Deadwater

Deadwater
Please log in to read the full chapter

   It's one of these nights where Jinyoung is sitting alone in the kitchen and staring at the apartment door. Where the only thing you could hear is the ticking of the clock on the wall and the cars passing by outside from the window. It's one of these nights where Jinyoung is anxious waiting. Waiting until Mark comes home. Mark, who always brings another scratch, another bruise, another injury with him. Mark, who then always falls into Jinyoungs arms without uttering a word and as always they wouldn't say anything to each other. Those nights happen a lot more than usual lately, not that Jinyoung would ever get used to it. Whenever he remembers those nights he can't help but shuddering at the thoughts of what the reason could be.

   It is cold. It doesn't matter that the heater is on at full blast, the many layers of clothes and blankets, it all doesn't matter. Jinyoung shivers, regardless of how warm it is, he's always cold without any exceptions. He's sick without exceptions. Not only is he sick with worry, his body is also sick. His whole immune system is unstable. The medicaments are too expensive and he's too weak already to get himself a new job. Mark has to carry all these vices alone but no matter how hard he tries, it's never enough.

  Jinyoung feels at fault because of this, he feels impotent and isn't able to do anything, he can't even help himself. It caters for sleepless nights. And then they began. These nights where Mark comes home late, Jinyoung now unable to close his eyes for even a second, too many worries abiut the older are swimming in his head, are stopping all decent thoughts. Worries, worries, worries, nothing as worries. Every time when Mark comes back, a new injury adorning his body, but also a bundle of money in his hand. Still not enough, but more than what he earns whit his regular job.

   Jinyoung gave up questioning where the hell Mark has been. He gave up a lot of things not only because of his illness. Mostly for Mark. Jinyoung is weak and Mark is strong. Weaklings always rely on strong people and drag them slowly down until the strong ones aren't strong anymore and the weaklings already gave up. The strong people are the ones which going to end up all alone because they made the mistake to rely on a weakling.

   But in this moment it only counts that Mark came back again probably with wounds but still in one piece. Jinyoung always has the first-aid kit laying beside him on the kitchen table, Mark always refuses to get patched up. It saddens Jinyoung, it saddens him to see Mark in this state. Not long ago they were fine, he was fine, Mark was fine, everything was fine. But now it's quiet around them the situation is too depressive for any happy moments. By now it doesn't take them any words to understand each other, words got unnecessary for them only actions and touches count for them. At least they're here for each other, at least they aren't alone.

   This night isn't different. The door opens quietly and Jinyoung looks right in the eyes of Mark. His chest tightens and he has the urge to cry, as always when he sees his lover like th

Please log in to read the full chapter