hammer.”

“Hana dear, don’t force yourself to remember the memories. That might be your brain still blocking it out. Let it come to you by itself,” said Bang ahjussi, worried.

I just nodded but slowly felling my energy quickly depleting. I closed my eyes and slowly leaned back but with my head splitting, I didn’t realise I was leaning against Jungkook instead.

“Come on noona. I’ll carry you to your room so you can rest. You must feel overwhelmed with all these,” Jungkook said as he lifted me up bridal style.

I just hummed in response and I felt someone holding my hand. The last thing I heard before I out was Jimin saying, “Everything’s going to be alright. We will protect you,” in the most loving way possible.


“Hana, my little princess. Don’t cry. It’s okay,” soothed appa who came running by my side when I fell off my bike.

“It won’t hurt much anymore. Look at it.”

It was true because as I was looking at it, the scratches were healing on its own and the pain slowly subsided.

“Remember princess, you are a half werewolf like eomma, and so you can self-heal. So you don’t have to cry when you got hurt because you are a strong girl and will heal in no time,” said appa assuring. I just nodded and smiled at appa, feeling so much better.

“But meaning you will only cry because of a heartache by a boy,” said appa childishly while clutching his heart. “But I’ll teach that boy a lesson if he makes you cry, know not to mess with my princess,” added appa as his eyes turn red. I just giggled at his dramatic change.

“Oppa, Hana is just 4 years old. Don’t be so dramatic. Childish,” eomma said as she walked towards us from the house, carrying a tray filled with snacks and drinks.

“But I can’t imagine the day I have to let her go, I’m going to 'ugly cry',” pouted appa.

“Appa, don’t worry I won’t go anyway. I will always stay by appa and eomma,” I said while putting my hands on appa’s cheek and quickly receiving a big smile from him.

“You would, right Princess? I know it. As expected from my daughter,” he said pinching my nose lightly causing both eomma and me to laugh.

“But are you alright Hana? You fell just now.”

“I’m okay eomma because I’m like you. See, all heal now,” I said as I showed her the long gone scratch. She smiled and patted my head.

“Come, let’s have some snacks then you can continue to learn riding the bike with appa again.”

“Come on appa, you need to run faster to catch up with me,” I shouted as we run through the forest behind our house. I just learned that I have super speed and I’m enjoying every moment of it.

“Hana, wait for me. Please be careful!” appa shouted.

“Appa, I’m used to my enhanced senses alrea.. umphh.”

I was thrown off track and fell on my back. I looked up and saw that I had collided with a lynx. The lynx growled and looked back at me. It slowly got up on all fours with eyes not leaving me. My mind was telling me to run because I’m pretty sure the lynx was pretty angry but I couldn’t make myself to get up and run. The next second I knew, the lynx pounced towards me and I instinctively closed my eyes. I was waiting for the pain to come but there was nothing. I quickly opened my eyes and saw appa standing in front of me and the lynx was laying in front of him motionless.

“Appa, I’m sorry. I was shouting back at you so I wasn’t looking. Are you alright appa?” Appa just stood there, not saying a word. I slowly got up to my feet and walked towards appa.

“Hana stop. Don’t move further. Let’s go home. And don’t do that anymore. I told you to be careful. You almost got yourself killed,” appa suddenly said. But I still continued to walk in front of him. That was when I saw his hand right arm was covered in blood.

“Appa you’re bleeding!” I shrieked and looked at him.

“Appa, your face. Your face.” Appa’s face was a mess, the deep scratch on his right cheek; I think I can even see his skull. The lynx must have gotten to appa as he was trying to protect me.

“No worries princess. I’m okay. Let’s go home and let eomma treat me,” he said calmly, though I’m sure he was gritting his teeth. “Are you okay Hana?”

“I’m okay. I’ll be okay. It will heal soon. Appa let’s go fast, I don’t think the blood would stop.”

I said, already crying and pulling him to move. He picked me up and carried me.

“I think I need to scold myself for making my princess cry. I thought a boy would make you cry but turns out that boy is me. Don’t worry baby girl. Appa is going to be alright.”

I just nodded and wiped my tears away. Then, suddenly appa’s wound slowly stopped bleeding and both of us looked confused.

“Hana what did you just do?”

“Nothing appa. I was just wiping my tears away.”

“Is it the tears then? Come try and put some of your tears on appa’s face.”

I nodded and tried to collect as much tears I could and put it on appa’s face. We waited but nothing happen.

“That’s weird. Let me see your hand. Is there anything on it? Oh dear, Hana, this scratch is big. Are you sure it doesn’t hurt?”

“It hurts but I’m fine. It’s healing already.”

“Wait, is it your blood? I mean you are half werewolf and half vampire, so as half werewolf you can self-heal. Just maybe because you have vampire blood too, so you can heal vampires too?”

As appa was hesitating and thinking, I quickly took some blood and wiped it on appa’s wound. I stared at the wound and surely the bleeding stopped.

“Appa sit down. It’s working. It’s definitely my blood. We need to work fast before my wound is completely healed,” I said and appa quickly sat down. I patted down more blood onto the wound, and slowly the muscle and skin stitched back together on its own. Appa just sat down looking blank.

“Appa are you okay? The wound is getting better now, I think by the time we reach home, both of us would be as how we leave home. Well apart from my dirty clothes now,” I said smiling, hoping it would cheer appa up. But appa just looked at me concerned and suddenly hugged me tightly.

“Hana dear. Listen to appa, don’t ever tell anyone about how your blood can heal vampires. We will only tell eomma. My precious baby, I’m sorry you have to do that for appa. I promised I wouldn’t let you do that again. Keep your blood to yourself. Appa will protect both you and eomma,” appa said and he kissed my forehead. I looked at appa, confused by what he’s saying. But I just nodded and he finally managed to smile with eyes full of love though I think I saw the worry in it too.

I slowly opened my eyes and again was greeted by my own ceiling. I just blinked and thought back about the dream I had. For the first time, I had dreams about eomma and appa that had mentioned about all this supernatural stuff. It brought me back to last night's conversation, I guess now that I know this whole new world, the dreams or memories are slowly coming back to me. I thought back of appa in the dream and the powers I had.

“But appa you’re no longer here to protect me or to scold the boy who made me cry,” I said in a whisper.

I closed my eyes again, trying to see eomma and appa’s face in my head. That was when I realise that I was sleeping in someone’s arm, must be Jungkook as usual. I opened my eyes and looked up, but was caught off guard when I saw whose arm I’ve been sleeping on.

What is Jimin doing here? Why is he sleeping with me? I could feel the heat gathering round my cheek and my heart started to beat erratically. I slowly got off the bed because Jimin might just woke up if he could hear my heart beat and I’m very sure I don’t want Jimin to see me in this state. My face was definitely flushed. I just slept with Jimin again after so long and after realising my feelings for him. I’m glad I was not even awake when this happens.

I looked at Jimin and he was sleeping peacefully, looking so handsome. Now that I think about it, we haven’t really talked again after that incident but many things had happened or shall I say revealed itself. And I’m still unsure on how should I face him alone with my now known feelings towards him. With that, I quietly leave the room and took some drink before walking towards the rooftop. As usual the stars are as beautiful as ever; it really calms my mind. I tried to think clearly about everything that is already out in the open but mostly thinking about eomma and appa. The dream I had made me miss them more than ever, what with the memories slowly coming back.

“Every time, you keep on forgetting to keep yourself warm.”

I turned to Jimin, who had interrupted my thought and again felt the blood rushing through my face. Despite having an internal war in my head on how to respond, I ended up by just giving him a sincere smile.

“Here I brought you a blanket,” he continued as he wrapped the yellow blanket around me.

“Thank you Jimin. How do you know I’m here?”

“When I woke up and saw that you’re gone, there is only one place that pops in my head. But when I went to the kitchen and you weren’t there, so I figured that you would be here.”

“Jimin!!” I said as I hit him his arm. “Are you saying that the kitchen is always the first place I would go?”

He just gave me a smile, his bright smile and shrugged. I wanted to hit him again for teasing me but I froze to that smile that I missed so much. I just stared at his face suddenly feeling overwhelmed. I felt tears starting to gather in my eyes.

“Are you crying? I’m sorry Hana. I was just teasing you. I don’t mean it seriously, of course I know you’ll be here. This is where you will always be when you want to think or if something bothers you,” said Jimin panicking as he saw the tears flowed down. I quickly turned my face away and wiped the tears away.

“Urghh I don’t know why I’m crying. I was just thinking about my parents then it just suddenly flowed out after I saw that smile.” Shoot, I mentioned about the smile again. I nervously turned back to look at Jimin, and saw he looked at me with that same guilty face. I just looked at him, not understanding the look on his face. Why is he giving me that look?

“Hana, I’m sorry about last night. I didn’t mean to yell at you,” he said as he looked away. “I know you’re trying to avoid the topic and you would froze for a moment when you mentioned it. It’s all because of last night and I know you’re hurt. So I’m sorry.”

“Jimin that’s fine. I know you don’t want to talk about it. So don’t, it’s fine really.”

“No, it’s not fine. I know how much you want to know and honestly sometimes I just want to tell you but I can’t. Yes, partly it is because we have to hide about who we are and yes my power is the reason I am more cautious when smiling. Especially when I’m with you.” He turned back to look at me, his eyes showed pain and worry.

“This power I had, I never really used it for anything bad or anything. All I did was for the good; well at least that’s what we all thought of it. And of course few times I almost killed few people but Tae or Kookie always stopped me before it happened.” I was just listening intently, not affected by what he said when he stopped and looked at my reaction. I just looked at him quizzically and he continued looking at me guiltily but there’s also affection and amusement in his eyes.

“Honestly I never regretted the thought of wanting to kill them. I may not know what they were planning in their head like Tae, but whatever they did is a valid enough reason for me to kill them. They tried to touch and hurt you. That part of my power is fine. It’s all good. But what made me stop smiling was..” He took my hand and brushed the back of my palm with his thumb. My heart jumped at his touch but I tried to ignore it and hope it would calm down if I don’t think much of it.

“I almost hurt you. With that power of mine, I almost got you killed. Remember that one time when you woke up in the hospital just weeks before we debuted.”

I nodded, I remembered that day clearly because I was so confused why I was in the hospital. When asked they said I was just too tired at school and passed out, but weird thing was, I was out for two weeks. However, no matter how many times I asked they would still gave me the same answer so I just let it go.

“I’m not sure if you remember what happened before that but we were actually talking at the time. We just got back from practice and you were asking about our day as usual. Then you were asking me about what I missed the most. And out of habit, I my hair back and answered sleep while smiling happily to you. In that instant you fell on me and went to sleep. The hyungs all nagged me for not being careful. We were okay at first because we thought you would just wake up later. But then the next day you didn’t wake up, not even the day after or the day after that. We were worried after that, and I was terrified. It was all my fault, if only I was careful then you wouldn’t fall asleep. We did everything to wake you up but you just didn’t. So we ended up sending you to the hospital and they said you were breathing and nothing is wrong. But we just kept you there in case of anything. I tried to be by your side as much as I could, since we all still need to move on with our schedule. Everyday I tried to use my power to wake you up but you didn’t. You just stayed asleep. But after two weeks, you suddenly woke up and we were so relieved. Seokjin hyung and Kookie had been crying too much while you were asleep. I would to but I couldn’t because it was all my fault. And that’s why since then I couldn’t really smile anymore, not in front of you. It was because of the guilt of what I did but most of all I am so scared I would lose you again.”

Jimin, now crying, looked down because he couldn’t hold his stare. He was about to push his hair back again when I quickly took his hand into mine, caressing it. He looked up surprised.

“But here I am Jimin, pink in the flesh, alive and well. It’s not your fault. It’s just you love smiling and that habit of yours turns out to be your power. You mean no harm done. And I was pretty tired back then I suppose, what with all the work at school; I guess I was just resting at full force. Don’t be guilty Jimin. Please don’t. I’m fine and I’m alive. So stop feeling that way,” I said as I wiped his tears away and gave him my brightest smile.

“Just keep smiling and be happy. Now that I know of it, you may not be able to stop your habit, so I’ll stop you like now whenever I realise you would your hair back.”

“What if you missed it and I accidentally used my power again?”

“Don’t worry I won’t. I would never miss a thing that you do as long as I’m watching,” I emphasised despite feeling the heat creeping in again. Damn you heart, now is not the time for you to think about how you always watched his every move.

He just looked at me, wondering if he should trust me. I squeezed his hand and gave him my brightest smile to ensure him that it will be alright. Slowly, his features soften, his eyes more loving and a smile forming on his lips. “Okay, I trust you to help me. But if anything, you have to quickly avoid eye contact with me, then the power won’t work.”

“Noted on that. So Jimin please please smile again okay? I’m alive and well, put that guilt away, it’s an accident and it’s not your fault. Let’s be happy again, okay?”

“Okay. It might take awhile for me to get used to it again, but okay. Thank you Hana,” he said as he pulled me into a hug, which made me, froze. But I quickly put my feelings aside and hugged him back because Jimin is back.

“Sooo your song ‘Lie’ is really because you’ve been caught in a lie,” I smirked as we broke the hug. “Well I forgive you this time since it’s about me.”

Jimin just laughed at the statement.

“But what else are you hiding? Since we are at it now, no more secrets please.”

“Okay, no more secrets.”

We talked through the night as Jimin told me in more details about each of their origins and different episodes of everyone’s powers. We are now back as how we usually are and Jimin finally smiled his bright smile to me again. Though we talked about everything else, the one secret that I still kept was my feelings towards him. Tonight, I want us to be best friends, laughing and chatting, just like how we used to.


Hello! So how do you guys enjoy it so far? Are any of these in your expectations? Well I really hope you really enjoyed the story. Leave some comments to share how you like or may not like it so far. We are halfway through the story. So what else is in store for the family? Stay tuned.

Thank you again for reading.