final

One week
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The winter air was crisp and biting, its sharp gusts causing a speckled rouge to blotch along the smooth cheeks of a slender young woman giddily shuffling towards the gritty looking entrance of a small hole in the wall bar tucked into one of the many forgettable city street corners. The neon orange sign blinked in an almost hypnotic fashion, easily luring any passers by with a free Thursday evening into it's seedy, yet welcoming atmosphere. With a slight push to the weather-worn wooden door, the young woman was greeted with billowy red curtains that by now were all too familiar to her yet never failed to make her smile and fill her cat-like eyes with wonder about what tonights activities would entail. She eagerly parted the curtains and grinned to the familiar young woman seated on her stool, twirling a mini flashlight between slender fingers. 

"Evening Joy." 

"Ah Seulgi, I see you're back again for the usual night of showing off."

The quick remark made her blush, though she should be used to Joy's quick-witted unfiltered quips. 

"C'mon I'm not even that good, I'm just here for fun!"

The bouncer snorted playfully and rolled her eyes. "Yeah yeah, tell that to all the other singers here, we both know you set the bar way too high for bar karaoke." 

Seulgi quickly waved her off and chuckled, making her way to her usual table in the back of the bar, gazing up at the small stage bathed in bright red light. The MC of the night was still setting up his microphones and booting up his playlists, though she had been frequenting long enough to know just to grab some blank song slips and a pen now to reduce any awkward waiting time when the soundcheck was actually complete. She'd been a regular at the bar's karaoke night for about a three months now and quickly befriended the staff. She remembered stumbling upon the dingy little dive bar on her way to a different outing completely, but was stopped in her tracks when she heard loud singing coming from inside, as someone who always had a bit of a weakness for any sort of musical performance, she decided to poke her head in for a while and well; the rest is history.

Once she got a few songs jotted down, she quickly made her way over to the familiar MC with slips in hand. Out of all the staff, Chanyeol was by far her closest friend and was constantly leaving his co-host on stage to DJ by himself to steal drinks from her table or just hang out for a while. "Yo spicy boy what's up?

The man quickly glanced up from his laptop, a larger than life grin already adorning his boyish features. "That's MC Spicy Boi to you. B - O - I. Emphasis on the i." 

"Ah you're right, my mistake. So are you taking slips yet, or are you stalling until D.O gets here so you can go out and smoke?" 

"You know me too well Seul." He replied with his signature trouble-maker smirk. 

"Well don't piss him off too much tonight, or he'll hide your Cigs again." The man quickly paled upon remembering just how awful it felt to not be able to smoke that night and nodded grimly. 

"True...alright gimme your damn slips." Seulgi smirked triumphantly as she slapped her slips of paper down on the table top. 

"You're the best 'Yeol." 

"Eat a bear."

"I'd prefer a and leave the to you" 

The young woman quickly fled the stage, narrowly missing a size 13 boot to the and sauntered over to the bar for a well-deserved drink. 

"Evening Jessi, you're looking particularly sinful tonight."  The intimidating beauty behind the counter rolled her eyes at the cheesy remark but couldn't fight the smiling pulling at her lips

"What do you want Seul?" Jessi replied, not looking up from her task of polishing a glass. 

"One gypsy juice please, and make it a double please." Before she could even finish pulling her wallet out, the drink was already being slid toward her. Jessi was the owner of the bar, but always tended bar on Thursday nights, since it tended to be one of their busier nights.  

"staring a tab tonight?" The monolid woman shook her head slightly 

"Not tonight Jessi, I've gotta give my liver a break every once in a while." The owner simply chuckled and shook her head as she took the bills being handed her way and placed the change on the counter. 

"Suit yourself little bear." Once she had her drink in hand, she made her way back to her seat, taking notice of a few other regulars taking their own seats along with a handful of new faces. Tonight was definitely going to be fun, though no one could really know what the night would have in store considering she's seen the quietest nights quickly turn into a show with the arrival of different swarms of people. Really what Seulgi enjoyed so much was the fact that absolutely anything could happen there at any given time which was both exhilarating and anxiety inducing. Another element that originally drew her into participating regularly here was the themes or persona each performer undertook. Most of the regulars perform under an alias or  funny code name that corresponds with their theme, for instance Chanyeol, a.k.a 'Spicy Boi' will perform upbeat and hard-hitting rap music. Her first time putting a slip in, Chanyeol handed it back to her and told her to make a nickname up so she stuck to the two things she knew best: her bear-like appearance and her embarrassing cheesiness...

"Alright ladies and gents give it up for Bear

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter