Run and Tell That

Hairspray
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

a/n: my favourite song in this movie :) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2xkGS5i9ko. I did some "quotation analysis" with the song lyrics so I hope you guys can really READ these lyrics because it really has that message regarding race, gender and uality. 

“Gosh, that foreigner should be put back into Special Ed.” Nayeon says in her usual cocky voice, annoyed that the foreigner got a few goals when they were playing soccer in Phys Ed and twirled her hair around with a pencil. Tzuyu sat beside her (because the teacher forced her too) and there was also Jungkook on the other side of Nayeon. They sat all the way at the back where they could freely talk without getting caught and Sana sat in the second row, sulking that she couldn’t be able to turn her head and hopelessly stare at Tzuyu. 

 

You’re probably wondering… Why in the Hell is a foreigner in a class filled with Koreans? 

 

That’s because after Sana was accepted to The JYPNation show, she had to change classes so that her schedule would fit with the others since most of the days, they had to leave at 2:30 to take the bus to the wYMT station and prepare for the live filming. That meant she was no longer with her beloved friends and stuck with these idiots she called her co-dancers. 

 

It was a good thing Sana couldn’t hear anything that Nayeon was blabbering to the in crowd because she was paying attention to what the teacher was writing on the chalkboard, diligently taking notes and Tzuyu just couldn’t handle it anymore and quickly glared at the girl that made her go ape 24/7. 

 

“Stop it, I’m sick of you doing that.” Tzuyu furrowed her brows in slight disappointment, making the girl beside her go quiet for a second as she tried to process what the Taiwanese said and shocked the others who didn’t expect the girl to even speak up in the first place. 

 

Chaeyoung slightly turned her head to stare at her best friend with wide eyes and Tzuyu continued to stand up for the foreigner. “Just because she’s a good dancer.” That made Nayeon scoff out in disbelief as she gave the look to her and Jungkook also looks at the young girl, speechless that she would say something like that about a dirty foreigner. 

 

“You think she’s a good dancer?” Jungkook mumbled out in utter shock and Tzuyu suddenly realizes what she just said and quickly averted her eyes to hide her panic. 

 

Tzuyu doesn’t even answer the man’s question and Nayeon furrowed her brows in frustration of the ignorant girl. “Well, maybe you can have her replace your spot on the show and then I can destroy her when I win— “ Nayeon’s voice gradually gets louder, grabbing the attention of the other classmates who were minding their own business and even grabbing the attention of the teacher who finally has had enough of the in crowd. 

 

“Excuse me, what is going on back there?” The male teacher daringly asked with his eyes squinting in annoyance and Nayeon pretended to play innocent as she unravelled a piece of paper that was on her desk. 

 

She loudly says in a sympathetic voice. “Sana that’s horrible, Mr.Lee does not have s.” She shows a poor drawing of the teacher that had big moobies drawn on him and the man showed an offended look as Nayeon sported a look of victory. 

 

The mentioned girl was taken aback by the sudden assumption that the drawing was hers and she repeatedly waved her hands to indicate that she didn’t draw it. How could she possibly pass it all the way back there when she sat in the second row!? 

 

“N-no, I-I would never…” She mumbled, already admitting her defeat when she saw Mr.Lee take out a pen and the familiar pink paper that was the detention slip. Sana sighed to herself, she knew detention wasn’t that bad and Tzuyu felt herself fuming in her spot that Sana had to receive punishment for absolutely nothing. 

 

It's nothing, Tzuyu... 

 

Jungkook giggled like crazy, making sure to not make any sound since that drawing was from him. He shares a knowing look with Nayeon and Sana already gathers all of her books and pencils from her desk, already approaching the door as she received the slip from Mr.Lee who didn’t dare to make eye contact with her. 

 

Foreigners are used to this...

 

Tzuyu ignored the negative voice in her head and suddenly stands up from her seat as the man takes this as a sign that the latter must want to share something, judging from the concerned look on her face. “Oh Miss Chou, would you like to share with the class Patrick Henry’s immortal last words?” He slowly asked with his head slightly tilted up in curiosity of what she was going to say. 

 

Tzuyu looked back and forth from the teacher to Sana who looked at her in confusion and the younger girl sighed to herself as she quickly sighed. 

 

She obviously knew what the words were since Chaeyoung was secretly a bookworm who loved to read western literature but she took a guess and straight up said in an unsure voice. 

 

“Kiss my ?” 

 

This made everyone in the class gasp out loud, never expecting for Chou Tzuyu, the sweetest girl they’ve known to say something like that and Chaeyoung silently pumped her fists in the air, almost wanting to cry for how brave her best friend was. Sana subconsciously felt the widest smile form on her face as Tzuyu sends her a quick wink that meant that she’s always got her back. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Tzuyu opened the door for Sana to walk in the detention room first and the Japanese first notices that Mina, Momo, Jackson and even Dahyun were already here. Her thoughts were instantly interrupted when she realized that Tzuyu was in a room filled with foreigners and she showed an apologetic look to the others who weirdly looked at the Taiwanese. 

 

“You didn’t have to do that, Tzuyu.” The Japanese looked straight into her eyes, feeling sorry that the mentioned girl got detention because of her. 

 

Tzuyu showed an assuring look as she looked around the room where all of the foreigners were bopping to the music that played on the portable radio. “Hey, no problem,” She shrugs it off. “Besides, it looks like a cool scene down here.” She says again before going over to one of the foreigners and trying to copy one of their dance moves. 

 

Sana had to suppress her giggles when she saw Tzuyu receive the dirtiest look someone could give and the younger girl had to brush off the dress she was wearing, pretending she wasn’t hurt by the foreigner leaving her in the dust. 

 

“Not quite, huh?” Tzuyu looked over to Sana for her opinion and she nods in agreement, silently telling the latter to take it down a notch and then the Japanese went over to her friends who sat around a desk that was in the third row and looked a bit surprised that the great Chou Tzuyu was in detention. 

 

“Why is pretty girl over here?” Jackson raised a brow in suspicion at his neighbour who awkwardly stood near the teacher’s desk and Sana bashfully smiles, thinking back to when the younger girl stood up for her in front of the whole council. 

 

Her friends all look at each other in confusion and chose to not currently pester about it because Tzuyu was approaching them right now. 

 

Momo takes the time to shake Sana by her shoulders, shaking her out of her daydream and she quickly looked back to see Tzuyu was right beside her, shyly waving at everyone. “Hey…” She rubbed the back of her neck, feeling like she was getting judged for even standing in this room and then realized something. 

 

“Why are you guys not in class?” Tzuyu asked with slight hesitance evident in her voice and it made Jackson chuckle in amusement as he wrapped his arms around the shoulders of Mina and Momo. 

 

Jackson answered in a simple voice. “We had a spare.” He flashes a cheeky smile and Mina nudged the side of his stomach. 

 

“And by spare, he meant we skipped.” She added, confessing with an honest look and Dahyun decides to join in on the conversation. 

 

“I’m the only one in this room who actually has a spare.” Dahyun pointed out, making everyone laugh at the correct fact. 

 

Jackson smugly looked at his neighbour who looked nervous under his stare and then eyed Tzuyu and Sana together, thinking they did look like a good couple. “I saw you trying to bust out our moves earlier.” Tzuyu’s face instantly turns red in embarrassment and the others shot smug looks at her. “Listen man, you ain’t gotta stop now.” He says to encourage the girl before shooting a secret wink and Tzuyu felt relieved that Jackson won't expose her nationality in front of the others. 

 

Mina looked kindly at everyone, her eyes specifically on Dahyun and Tzuyu. “My mom’s having a platter party tonight. Y’all wanna come check it out?” She then clicked her tongue and Tzuyu felt speechless that a foreigner was offering for her to come to the foreign side of town. 

 

“Now?” Sana asked in curiosity and Dahyun, the only Korean in this group looked over to Momo for her permission. 

 

“Would you mind if I too checked it out?” She awkwardly asked, earning a grin from the Japanese as they linked arms with each other. 

 

Tzuyu started to hyperventilate as a sign of her panicking and stared directly into Jackson’s eyes. “Ah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter