백합

lillies [jongdae]

an: before you guys comment, ik that lillies don't have thorns but lets just pretend for rn that they do

---

Jongdae gulped loudly, then exhaled. His hands wrapped around a delicate bouquet of lilies with a grip so tight that he could feel thorns pricking his fingers.

The school day had ended, and Jongdae had finally mustered up enough courage to finally confess to you, the girl of his dreams.

He peeked around the corner to see you walking his way. He quickly spun back behind the wall, finding it strangely hard to breathe.

Jongdae cursed at his own nervous self. What if you only liked him as a friend? What if you didn't like lillies? What if you were ALLERGIC to lillies? His palms became clammy, and he suddenly felt dizzy thinking of what he was about to do - and what your response would be.

He peeked once more, feeling his heart drop down to his stomach as he saw that you would round the corner in less than 30 seconds. For weeks he had mentally prepared himself for this moment. He had stood in front of the mirror for almost an hour, practicing the exact words he would speak.

But, when you came to find him standing there, it seemed that all his practice went down the drain, and his mind went completely blank.

"Um, Jongdae? Are you alright?" You spoke, your voice laced with concern.

"I-I'm..uhh.." He tried finding his words. His mouth was dry, he was wondering if he was sweating, and all he could focus on was your thoughtful gaze. Finally, he jerked into movement.

"Here!"

He closed his eyes and stuck out the bouquet, heat rushing to his face.

A few seconds passed, and you hadn't said a word. He opened one of his eyes slowly to see he had pushed the flowers into your face.

Jongdae paled.

"A-aish! I'm so sorry, I-I just.." He removed the flowers quickly from your face and looked down while he rubbed his neck in embarrassment.

What he didn't expect to hear was a chuckle escape your mouth.

He looked up to see you dying of laughter. He frowned and his blush returned. "Why are you laughing?"

"It's just - it's just that," you sputtered as your laughing came to a stop, wiping a tear of joy from your face, "you're so adorable. I couldn't help myself."

As you looked back to him, you smiled widely. Your beauty in that moment was so breathtaking that it caught him off guard. All he could do was stare at you with a mixture of awe and confusion.

Next thing he knew, your arms were wrapped around him.

He stood there for a moment, wondering if this was a dream or not.

You could feel his hesitation, but he soon bent down cautiously and returned your embrace. He wondered if there was ever a more perfect moment than this.

After what felt like forever, you both pulled away.

You looked at the flowers and gently took hold of them.

"How did you know?" you asked, smiling up at him.

"How did I know what?"

"Lillies are my favorite."