Crush?

Blank Canvas

note: HELLO GUYS! so, the next few chapters are going to be flashbacks from when Jihoon was still in college!

 

 

When Jihoon was young, other kids found him extremely odd. Instead of wanting to go to amusement parks or arcades, on free days, he would prefer to visit museums, art shops, exhibits or he would just stay at home to paint and sketch. During history class, his eyes would always sparkle when artists such as Van Gogh, Picasso or Da Vinci were mentioned. They were his role models, unlike the other kids who looked up to celebrities.

 

Indeed, he was different, but, in a good way. He was unique.

 

Jihoon always wanted to be an artist, at first, his parents were against this. They saw his interest as a hobby, rather than a source of income. They told Jihoon numerous times before, that he should just take something else up, and do art on the side. So, Jihoon tried to get involved with other fields too, he tried out so many things, but, at the end of the day, his heart was still set on pursuing arts. It was his passion after all. He could never imagine himself doing something else.

 

After years of persuading, Jihoon's parents finally permitted him to take up the art-related course he desired. It took a lot of thinking though, but, they realized that their son's happiness mattered to them more than any tangible object could. They saw how passionate and sincere he was, even after all these years. They decided to support Jihoon. It was hard for them to accept it at first, but, they knew themselves that their son was extremely gifted and it would be such a big waste and regret to them if they would be the ones who'd hinder him from maximizing his potential. They could worry about conflicts later, for now, it is important that Jihoon would discover more about his capabilities and explore his interests, perhaps someday, he would make a living out of them soon too?

 

And just like that, it's already Jihoon's first day in college, if it wasn't for the fact that Samuel was attending the same university as well, he'd be a nervous wreck. Well, to be really honest though, he still was. The two friends made their entrance, overwhelmed as they were welcomed by other students, they saw banners here and there spelling out "Welcome, to Seoul University of Arts." They had goose bumps all over. It felt surreal to Jihoon that he was now a step closer towards achieving his dreams. He was ecstatic, he could barely contain his joy, which Samuel found somewhat annoying, but adorable at the same time. Jihoon dreamed about attending this college for so long, and finally, he's standing here, ready to take on the next chapter of his life. One painting at a time.

 

"S-Samuel, we're actually here???!?!? P-please.. pinch me, let me wake up already, if this is a dream!!!!" Jihoon muttered, he was shaking, he couldn't even talk properly. Samuel simply laughed at his best friend, as he grabbed his hands and pulled him towards the hall amidst the crowd swarmed with seniors, faculty members, and transferees. They reached the bulletin board which contained the schedules, dorm assignments and whatnot. "Hey Jihoon! Look, we're dorm mates! Along with two other people, Lee Daehwi and Bae Jinyoung." Jihoon once again felt relieved that he had been paired with Samuel, although they had slight differences with their schedules. "Aish- I am stuck with you again!" Jihoon said mockingly at Samuel, earning him a good smack behind his head. "What ever Jihoon, I bet that you'd be miserable without me anyway though." Jihoon hated to admit it, but Samuel was right. Spending no more time arguing, they then headed to their dorm.

 

As they walked into their room, the two almost jumped up after witnessing their two new roommates getting quite intimate. "H-hello, I am Lee Daehwi." The blonde boy nervously introduced himself, "..and this here is Bae Jinyoung." Jinyoung tried his best to avoid Jihoon and Samuel's gazed, who, were by the way, are still in shock. "I am Park Jihoon! Anyway, it's nice to meet the both of you... I hope we all get along well." Jihoon replied, he budged Samuel to signal him to introduce himself as well. "I am Kim Samuel! I heard there's some sort of seminar for the freshmen later at 2 pm. Let's all go together."

 

"That would be a great idea!" Jinyoung finally spoke, "I heard that there is a great cafe around the campus, do you want to drop by there first?" and so they did.

 

They entered the dimly lit shop, which was filled with a pleasant aroma, they took their seats and proceeded to order.

 

"Park Jihoon right? Tell me some stuff about you!" Daehwi inquired as he took a sip from his caramel macchiato.

 

"Well, I really love art and that's basically everything there is to know about me. Hm, and oh! Samuel right here has been my friend, well, to be honest, my only friend ever since."

 

"Oh my, that's so cute~ Me and Jinyoung have known each other since high school, w-well, we actually started dating last year." Of course, it made sense, Jihoon thought, considering how close they seemed earlier. But, he was actually really happy to have gained new friends immediately. It's only been him and Samuel for so long, it felt nice getting to know other people. He was certain that college would work out well for him.

 

"The seminar's about to start, let's go early so we can get good seats!" Jinyoung suggested, so the group then made their exit, and headed towards the auditorium where in the seminar would be held.

 

Once again, Jihoon found himself being squished in the crowd. Are first days always like this? He thought to himself. It felt like forever until they finally reached the auditorium. It was almost full, which was surprising, considering that the seminar wouldn't start for another 15 minutes.

 

"Hey guys, I heard that today's speaker is Danik, that really famous artist." Samuel informed the group, which made them all the more hyped. They really admired that certain artist, especially Jihoon, who was such a fan of his works. It was actually the first time Danik would make a public appearance.

 

"Woah calm yourself down Jihoon!" Daehwi said mockingly. "I am sorry Daehwi, it's just that, I really admire Danik-sunbaenim, to think that I am seeing him for the first time feels so unreal!!!!!!"

 

The curtains then rolled sidewards, revealing the infamous artist.

 

Jihoon couldn't help but stare, his jaw dropped. Danik's art was spectacular, that was a fact that everyone knew. He however, didn't expect that the artist would look just as breathtaking as his works do.

 

"Hello everyone. I am Kang Daniel, you may know me by my pseudonym, Danik." The artist introduced himself. His voice was husky, yet relaxing, Jihoon noted.

 

W o w.

 

"Looks like someone's got a crush~" Daehwi slyly remarked, Jihoon blushed furiously, his face producing a light pink shade. "Shut up!" Jihoon yelled. The audience turned silent and shifted their heads towards Jihoon. Samuel, Daehwi and Jinyoung covered their faces with their palms, they all wanted to hide, out of sheer humiliation.

 

"Is there something I can help you with?" Daniel asked from the stage, which made the audience laugh, the group of friends then earned even more attention.

 

Crap.

 

"I-I am sorry, please don't mind me!!!!!" Jihoon shyly replied.

 

Great, he just embarrassed himself in front of the person who he looked up to the most.

 

Daniel laughed, his eyes forming crescents, his dimples showing, as his smile stretched all the way to his ears, which by the way, made a certain Park Jihoon's heart melt. "Okay then, well, where was I again?"

 

The seminar went on, Daniel imparted new relevant insights and advices for the freshmen, in order to motivate them further. Jihoon wished that the seminar would never end, but oh well.

 

His first day of college was actually a great one, despite the fact that he humiliated himself right away.

 

Jihoon and his three other friends were the last ones to leave the auditorium. And to their surprise, the great Daniel himself approached them. They were shocked, as he was standing before them, the group of friends quickly apologized once more to the artist for slightly causing a scene during the seminar.

 

"It's fine, please dont worry about it! It actually made the atmosphere lighter." The artist silently laughed. "By the way, if it won't bother you, could you please show me the way towards the literature department? I need to meet with Professor Hwang."

 

Daehwi's eyes lit up, and he took his chance, "Well, the three of us really need to attend to something right now, BUT, I am sure Jihoon here could help you. Right, Jihoon?"

 

"Of course I can- WAIT, WHAT?" As soon as Jihoon realized what Daehwi's intentions were, the three of them stormed off, leaving Daniel and Jihoon behind. What was Jihoon thinking when he said that, it was his first day here. He barely even remembered the route going to their dorms.

 

"So, should we get going?" Daniel projected a sweet smile towards Jihoon as they both walked towards the exit.

 

Those three are dead meat as soon as I return, Jihoon thought to himself.