Part 1

Though I loved you
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung and Jaebum were childhood best friends. Their mothers were mates since their high school days. In their eyes, it was something so wonderful. Every best friends want to grow old and grey together and have children who can continue their past and live their future. Little did they know that their kids' paths won't be the same as theirs.

"Jaebum, let's make a promise," a 7 year old Sooyoung said scribbling down some indecipherable words on one side of a peach colored folded paper.

She was answered immediately, "Promise? What kind of promise?"

He jumped over to her side after shutting the zipper of his backpack.

"Here, sign here!" The 3 months younger girl pointed at her scribbles.

"I can't read anything, Soo. What does it say?" The little boy asked her making sure she doesn't get upset by his remark.

"I promise not to leave you over fights," she read what she wrote on the paper. Seconds passed and he didn't say anything or react to what she said. "Jaebum, you won't leave me, right?" Tears started to form in her eyes but before it could fall, he gave her a wide, cheerful smile extending his lips to his ears.

As soon as she saw this, she tried her best to hold her laugh. "Give me a red pen," and just like he asked, she gave him what he wanted not sure of what to expect. He turned the paper to write on the other side of the paper. "I promise not to leave, no matter what happens," he wrote - Big and Bold. They both signed the paper with different pen colors.

Jaebum held the paper about an arm length further and while looking at it, he couldn't hold back his smile. Just then, Sooyoung started laughing. He looked at her in confusion and gave her the What-the-hell-is-wrong-with-you look. Not minding him, she continued laughing to the extent that she could hardly breathe anymore.

"What was that?" The baffled boy asked.

"Would you get angry if I told you that you look so funny with green leaves stuck between your teeth?" The girl answered innocently, only to resume laughing seconds later. Her laughter grabbed his attention and made him squeal with along.

☆¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦ ¦☆

In their last day of school before the Christmas break in their 2nd year of middle school, Sooyoung confessed her feelings to Jaebum and told him that she had her eyes on him since long time. She was the happiest girl alive when Jaebum told her that her feelings are mutual. That year they celebrated Christmas together for the first time as a couple.

"Come on, Young. Open it, fast!" Jaebum urged her to open her wrapped present, a pretty pink box around 70 cm in length.

As soon as she removed the lid of the cube, a huge smile lightened her face. Inside the cube was a big white teddy bear with a red heart in the middle with the words 'Thanks, Love' knitted on it. She turned her back to the box only to tightly hug the boy behind her back.

"Thank you. I love it, Jae," she muttered against his chest. "Take it out, there's more." He helped her move out the presenter of the night's main gift.

A smaller pink box with the size of a fist came into her view. She ran to its side to reveal the hidden. A beautiful bracelet with both Jaebum and Sooyoung's name engraved into a mix of tiny hearts and stars was found in the box.

She took it out admiring every bit of it. She fell in love with it more than anything. She put it around her wrist and asked Jaebum to tighten the lock of the bracelet. She couldn't stop looking at how pretty the bracelet is. When Jaebum saw her expression, he rose his right sleeve and that's when her eyes sparkled even more if that

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter