truth or dare: soonyoung x seungcheol

Seventeen Drabbles

a/n written in between when i was studying for exams, hence, its crappiness. 


"Truth or dare?"

Soonyoung snorts, taking another sip of his drink. "Dare. Duh."

"Go kiss the hottest person in the room."

Soonyoung's first choice would always be Seokmin, who's sitting right beside him. the poor guy has been the recipient of Soonyoung's drunken kisses too many times. And even though Soonyoung's feeling a bit tipsy right now, he doesn't really want to kiss Seokmin, mainly because he reeks of garlic. Not that there's anything wrong with garlic, or bad breath in general (Soonyoung's own mouth stinks of three cans of beer and other sorts of liquor he'd sipped in the past couple of hours), but eh. He feels like kissing someone else other than Seokmin, after all, he's young and wild, and he's got so many eligible, kissable options in the room.

Mingyu is by the snack table, snacking as if he hasn't eaten for three days. Soonyoung considers him for a split second. He’s tall, dark and beautiful - wait, is that a Taylor Swift lyric? - the epitome of a traditional attractive male; his straight pearly whites with a rogue canine tooth that sticks out adorably when he smiles. But those pearly white teeth are stained orange residue from the cheese puff snack that he’s snacking on, oblivious that Soonyoung’s ogling him like a snack from afar. Mingyu’s name is off Soonyoung’s kiss list, just because of that - Soonyoung doesn’t want orange stuff stuck to his teeth. Anyway, Mingyu's better for cuddles, with his big stupid arm muscles, which makes Soonyoung giggle like a ditz. Like, how does he even get that bulky when they spend about the same amount of time lifting weights at the gym? Anyway, he's going to ask for a nice, warm hug from Mingyu later, after he's done with this silly game.

If Mingyu’s the stereotypical outgoing token main character heartthrob who’d just stepped out of a drama/comic/film, then Wonwoo’s the opposite: brooding, yet caring in his own quiet way, aka Mr Actions-Are-Louder-Than-Words.

Soonyoung locks his gaze with Wonwoo, who's sitting right opposite him. With a stare like Wonwoo's - oh so intense and thoughtful and adoring and could mean a million different things - Soonyoung feels so much pressure. Why does Wonwoo have to look at him like that, like he's the brightest star in the whole ing universe? If this is a cartoon (and it clearly isn't), Wonwoo would have pink, throbbing hearts replacing his dark irises. Like... like he's been in love with Soonyoung all this while, pining secretly with a framed picture of Soonyoung's face tucked underneath his pillow -

Ughhh, no. He's not ready for that kind of emotional confusion and commitment yet, he just wants to kiss someone. Just for a dare.

Chan? He's like Soonyoung's little brother. Kissing him would be inception. Reception. Recipient. Receptionist. God, he's so tipsy, he can't even think of the right word. Besides, Chan's practically turning into a little ball to protect himself from Soonyoung's wandering, drunk gaze - like an armadillo.

(Soonyoung quite likes that imagery. Chan the armadillo. Hehe.)

"Hurry up, Soonyoung." Minghao chastises him impatiently. He considers Minghao as well, but he'd rather enjoy himself rather than giving a chaste kiss to grumpy Minghao just to fulfill that stupid dare. Sure, it's for s and giggles, but this party is for him to blow some steam off, and that's what he's planning to do - get lucky.

His eyes land on the dare-giver, Junhui, who's grinning excitedly like a Cheshire cat. Maybe he could kiss Junhui, just to spite him. "Who are you gonna smooch?"

Soonyoung can't answer Junhui's teasing question. Dammit, why does all his friends have to be so hot? He's torn for choices, and honestly? He wouldn't mind kissing any of them, if they let him.

He sees Joshua, who's pouring himself a drink. Joshua is his current favourite person, so maybe they could.... nah, Jeonghan would probably murder him in his sleep. Jeonghan is surprisingly territorial, and they’d sneak off elsewhere later to each others’ faces off, when they think no one would notice.

Jihoon could probably kill him with a sharp gaze if he even hovers within a three metre radius; while Vernon would give him an internet-breaking meme-worthy expression if he tries to ask. And Seungkwan's not even at this party, because he's too busy being Mr I'm-On-TV-Everyday, recording for some show somewhere.

There’s only one person left.

Seungcheol.

He doesn’t hesitate, and scrambles to his feet; almost toppling over due to the alcohol crippling his coordination and his thoughts.

“Get him, tiger!” Seokmin cheers, when he realises who Soonyoung’s targeting.

Yes, that’s the kind of energy Soonyoung needs. He’s a tiger. He’s a spider. He’s a spiger, so ferocious and so dangerous, yet so adorable and fluffy, that no one - no one! - would be able to turn him down. Because what kind of fool would reject Kwon Soonyoung, the cutest person-slash-tiger-slash-spider-equals-spiger in the whole wide world?

“Hi?” Seungcheol gets caught off-guard when Soonyoung grabs his arm (which is probably more muscly than Mingyu’s. Not probably. Definitely). Soonyoung grins, thinking how ing adorable Seungcheol is when he’s so damn clueless. Wide-eyed, as if his huge doe eyes couldn't get any bigger.

Soonyoung presses closer to inspect Seungcheol's eyes, and yes, he can confirm that Seungcheol does have the prettiest eyes he'd ever seen. He sees a turmoil of emotions behind those gorgeous eyes - surprise, confusion, wait - is that a little bit of desire?

(As if Soonyoung would know - he's just ing drunk. And he really, really wants to kiss Seungcheol right now.)

His gaze trails downwards, towards Seungcheol's lips. Regarding how close they are, barely centimetres away. Seungcheol's breath hitches; the only movement within the few seconds they've been standing so, so close to each other.

(Does he want it, too?)

"I'mma kiss you." Soonyoung whispers, his voice low and gravelly.

Then he smashes his lips against Seungcheol’s, bestowing him with what he thinks is a passion-filled, open mouthed kiss that is worthy to be deemed as the kiss of the century - Seungcheol’s lips are indeterminately soft, like a pillow made of the finest down; and he tastes a bit like soju. He could go on and on and on, kissing Seungcheol, because he’d always thought that kisses should go on for as long as they should.

But Seungcheol pulls away first, flustered, fazed and flushed. He's staring at Soonyoung in disbelief, too distraught by the kiss to even say a word or move an inch - (Forget that there are witnesses in the room with them, all watching their heated - passionate? - exchange like it’s the cliched of some soap opera.)

Soonyoung tries to ignore the disappointment welling in a tiny corner of his heart - nooo, why did Seungcheol stop? Is Soonyoung a bad kisser? It must be him, because Seungcheol's a ing excellent kisser, even when he's caught off-guard. Imagine how incredible that kiss could've been, if he'd put his whole heart and soul into it...

But Soonyoung acts like it’s nothing, he's supposed to be drunk, after all; though that sloppy liplock had somehow sobered him up.

“You’re cute.”  He shoots finger guns towards a flustered Seungcheol - his brain thinking that it's a suave gesture - then he swaggers away, walking straight into the back of the couch.

Soonyoung blacks out as he topples over, but the last thing he remembers is Seungcheol rushing over to catch him before he falls to the ground.