Worries

Worries

Just as Namjoon was getting to sleep, Seokjin wiggled again. Still half asleep, Namjoon did his best to stop him by squeezing him tighter to his chest. It didn't work though, and Namjoon was woken up further by Seokjin turning around.

Whatcha doing hyung?” Namjoon mumbled, half hoping Seokjin was just getting comfortable and they could both go back to sleep.

Nothing.” Seokjin whispered back.

Namjoon took him at his word and went back to trying to sleep. He was so nearly there – in the middle of a half dream about Jimin and Taehyung eating ice cream – when Seokjin began to move about again.

Hyuuuung,” Namjoon whined, hoping it'd get him to settle down. They had an early flight to catch the next day, they needed to get to sleep.

Seokjin sighed heavily in his ear. “I'm thinking.” His breath tickled the side of Namjoon's face, and it did even more work to wake him up.

Rubbing his eyes, Namjoon opened them properly. “Alright, something's up. What is it?” He asked, hoping it would be quick. Not that he didn't love talking to his boyfriend, but not when he was really tired.

Seokjin pouted. “It's just... it's our five year anniversary tomorrow.”

Yes, I know that. It's the reason we're going to America, remember?” Namjoon groaned.

Slapping Namjoon's chest lightly, Seokjin continued. “We're old, Joon!” Seokjin whined too loudly for this time of night, and Namjoon couldn't help but snort.

What?” He spluttered, finding it difficult to talk over his laughter. “We're not old, what are you talking about?”

Seokjin sighed dramatically, draping himself over Namjoon. “You're not as old as me though. I'll be thirty soon, we haven't had in weeks and I'm just worried that...”

With a flash of horror, Namjoon realised that Seokjin was crying. Sitting up a bit, he did his best to wipe the tears away. “Hey...” he said softly. “Don't cry, hyung. Where did all this come from?”

Seokjin sniffled. “i don't know, it just hit me in the last week how old we're getting. I mean, five years is a long time to be together, and the lack of just made me think you might not be attracted to me any more, and then that was all I could think about...”

Namjoon leaned over and softly placed a kiss on Seokjin's forehead. He felt terrible that he hadn't noticed anything up with Seokjin – they had been so busy with travel plans and organising for Jimin and Yoongi to house-sit that it was entirely possible that Seokjin may have been off without him noticing.

Babe, you don't need to worry about getting older,” he chuckled. “I'm only a few years younger than you, so if you're old so am I, really.”

But it's not the saaame,” Seokjin complained. “You're young, and free, and -”

Namjoon cut him off by putting a finger over his mouth. “Sssh,” he said firmly. “You're not old, and you're still attractive.”

He may or may not have gone on to show Seokjin exactly how attractive he was.

**

Seokjin relaxed into his seat. One of the perks of still being famous was the great first class plane tickets they could afford to get, and it really made the whole experience so much better.

They still had a long flight ahead of them, and Seokjin was so nearly asleep when a familiar noise cut through his ears like a chainsaw. Even after all these years, he had never been able to stop Namjoon from snoring.

Seokjin felt a little bad about needing to wake him up, but before the flight took off Namjoon had specifically asked him to wake him up if this happened. In a way it was quite selfless of him to think of the other passengers like that – he knew that no-one else wanted to hear him snore – but at least part of the reason was probably just publicity.

It took a few tries (his boyfriend had always been a heavy sleeper) but eventually Namjoon snorted awake. Seokjin had to suppress a snort of laughter himself – he suspected that the other passengers around them might not appreciate it.

Once Namjoon had woken up a little, he muttered a quiet, “thank you.” Seokjin pushed the hair out of Namjoon's eyes, glad that it didn't matter that other people could see them being adorable.

They sat quietly for a while, neither of them truly awake enough to start a conversation.

Eventually though, Namjoon spoke, staying quiet. “Are you feeling better today hyung?”

Seokjin blushed to remember how emotional he had been last night. “Yeah, I'm better. I'm sorry all that came out of me, I think it just sort of built up over the past few weeks, and then... yeah. Sorry.”

Namjoon smiled sleepily. “It's okay hyung. I...” he yawned. “I meant it though. You're prefect, you don't need to worry about any of that stuff.”

Seokjin smiled back. “You really think so?”

I know so.”

**

Later that week when Namjoon proposed on a beach in Hawaii, Seokjin really began to believe that Namjoon believed it. That realisation may have involved many tears again.