Secrets

Secrets

Namjoon pressed a soft kiss to Seokjin's lips. A small whine made its way out of him, causing Namjoon to giggle a little. He shushed Seokjin quickly, before kissing him again. It was a small moment of bliss, a short reprieve from the worry of their secret for a second.

The sound of running footsteps and Jungkook's laugh caused them to jump apart however, and Seokjin did his best to act as though his cheeks weren't flushed. The three youngest pushed past them, seeming to not notice the way that neither Seokjin nor Namjoon would make eye contact .

It was risky every time they tried to get some time alone, but it didn't stop them from trying every time. Sometimes they managed to do it for several hours (which were always the best times) but more often than not it was merely for a minute or two.

Namjoon kissed him once more, a quick peck, before they went into their separate rooms. Most of the time they tried to get a goodnight kiss in, but it was sometimes sabotaged by the other members, and one time by a cat that got loose in the dorm. Seokjin still didn't know how that had happened, but he suspected Taehyung had had something to do with it. They had been way too worn out after catching to even think about anything romantic.

Before he got into bed, Seokjin sent a quick text to Namjoon. They were going to find a way to spend some time together without the other members interrupting them if it killed them.

**

Slowly Seokjin leant his head over to rest it on Namjoon's shoulder. It was innocent enough that it wouldn't necessarily look odd to those wandering by on the grass. Still though, it felt strange, taboo, as though the strangers before them would somehow be able to tell that they were together just from that.

Hopefully the face masks would conceal their identities successfully enough – in the short time since they had confessed to one another, Bangtan had grown in popularity, and the chances of being recognised grew by the day. Perhaps it was too daring to be out in public like this, but there were precious few places where they could go to be together where there was no chance of the other members finding them there.

Seokjin sighed. “I love the others, I do, but I wish they would keep to themselves a little more,” he mused.

True... although we knew what we were getting ourselves into when he began this,” Namjoon argued. “Besides, we don't have a choice, you know that.”

Seokjin leant more of his weight into Namjoon (his boyfriend was comfortable, okay?). “I know we don't, but you can't deny that it would be nice to be able to be together like this without having to go somewhere secret every time.”

Namjoon hummed in response. “That's true, but don't you think that it's worth it to come here?” He motioned towards the view in front of them, and Seokjin reluctantly tore his eyes off his boyfriend's face to the view of the park.

To Namjoon's credit, he was right, the view was good. Seokjin still hadn't asked him how he had found such a place, but he wasn't complaining. The park was on a slope, with the view of the many flowers in the park giving way to the landscape of the Seoul skyline. The bench was sat at the top of the slope, making the view picturesque and making people less likely to look up at them. It had been a perfect place for Namjoon to confess in, although Seokjin hadn't really paid as much attention to that aspect at the time.

A small smile crept over Seokjin's face to think of it. It was probably a good thing that his face mask was hiding it, because he was sure that anyone looking at them would have been able to see the love in it.

Seokjin continued talking along the same vein as before. “I'm really glad you found this place. Don't let the others come here, yeah?”

Namjoon laughed. “Don't worry,” he chuckled, “this place is just for us.”

Seokjin nodded contentedly. It might have only been a few months, but he had Namjoon well under control.

Almost before he could comprehend what was going on, Namjoon's hand pulled Seokjin's mask down just enough to expose his mouth, and kissed him quickly. It was over pretty much as soon as it had begun, and Seokjin blinked in shock, unable to quite recognise what Namjoon had done.

Had Namjoon really just kissed him outside? In a public park? Where people could see them? He glanced wildly around, ready to be mad at Namjoon... the park was weirdly empty. There had been people there before, and now they were all gone, and... oh well.

Feeling brave for once, Seokjin took the plunge himself and kissed Namjoon back, the two grinning at each other with elation. Seokjin couldn't help but blush a little – it wasn't often that they could do anything remotely couple-y outside.

A question began to brew in his mind, one which had occurred to him before, but never during a time when it would have been appropriate to ask (it was unlikely that music show producers would appreciate him stopping the show in order for him to ask Namjoon anything). “Joonie... Do you ever wonder what it would be like to tell the others about us?”

Namjoon's eyes widened. “What? Do you want to? But I thought you really didn't want to? I don't think I'm ready to -” Seokjin placed a finger over his mouth in order to shut him up. If they had been alone again he might have used a kiss again, but there was an old lady watching them, and there was no way he could risk it.

I don't want to tell anyone yet,” he reassured Namjoon. “It was just theoretical.” He smiled gently at Namjoon. For someone with such a high IQ, he could overthink things to the degree of stupidity. It was adorable.

Namjoon smiled back. “Oh, okay.” Then his face turned thoughtful. “I haven't really thought about it, no. I mean, I guess I've imagined them knowing far off in the future, but...” his words seemed to catch up with him, and he blushed. “I don't mean to assume that... I know we've only been together for a few months, please don't think that...” he buried his head in his hands and made a frustrated noise.

Seokjin laughed loudly, attracting the attention of the old lady. She glared at them, but Seokjin ignored her. It was a public park, they could be as noisy as they wanted. “It's fine,” he sniggered, “I know what you mean.”

Namjoon glared playfully at him from between his fingers. Seokjin giggled, and Namjoon sat up again, casually putting an arm on the bench behind Seokjin's shoulders.

What about you? Have you thought about the others knowing about us?” Namjoon turned the question back on him, and strangely Seokjin wasn't prepared for it.

He thought about it for a minute. “I... well, I think that I can see them knowing at... at some point in the future.” He shrugged. “I don't think that telling anyone would be a good move at the moment though. It just seems too risky.”

Namjoon nodded. “I agree... I wish I could tell everyone though. You've no idea how much I wanted to be able to show you off when we first got together.” The dopey smile Namjoon gave him reminded Seokjin that it really was just a matter of circumstances that they couldn't be open.

Seokjin hoped that the smile he gave him back conveyed that well enough. “Well,” he said, “so long as we have our secret places, we'll be fine.”