My Hero (Seulrene)

Red Velvet One-Shot Stories
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

*A/N There are some slight profanities in this chapter.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

As the sunlight hit her beautiful white porcelain skin, Seulgi immediately rose up with a smile on her face.

"I can't wait for school today!"

All of this was ruined when a young satan burst into her room.

"Unnie! What are you waiting for?! You're going to be late!" That young satan exclaimed dramatically.

"Alright Yeri! Jeez, calm down will ya?" Seulgi groaned before getting ready for her first day of school.

 

Seulgi walked down to the dining room to be greeted by her parents.

"Aigoo, my princess~~" Her dad cooed while pinching her chubby cheeks.

"Dad~ stop it!" Seulgi whined.

"Honey that's enough, she's going to be late" Seulgi's mom said.

 

"Irene! Come on get up, you're late for school!" A woman shouted.

"Just 5 more minutes mom" Irene yawned before covering her face with her purple blanket.

"That's it" Irene's mom threatened.

Irene was about to get back into her dreamland before a splash of cold water landed on her whole body.

"MOM! What the hell?!" Irene screamed

"Don't mess with me sweetie, come on~ you gotta go to school now" Irene's mom innocently smiled before leaving her drenched daughter whining alone.

 

"Seulgi, don't forget your umbrella, it might rain today" Seulgi's mom reminded.

"I know mom~, I'm not that dumb like that one satan behind you" Seulgi teased which she remembers when Yeri forgotten to bring her umbrella on a cloudy day.

"YOU ARE SO DEAD WHEN YOU GET BACK HOME KANG SEULGI!!" Seulgi ran out of the house before a wild turtle chased her.

"Did you smoke crack when you were pregnant with them?" Seulgi and Yeri's dad questioned playfully.

"Meh, I guess I did"

 

"Do you have your umbrella with you sweetie?" Irene's dad asked.

"It's sunny outside, of course it's not going to rain" Irene pointed out at the window next to their dining table.

"Whatever you say sweetie~"

"Bye mom and dad" Irene left after giving them a kiss on their cheeks.

"She's just like you when you were younger jagiya~"

 

Just when she thought the bad luck time was over, she was so wrong. The sky was covered with grey clouds and droplets of rain started coming down onto her smooth skin. She mentally facepalmed herself for not listening to her dad. 'They must be laughing their asses off at home' Irene thought.

Irene had no other choice but to run with her bag on top of her head, shielding her from the rain.

Until a girl handed her an umbrella. "Take it, you look like you desparately need it." That's all the girl said before lifting her hoodie up and running away. Irene absentmindedly smiled to herself as she stared at the bear patterned umbrella given to her by her hero before continuing walking to school.

 

"Hey Iren- Woah, is that your umbrella? It looks so cute! Can I have it? Wendy squealed before making her hands towards the umbrella.

"No" Irene stated with her hands hugging the umbrella protectively.

"Stingy" Wendy mumbled.

 

As they were walking to class, a taller girl sneaked her arms around their shoulders. Almost giving both the girls a heart attack.

 

"What the Joy?! You gotta stop doing that you know I have a weak heart" Irene complained.

"Oh yeah I forgot that I have a grandma right here with me" Joy teased.

Irene glared at her before leaving the other two cackling with each other.

"Aw come on~ it's just a joke ha ha" Joy said before continuing laughing.

"Baby you gotta stop with the teasing" Wendy said.

"You know I can't help with it" Joy smiled before leaning in and capturing Wendy's lips.

 

Irene sat down at the corner of the lecture room with a window next to her, waiting for the usual things to happe-

"Irene noona please, will you go out with me?"

"Irene, I will buy you whatever you want"

Boys surrounded her table with gifts and flowers being handed in front of her face, confessions flying around her ears. She was about to have a mental breakdown until a loud slam filled up the entire room. Every head in the room turned towards the lecturer, behind her there was another person standing slightly taller than her. She gestured the new student to introduce herself in front of the room.

"Go on, introduce yourself Seulgi"

"Hi everyone, my name is Kang Seulgi. Please take care of me well!" Seulgi introduced brightly before giving a 90 degress bow.

"Hi Seulgi!! You are so cute!!" Some girls squealed, making Seulgi blush slightly before returning a bright smile which cause the group of girls to squeal even louder.

"Alright Seulgi, you can take a seat next to Irene, Irene please raise your hand" the lecturer asked.

Seulgi was scanning around the room looking for the hand of 'Irene' until her eyes spotted a small hand at the corner of the room. 'I assume that's Irene' Seulgi thought. She walked towards the seat next to her before sitting down and greeting her with a huge grin which resembles to a bear.

"Hi Irene, my name is Kang Seulgi!" She greeted brightly before extending her hand towards Irene who is still in dazed mode.

 

'No way, my hero is in the same class as me!? Holy , she really looks like the bear in the umbrella! Omg, how should I thank her? I think I shou-

 

"Uh Irene-ssi? Are you okay?" Seulgi asked worriedly.

"Huh? Oh, hi Seulgi! My name is Irene or Bae Joohyun but you can call me either Joohyun or Irene. Nice to meet you" Irene snapped out of her thoughts and smiled before shaking Seulgi's hand.

"Urm, are you perhaps the person who g-"

"Alright Irene, you can continue your introductions later, focus on my class first" the lecturer apprised.

 

The class went on with Seulgi focusing on her class while next to her is a daydreaming Irene.

 

"Alright that's all guys, make sure you finish you homework by this week. Class dismissed." The lecturer said before walking out the room.

"Hey uh Irene-ssi? Can you tour me around the school compound? I'm still not familiar with the areas." Seulgi requested nervously.

"Yeah sure, I'm free the entire day. But we have to meet up with my friends and maybe you can introduce yourself to them. Don't worry they don't bite." Irene grinned.

 

As they were walking towards the cafeteria, a few fancy boys with expensive suits surrounded them.

"Hi Irene-ssi, would you like to go out with me?" A boy asked which Seulgi assume he is the leader.

"No Suho, I've said again and I'll one more time, leave me alone or you will lose your little 'friend' down there" Irene warned with her finger pointed towards the part.

"Fine, other girls will want me anyways. Come on boys, let's go find some chicks." The boys then left the two alone.

"Are you okay Irene-ssi?" Seulgi asked.

"I'm fine, this happens to me everyday. I got used to it." Irene answered.

 

Once they reached the cafeteria, Irene spotted her friends and dragged Seulgi towards the table.

"Hey Irene, who's this?" Joy asked.

"Ah right, this is Seulgi. She is the new student in my class. Seulgi, this is Wendy and Joy. They are my childhood friends." Irene introduced.

"Hi Seulgi!" Wendy greeted enthusiastically while waving both her hands.

Seulgi chuckled at her actions.

"Wow Seulgi, you do look like the umbrella that Irene unnie was hugging earlier." Joy said nonchalantly.

Irene almost spat her drink out and swore that her heart was beating erratically fast.

"Huh, I remember giving it to someone earlier because that person had no umbrella or whatsoever to shield from the rain. Wait, Irene-ssi that was you?!" Seulgi exclaimed.

 

Irene's face became crimson red after finally getting recognized by her hero.

 

"Irene unnie, are you okay? Your face is really red, are you h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter