Crazy For Love [final]

Crazy For Love

SUNGJAE P.O.V

 

"Sungjae, where are you?! You're late again!" The manager said from the convenience store, that i worked in. "Manager hyung, I'm already near there. There was a traffic."I said on phone. "Make it faster! Or else i'll fire you." He said. "Manager hyung, please don't do that.." I said on the phone. "Then make it faster."Manager said and hanged up the phone.

 

Aish. You need this job sungjae, you need to this for mom. "I'll get going!" I said and bowed, and went out the chicken restaurant. I worked part-time jobs. I'm already a 12th year grader. I have to work for my mom, because she has a kidney cancer.

 

I started working since i was 9th grader. I was always known as a nerd, because i always focus at my studies, and i wear big glasses. I always get annoyed when some couples get so clingy, it's not like i envy them. I always get annoyed. Like can they do that in a private place? Not at a public place. Geez.

 

Anyways i worked 3 part-time jobs, I worked in as a cashier at a convenience store, a delivery boy at a chicken place, a tutor. I have to earn money, so i can but medicines for my mom. I didn't even get to meet my dad because he said to my mom that i was just a mistake only. 

 

Of course i got hurt, but i was even hurt seeing my mom cry every night. I always tell her to forget him, but she tells that she can't because it's her first love. Mom always tells me that when you already love someone, you get butterflies around your stimach. And your heart beats faster whenever he/she is around. And your heart flutters. I haven't experienced that kind of stuff. I wonder how it feels like. 

 

But who will like this nerd like me? I'm not attractive, like other boys at our school. What do i expect? Tss. 

 

...

 

I was at the convenience store already, waiting for a customer. I sigh and layed my head down, and tapped my fingers on the counter. I saw someone entering, and i slowly sat up. 

 

And she removed her ponytail, her hair flew by the wind. Why is everything slow motion? My eyes started to dart at her lips, and i gulped. I shook my head. What the is wrong with me?

 

"Excuse me." She said. "Ahh. I'm sorry." I said and get the drink and scanned it. "That would be 2 dollars." I said and she handed me 5 dollars. Suddenly i felt her hand, it was smooth. I felt my cheeks started to heat up. 

 

And i grabbed the money. And i gave her the change, and i put the drink on the paper bag and i gaved it to her. "Thank you, come again." I said. 

 

When she left, i was panting. What the is wrong with me? Why is my heart beating fast? I said while touching my heart. Aish. I shook my head. 

 

It was already 9 pm, and i already dismissed from the convenience store. Aish, my glasses is like going to break already. Tss. I was walking with my hands on my pocket. 

 

I saw a girl walking dizzily, and some two boys are walking near to her. The other one was touching her shoulder. . I started to think, and i saw a wood. And i grabbed it. "YAH! DON't TOUCH HER!" I shouted. "Eoh, who are you? Are you her boyfriend?" The other one said. 

 

I started to hit him with the wood, but he punches my face. Until he grabbed the wood that i'm holding. I was about to punch him with my fist, but he punch me. "Sorry, but your girlfriend will be ours." 

 

He said but he falled into the ground. The girl hit him, with a wood. And the other guy started running. The police arrested the guy.

 

The girl that hit the guy, was the girl that i saw from the convenience store. "Sorry." She said and offered me her hand so i can stood up. I grabbed her hand and stood up. "Are you okay?" I said while scatching my neck.

 

 "Y-yeah i think so." She said. "Thanks, can i ask you a favor?" She said. "Ne? Sure, what is it?"I said. "Can you take me home?" She said.

 

"M-me?" I said. "Yes, you. Who else?" She said. "U-uh.. Sure." I said and my cheeks started to heat up, and she nodded. We started walking, and i noticed she's wearing a sleeveless shirt. I scratched the nape of my neck, and i grabbed my backpack. And i grabbed my jacket. 

 

"H-here, wear it." I said and gave it to her. "A-aniya. It's okay." She said. "No, i insist. It's too cold, and you're wearing a sleeveless shirt." I said and while avoiding eye contact to her. "U-uh.. Thanks." She said.

 

"Um, so this is my home." She said. "Would you like some coffee?" She asked and my brows knit together. "Aren't you scared?" I asked. "Scared? Of what?" She said. "Um.. of a stranger. We just met earlier at a bad accident, and now you're offering me a coffee at your home?" I said and she smiled. "You saed my life, and i want to treat you." She said. "So is that a yes?" She added.

 

 "Isn't your parents at home?" I asked while scratching my hair and she shooked her head. "They're at a business trip, it's not like we're going to do something." She said and chuckled. My cheeks started to heat up again, and weird thoughts started to go in my mind. Yah! Yook Sungjae! What're you thinking??!

 

"Ya, are you just going to stay there?" She said and i went inside her house. Her house is really big, not like our house that is small. "Stay there." She said and i sat at the couch of their living room. And she went into her room, i think. She went out a few minutes, and she changed into a big shirt and wearing a shorts. I gulped, and looked away. "Here." She said and offered me a coffee. And she sat next beside me. 

 

"Thanks.." I said. "So what's your name?" She asked. "Sungjae, Yook Sungjae." I said. "Sohyun." She said and offered me her hand, and i shaked hands with her. "Have you ever date before?" She said.

 

 And i choked, and i scoffed at her question. "A-aniyo.." I said and she nodded. "You know.. You're the only guy that i brought here." She said. "Jinjjayo?" I said and she nodded. "You're really handsome without glasses." She said. 

 

I gulped. She started to get near, and dangerously close into my face. "You should go now." She said. "E-eoh?" I said and she chuckled. "You're cute." She said. 

 

...

"Thanks for saving me anyways." She said and i nodded and scratched the nape of my neck. While looking at the ground, i felt my chin was raised by her. And she kissed me, making my eyes widened. I can taste the alcohol within her, and she keeps on nibbling with my bottom lip. .

 

I started to get intoxicated from her, and her arms were s around my neck pulling me closer. And my arms were at her waist. I started to respond to her kiss. This was my first kiss. "We shouldn't" I said in between our kisses. She removed my glasses, and started to kiss me roughly.

 

"You're so handsome." She said seductively in between our kisses, i groaned at the feeling. Our tongue's nudge together. And she was nibbling at my bottom lip, asking for entrance. Our kiss move in sync. And our tongue interwines together. Until we pulled away. And started to catch our breath.

 

"Sorry." She said. "It's okay." I said. "I should go.." I said and she nodded and she gaved me back my glasses.

 

...

 

I kissed a girl?? I KISSED A GIRL!!!!! HA!!!! I can still feel the sensation of her lips onto mine. . Why didn't i get her number? Aish.

 

...

 

"Sungjae-ah, wake up it's already 8 am." Eomma said. "Sungjae-ah." Eomma said while shaking my arms. "Eomma, wae?" I said and sat up and i rubbed my eyes. "It's already 8 am." Eomma said. "MWO?!!!" I said.

I started to go to the bathroom, and brushed my teeth. And i took a shower, and after that. I went t changed my school uniform. And i put on my glasses. I grabbed my backpack, and went into our dining room.

 

"Eomma, i'll get going." I said and kissed her cheek. "Yah, sungjae-ah. Here's your lunch.

 

...

 

“Sorry sem, that i’m late. It’s just i worked part-time jobs, and i study at night.” I said. “It’s okay sungjae, but don’t push yourself too much. I envy you because you’re smart, and you worked for your mother. But don’t forget to not push yourself hard, you’ll end up getting sick.” Sem said. “Ne sem, I will.” I said. “Okay, you can you to your next class, i’ll get going” Sem said and pat my shoulders, and i bowed.

 

I went into my classroom, they’re still noisy as usual. I went into my sit, and grabbed my book. I started to study, because we will have a quiz. As i was reading, i felt sleepy. I tried to shook my head, and started to study again. I blinked again. Still my eyes were shutting. 

 

“Okay class. I have an announcement.” Ms. Kang said. “Okay, we have a transfer from class 2-3. Come in now.” Ms. Kang said. My eyes widened, at what i saw. 

 

“Annyeong, I’m Kim So Hyun.” She said. “I hope we get along together.” She muttered. “Okay Ms. Kim, Yiu can sit at the vacant sit there.” Ms. Kang said.

 

. Why is she here?

 

...

 

Lunch break camed, and i wanna talk to her. But my mind was telling not to talk to her, but my heart is telling to go to her. A nerd like me can never be suited with a pretty girl like her. I sigh deeply, and went to her.

 

“H-hey, do you remember me?” I said. “Do i know you?” She said. “M-mwo? I’m the guy who saved you yesterday.” I said. “Sorry, i really don’t remember. I’ll inform you when i already remember you.” She said and left. 

 

What? She doesn’t remember me? Does she has amnesia or something? Oh right, she was drunk yesterday. What the sungjae? Face the reality. A guy like you will never suit her.

 

I went into the canteen, and ate. My eyes darted to find her, i saw her eating with her friends. She was laughing, i smiled for some reason. 

 

Someone smacked my head. “Yah!”I said. “I heard you were late earlier.” Joy said, my bestfriend. “Yeah.. I was.” I said. Joy is my bestfriend since childhood, She’s not a nerd like me. She is not that popular, but she’s popular in her own way. You know what i mean?

 

“What are you eating?” She said. “Jjangmyeon.” I said. “Can i have???” She said. “No, you have your own.” I said. She started to get my food, and she eat. “Yah, that’s mine.” I said. “Yah! This is delicious.” She said. “Here.” She said. “You’re really unpredictable, you ate it all.” I said. “Mianhe, here take my food.” She said. “Aniya, it’s fine. I’ll get going.” I said. “Where are you going?” She said. “Study.” I said. “You’re always studying, why dont you have some fun?” She said.

 

“I’m always having fun.” I said. “At studying, not like you.” I said and she smacked my head. “Yah!” I said and she did a merong to me. 

 

...

 

“Okay, we will be having a partner project. I’ll leave the paper that contains your groupmates, just check it here.” Sem said. “Ne.” We said. “I went in front, and check to see it too.” It was sohyun.

 

I scoffed, and i looked at her. And she was looking at me too. I scratched the back of my neck.

 

 

...

 

“S-so, we have to passed our project tomorrow. Where do you want to make our project?” I said. “Up to you.” She said. “Um.. In your house?” I said. “ANIYO!” She shouted. All eyes were on us, and i bowed. “In your house.” She said. “Ne? Our house is small. And you may not like there.” I said. “I don’t care, let’s just do the project in your house. I’ll wait for you later after class.” She said and stood up, and left.

 

...

 

After class, everyone dismissed, and i was waiting for her because she was fixing her things. “Let’s go.” She said and walked. I nodded, and walked. 

 

...

 

“Don’t you have a car?” She asked and i shooked my head. “A motorcycle?” She said and i shooked my head. “Let’s take the bus.” I said. “Ne?!” She said. “The bus is much more convenient, haven’t you ride it before?” I said. “A-ani.” She said and i smiled. “Let’s go.” I grabbed her hand, and went into the bus. And we sat in the last row.

 

She was seeing the view outside, and she looked at me, and looked away. 

 

...

 

“Eomma, I’m home.” I said. “Eoh, who’s this, your girlfriend?” Eomma said. “EOMMA!”I said. “I’m just joking.” Eomma said. “Annyeong Hasseyo, I’m Sohyun.” She said and bowed. “You’re really pretty.” Eomma said. “A-ah.. Thank you..” She said. “Eomma, She’s my classmate. We will be doing our group project.” I said. “Ohh, do that later. I just cooked food, let’s have dinner first.” Eomma said. “A-aniya.. It’s okay.” She said. “Here, let’s eat. Sungjae-ah, get some plates.” Eomma said and i nodded.

 

“Here dear, eat this.” Eomma said. Sohyun and nodded and smiled. “This is really delicious.” She said and ate more. I smiled at her, and she looked at me. My heart started to beat fast. After we ate, i started to washed plates. “Do you want me to help you?” She said. “Aniya, it’s okay. Just sit there at the couch.” I said and she nodded. 

 

...

 

“Sorry, mom is always like that whenever there’s a visitor.” I said. “Your mom is really kind.” She said. “If i don’t have a group project to do, i wouldn’t be here at our home. I would be working.” I said. “Wae?” She said. “I have to work part-time jobs, for my mom. She has a... kidney cancer..” I said and smiled weakly. “Sorry.” She said. “No need to be sorry, it’s not lie you did something.” I said.

 

“Anyways, let’s start making our group project.” I said and wiped my tears, she wiped my tears. “I remember you now, thanks for saving me.” She said and smiled. She started to go near at my face, and until i felt her lips brush into mine. I pulled away eventually, because what if she just plays at my feelings? “Sorry.” She said.

 

We started to make our project, and we were silent. I can’t help but to looked at her. 

 

...

 

“Thanks for taking me home.” She said and i nodded. “Sorry for what i d-“ I cut her off. “It’s okay. Let’s just not talk about it.” I said. “I better get going, you should go inside now.” I said and she nodded.

 

...

 

I threw myself on bed, i sigh deeply. Am i falling for her? No.. You can’t.. 

 

...

 

I woked up, and started to brush my teeth, and took a shower. I put in my school uniform, and i grabbed my glasses and put it on. And i grabbed my backpack. I went to eat breakfast, and i was eating silently.

 

“Are you okay, sungjae?” Eomma said. “E-eoh? Ne.. Eomma..” I said. “Is something bothering you?” Eomma  said. “Mom, what if you like someone, and you think you’re not suited for that person. Should you tell to that person that you like her?” I said. “Ohh.. So you like someone..” Eomma said. “ANI!” I said. “Look sungjae-ah, You should tell to that person that you like, that you like her. Even though she doesn’t like you atleast you telled her that you like her. Even if it hurts. What if that person likes you too? Are you going to reject that opportunity? So tell her that you like her, or else you’ll end up losing her.” Eomma said. “Thank you.. eomma..” I said. 

 

“Is it sohyun?” Eomma said. “ANIYO!” I said and mom chuckled. “Go now, you might be late.” Eomma said.

 

...

 

I was studying, and my eyes darted at sohyun. She looked at me, but i looked away. Lunch break camed, and i went into the rooftop. I removed my glasses. I saw a girl there, and i put on my glasses. “It looks like sohyun.”

 

“E-eoh, sungjae-ah.” She said. “Annyeong.” I said and sat beside her. “Why are you here?” I asked. “I just want some fresh air.” She said and looked at me. “You?” She added. “Me too.” I saidand she nodded. “You know i envy you..” She said. “Wae?” I said. “Because i missed my mom.. She died at a car accident, when i was 8 years old.” She said and tears started to fall on her eyes. “Where’s your dad?” I said. “He doesn’t care about me, all he cares is about his business.” She said. 

 

“Look, your dad loves you. He does that all for you..” I said. “You don’t understand.. He has time for his girls.. Not for me..” She said while her tears are continuously falling. I patted her back, and she hugged me. She started sobbing at my chest. I feel sorry for her. All i can do is pat her back. 

 

I bit my lip, and caress her hair. “Look, we known each other for a while.. Don’t forget you have me..” I said. “Thank you..” She said. “You’re welcome.” And she released form my hug. “Are you okay now?” I asked and she nodded. 

 

...

 

The next day, i was happy that me and sohyun were talking always. She didn’t care what others think, even for me i was quite embarassed like a girl like her was hanging out like a nerd like me. We enjoyed talking, and laughing with each other. I worked always, and she was there to looked out for me. I always told her to not wait for me, but she always said “Why? Can’t i support my friend who’s working?” 

 

Until one day, i was busy studying for exams. “Yah, stop studying.” Sohyun said while saking my arms. “Later, sohyun. I have to study for exams. You should study too.” I said and she glared at me. “I’ll get going, see you later.” She said and left. 

 

...

 

I was walking, and was finding sohyun. And i saw her laughing, with kyungsoo. The heart throb here at our school. Tss. Why is she with him? I scratched the back of my neck, and just walked away.

 

“Eoh! Sungjae-ah!” Joy said. “Yah, Joy-ah i haven’t seen you in a while.” I said. “Yeah, it’s been a while. Want to eat tteokboki?” She said. “Sure, your treat?” I said. “Tss. Fine.” She said and rolled her eyes.

 

...

 

“Wahh, It’s so delicious!” She said. “So, how have you been?” She said. “I’m studying for exams, you?” I said. “Still the same, Wendy unnie is going to visit here.” She said. “Jinjja? Say hi to wendy noona for me.” I said. “I will.” She said. “So are you dating sohyun?” She said and i scoffed at her question. “A-ani.” I said.

 

“Tss. You’re so obvious sungjae-ah, i know you like her.” She said. “Yah, i do;’t like her! Never!” I said and shooked my head.

 

“Aigoo, our sungjae-ah already has growned up.” She said while patting my hair. “SUNGJAE-AH!” Sohyun shouted.

 

“Eoh, Sohyun. Annyeong.” I said. “Annyeong, I’m Joy.” Joy said and offered her hand, but sohyun glared at her. “I thought you were studying? Why are you eating here? With her?” She said. “Mwo?” I said. “I should get going.. Bye sungjae-ah, see you.” Joy said and left.

 

“Who is she?” She said. “Yah, sohyun. Minimize your voice.” I said. “WHO IS SHE?!” She said. “She’s my childhood bestfriend, sohyun. Why is your voice so loud?” I said. “Then why are you with her?? Not with me?!” She said.

 

“I don’t understand you sohyun. Are you okay?” I said. “Of course i’m not. Do you think that i’m okay?!” She said. “Are you jealous?” I said. “MWO?!” She said. And i smiled. “Why would you be jealous Kim So Hyun?” I said while grinning. 

 

“A-ANI! I’M NOT! YOU’RE SO FULL OF YOURSELF.” She said. “Do you like me?” I said. “A-a-ani, why are you like this?” She said. “Would you be mad if a nerd like me, like you?” I said. And she looked at me. “Y-you like me?” She said. “Ever since.” I said. She putted her arms on my neck, that made my eyes widened. She leaved a peck of kiss on my lips.

 

“I like you too.” She said. I kissed her, and my arms were s around her waist. “This glasses, is bothering our kiss.” She said and removed my glasses. And started kissing me again, our kiss move in sync. I started grinning in between our kiss. 

 

“Would you accept a nerd like me, be your boyfriend?” I said and she nodded. “Yes, Nerd.” She said and kissed my cheeks. 

 

A/N: One-shot for sohyun and sungjae! Keke, so what do you think? Comment down below and don’t forget to check out my fanfic story of Taekwang and eunbyul, “Story 2015: Why you?” So yeah. ❤️