Chapter six

Just my boss
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

IT WAS FINALLY MONDAY! TIME TO GET BACK TO WORK!

It was apalling that I was happy to be back at work, but it was different for me. I was there to see him. Work was crappy and easy, but I didn't care about all that - I just wanted to see him SO bad.

After Thursday, he'd visited me to check up (for some strange reason) on Friday. He came after work and had tea with me, during which we chatted amiably. I could almost say that kyuhyun was a nice guy. He was funny, in a satirical way, but not TOO mean. I found that we had many things in common and liked a lot of the same stuff. Then he'd called on Saturday and Sunday to ask me about a few trivial things about work, which had evolved into longish, fun conversations.

We were SO meant to be, so why was I cursed with being his secretary? Was I not being good enough for him?

I hopped into the elevator, humming all the way upto the Main Offices. The prospect of seeing him after so long made me excited. We got along so much better now, it was a more friendly sort of atmosphere between us. Dumping my bag and new jacket onto my desk, I straightened my tight (new!) Pants and shirt and took a deep,pectant breath before doing my ritual single knock and entering the inner office.

I gasped out loud. It couldn't be helped. There I was, having the best morning I'd had in ages, excited to see kyuhyun and he'd ruined it for me, like he managed to ruin so many things. Was there really no hope for him? Anger built up inside me along with disgust. The sight that I beheld was...infuriatingly gross.

The man I'd dreamed of for the past 4 nights was sitting in his chair, smirking. The girl standing directly in front of him was smiling evilly. Her skirt was hitched up till her waist, baring her frilly lace which were absolutely hideous. At the sound of my overly dramatic gasp, however, the duo whirled around to face the door. The girl dropped her skirt, but didn't seem the slightest bit embarassed. Kyuhyun, on the other hand, had the decency to look ashamed.

"Ryeowook, you're back." he stated lamely.

"I would presume so," I replied tightly. "Either that, or I'm having an extremely disgusting dream."

"It was nothing, she was just showing me her tattoo..." he explained and my face twisted at the repulsive thought. "I mean-" He quickly tried to alter his mistake, but I was too quick for him.

"Tattoo? Where?" Damn my stupid curiosity!

Tiffany smirked and wordlessly flipped her skirt up again. The first thing I noticed was the tacky tattoo of a bleeding rose on her inner thigh, still raw and puffy from the freshness. My gaze shifted to her belly ring; and a huge spike protruding from within the confines of the lacy thong. EWW! And OUCH!

"Oh, wonderful." His blush deepened at the disgust in my voice but gestured at Tiffany, who had some serious explaining to do.

"She was just dropping in to ask for a reference letter." he said, as if trying to interest me in the topic.

"Oh, really?" I knew I was going to regret my next words. "A reference letter from an Cho is good enough to make you a star in the industry, I suppose." In the industry, my eyes clearly stated.

Tiffany's face twisted as she caught my meaning; and absently I hoped that when I had cringed, it hadn't been as revolting as hers looked. "You cocky little !" She screamed and I didn't flinch.

"Very creative," I drawled, referring to her insulting me. "I really wonder how you'll get by at your new job with your biting wit."

She looked confused for a few seconds before her brain processed my words, then she indignantly opened to speak again but I spoke before she could.

"Now, if you would excuse me, I need to go gouge my eyes out." My nose was already turning red, so I wanted to escape fast.

I turned and closed the door calmly, just as Tiffany began screaming and kyuhyun yelled my name angrily. As soon as I heard the satisfying click of the door, I ran.

I hated him! How could I love someone like that? A cold, heartless bastard like that! A bloody womanizing playboy!

These adjectives ran through my mind as I ran to the bathroom down the hall and locked myself in a stall to hide my crying bout. Stuffing a hanky in my mouth, I began to cry. I cried harder than I had on Thursday, which in itself was a shock. That I was beginning to let a man take over my heart, barely leaving space enough for my family!

The shock of this revelation slowed the flow of my tears and the more I thought about it, the more I realized how stupid I was being. I'd been crying way too much lately, that needed to stop. Also, I knew that there wasn't going to be a future...there wasn't going to be anything between us, ever! So why was I acting like I had some right over him? Tiffany was a , but she didn't deserve to be hated SO much by me, surely? Except, of course, that she was a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter