Skeptical Bonghee

Bonghee's Complexity: One-Shot Collection

Skeptical Bonghee


The sight of the old room in which she stayed into was the first thing she saw as she woke up. Not all that, but when she tried to get up without the feeling of her husband’s figure, her headache that felt like a sledgehammer was hitting her whole body, for the love of God, worsened.

 

“Ouch,” she let out a soft grunt, pinching the bridge of her nose while hoping it would minimize the pain, but it surely didn’t. Fair enough, that just made her realize that getting up was perhaps a failure for her. 

 

Ruffling her hair in annoyance, and even enough to make it look like it’s turned into a bird’s nest, shifted her weight to the other side of the bed and for a moment, she just realized she forgot most of what happened last night, or how she stumbled across her “old” room when in fact, she should be staying at her husband’s room — or wait, scratch that; their room.

 

Her work clothes were wrinkled and they were still on, but she only knew when she yanked the comforter a little bit out of the way. It took her a while before she can taste and smell the foul, reek of alcohol. In her clothes. In .

 

Oh, right. She was drunk last night. 

 

Shrugging, she yawned a fruitful groan, and once more stretched her arm as she put her head side to side until.

 

“Shi—,” she didn’t even let herself finish as she covered . 

 

Right, she just remembered that the new recruit, which was a man, took her home.

 

But it wasn’t that of a big deal to Ji Wook, since he always find a way to know who the men employees are.

 

 

There’s something she can’t decipher. Something might have happened that made Ji Wook put her down in the guest room, not in theirs.

 

There must be a......

 

F-uck me.

 

That’s right. Ji Wook knew. Ji Wook knew that that trainee who dropped her home had a subtle feeling for her. That trainee she was clinging onto last night was the one who she thought was Ji Wook.

 

That trainee was the one who she had kissed—

 

Oh God.

 

Alarmed by the knock and interrupted by her thoughts, she sat astounded still, not being able to process what just happened. Her husband’s not that great in handling jealousy and anger, heck he couldn’t even bring himself to tone his voice down whenever he’s irritated by small, solvable problems.

 

“It’s 3:24 in the afternoon, aren’t you going to get up?” The look in his eyes were viscious, dangerous— and even more, he looed like he was going to eat him alive.

 

But his voice was subtle, enough to make her stomach tie into a knot, her ear burn into fire, and swallow.

 

“I... I was just about to uh...” she scratched her head like she always used to whenever she’s been searching for the right words, or what they call.... excuses. “I was about to get up.” Bong Hee continued before sitting up and twisting her figure to finally put her feet onto the ground, with her back facing his husband, not even tending to look at those eyes.

 

It was one of the most scariest thing she’s seen. Even though she’s a black belter in Taek Won Do, just the picture of how they’re fighting in the court, nothing scares her more than his stares and his high pitched tone when he’s getting a little angrier.

 

“Strange time to get ready for work.” he closes the door behind him. It was only sooner that she realizes that he was holding a tray of a mug, and a plate of food. At first, she couldn’t get a hold of what was served on the plate since it was only short of a time when she glances back at him, until he comes nearer and closer, and it was her favorite food from their favorite fast food restaurant—

 

“Jajangmyeon.” they both recited in the same timing, same pace. A promising jinx.

 

“Double portion.” They did it again, jinx.

 

Ji Wook wasn’t supposed to be smiling, but he already is. The sight of it calmed his wife’s nerves,  and the thought of him leaving the problem off the road instead of solving it vanishes from her mind. At this point in time, most probably still half drunk, she can only think of Ji Wook being all romantic, and most probably clingy. “It wasn’t planned,” chuckling, she got the tray from Ji Wook’s hands, trying her best to avert her gaze to something else before she gets completely lost in his eyes.

 

“It wasn’t planned to stay out at a team dinner when I told you exactly to sneak away at 10?” Her husband is tilting her head from every angle, trying his best to catch her gaze. 

 

This time, from sweet, his gaze turned into a furious one. He then sat at the edge of her bed, scooting beside her while swooping in to look at her in the eyes. “I tried, okay. but then—“

 

“You’re a black belter,” yes, that’s right. She’s a black belter and she could turn down a couple of madman but she can’t defintely turn down a request. She could only let out a sigh of exasperation while pinching the bridge of her nose. She’s still boozed by the taste of Soju last night. 

 

It wasn’t until moments later until she finally spoke. Bong Hee figured that if they didn’t fix this, there will be a cold war pursuing their marriage and it wouldn’t help them at all. Not a chance.

As soon as she held her breath and started speaking, Ji Wook was looking at her as if he’s all ready to accept the apologies.

“Alright, I’m sorry, okay. I didn’t plan to get drunk! All I promised was to finish a bottle then saunter away from my co-workers.” Her alcohol limit is half a bottle. “I didn’t know what I was thinking and I was drunk. I thought you were in the company dinner with me so.... I did things I shouldn’t have. My hands couldn’t keep themselves at their place.” she was running out of excuses but it’s the best to give him the whole explanation of what happened last night. “I thought you were drunk, too. I kept on asking you to drive us home already and you kept asking for our place. Then immediately, you pulled me over in the car, and for the love of God, as I was hopping off, I kissed you— no, I kissed the worker who I thought was you.” 

 

Bull.

 

He was only nodding through her story. He didn’t even blink an eye, or furrow his brows, or grimaced unto her. He nodded away and shrugged, patting her shoulder. “Fair enough.” 

 

Hanging open in surprise, with her hair still looking electrified as a bird’s nest, she looked at him dumbfoundedly. He has to be mad, or somehow furious.

“Are you breaking the marriage off?”

 

“No, but I was thinking about breaking that man’s head off.” he shrugged, heaving out a sigh as he rested a hand against the bed’s matress, resting his weight against his arm. He watched her wife lovingly as she slurped on a mouthful of black bean noodles that she’d always eat in his office during 11PM in the evening, remembering how he’s always delaying some of his paperworks just to spend time with her. was bloated and full, and her lips were messy. In a total view, her wife’s a mess and a dirty human being; but his eyes always finds a way to trick him that she’s always been pretty. Pretty in her own ways.

 

As she chew, she only cared to frown at him with his last remark, not even continuing to argue. They stayed like that for a few moments until Bong Hee was done eating. Staring at her while eating? It wasn’t that weird for her. Perhaps, it has been always beautiful watching him stare while he watches her eat.

 

In only a matter of time, she turned around to put her bowl on the side of her bed, and when she turned back around, with partly opened, ready to speak, his lips was already brought against hers. Without any warning.

 

Suddenly, the mundane feeling of being drunk had gone to stray. Her ears were burning fire than it already was the moment he stepped into her room. She was a full mess, she couldn’t even breathe. After years of being married to his husband, he still can make her heart skip a beat. She still falls for him whenever he does that unseemingly surprise. He’s a little bit sneaky, and she loves it.

 

He pulled away with a smug smile on his face. That face he always makes while he’s on the interrogation room, receiving a lie from one of the witnesses or possible criminals.

 

“We ran out of tissue.” She frowns, but still not daring to breathe. “So that’s what this is for?” she jutted out her bottom lip to form a pout. He chuckled. Oh, how he loved those lip formed into a pout. 

 

“For the record, I was trying to see if you remember that no other man took you home last night.” Baffled. That’s the right word to describe her nose scrunched up, her brows cocked into a messy, confused way. She looked at him as if she was more information out of him. She’s pretty sure she was with the new recruit last night.

 

“The one you flirted with and unconsciously made out with throughout the session of being drunk at 2AM in the morning afterwards.....

 

Is me.”

 

Guess Bong Hee isn’t going to expect a broken marriage up to this point.


 

A/N: Until I’m about fully educated about the means of writing, I’m not going to write a series /yet/ but then again, I’m considering the thought. I’m sticking in writing drabbles as much as I can, and my subjects /hopefully/ will be JiJi. Their relationship is amazing to begin with, and I can’t ignore the fact that their characters are the realest one I’ve encountered.