We Met, Now What?

A Lifetime (With You)

  

 

 

Really though.

 

Dongho was just planning to grab lunch with no other intentions than to get himself properly fed and to enjoy the lazy afternoon with his friends. Or maybe he is a tad bit too curious for his own good so he ended up going with Minki to the café near his apartment and possibly meet the object of his curiosity for the past few hours aka the mystery god. To be fair, Dongho even went back to the underworld to check his archives on the god and demigod name list to get an answer. But of course, he found nothing so he went with his favorite grandnephew to find out (Minki hates holding that title).

 

He, of course, had no possible idea on how the other male would look like. Dongho expected to meet a naïve boy, fresh and lively, undisturbed from the ed up world of gods and goddesses and a little bit confused of his family tree (like the rest of them) but seriously, he wasn’t exactly ready to meet him.

 

 

 

“You…” Dongho whispered almost inaudibly.

 

 

“You!” the mystery god stood up from his seat while pointing an accusing finger to Dongho.

 

 

It was probably one of the weirdest, most comical scene anyone have ever seen in a café with 2 males glaring at each other from fifteen feet away and with no sign of backing down.

After Minki got involved of forcing his step brother to sit down and ushering the god of underworld to close his hanging jaw, they are now currently continuing their glaring showdown in their respective seats which happens to be across each other.

 

“You are a god…” Dongho says while slumping himself on his seat, rubbing his temples to ease the impending headache. “You are a ing god, Minhyun!”

 

 

The other god, Minhyun, rolled his eyes and sipped on his cappuccino with annoyance. “You are a god yourself, not just any god, but also the god of underworld! What a liar.”

 

Dongho feels lightheaded because, no, he wasn’t supposed to meet Minhyun anytime soon. He wasn’t supposed to see him again after all these time, not like this

“You hid your god aura from me!” Dongho then accuses again. “That’s why I couldn’t detect you for goodness sake. I thought you were a mortal!”

 

 

Minhyun slams the table as he abruptly stood up. “Correct me if I’m wrong but you hid yours too! You ing lied to me all this time and I don’t think I need to explain anything to you anymore.”

 

All the other customers were looking at their table weirdly, some even recording the current quarrel between two gods without knowing what is going on. Dongho stood up from his chair and snapped his fingers without breaking the eye contact. The clock stops ticking, the people are frozen as if they are on pause, the cars outside stopped midway their high speed journey while the falling snow remained afloat midair outside.

 

Minki looked around, fascinated. “I don’t know what happened to you guys but please refrain from blowing your covers. I don’t want to get another scolding from mom on this. We can always go back to Dongho’s apartment to discuss?”

 

 

“My apartment?!” Dongho bellowed. “Why does it have to be my apartment?” Even though furious, Dongho was busy picking up everyone’s memory of their previous conversation. He also deleted the videos on the phones.

 

 

“Okay so what the hell actually happened to both of you?!” Minki finally snapped, patience running out because he had been the outcast through the whole fight and he isn’t going to let this matter go that easy. “First, Dongho was all curious and excited to finally meet the son of Aphrodite that he didn’t know of. Then Minhyun was also equally thrilled to meet the god of underworld. But look at both of you know, ready to murder each other even though all of us are immortals but that’s not my point. Why are you guys so hostile now?”

 

Minki looks back and forth the squabbling duo for some sort of explanation.

For the first time, Dongho and Minhyun shared a look that doesn’t show hatred or malice. Minki couldn’t find the correct word but was it pain? Agony? or was it longing? Minhyun visibly stiffened and Dongho looked away before any of his thoughts could be delivered out in verbal words. They were clearly avoiding the topic.

 

“Hey,” Minki decided to approach Minhyun. “I didn’t mean to pry but I’m just worried, okay? Dongho has been my best friend since forever and you’re my closest brother or any other sibling in this matter. I don’t want you guys to be on bad terms because, well, I thought we could spend more time with each other. So you guys were involved in a fistfight before? Anything that I can help?”

 

Minhyun looks contemplative. “No, it’s just… He’s my ex.”

 

 

 

At the same time, Dongho snapped his fingers again and everything went back to normal. The coffee machine starts rumbling softly in the background while the bustling waiters continued their job on serving the customers.

 

“Wait, hold on. I think I heard something wrong.” Minki tapped his ears a few time. “WHAT?”

 

 

“You actually heard him the first time,” Dongho sighed. “We used to date.”

 

 

 

 

Minki pretends to faint.

 

“Anyway my apartment is just down the street if both of you guys wanna hang out.” Dongho offered. “I don’t think it’ll be safe if you guys wonder the streets at this time of the year. I’ll just grab a few things and I’ll be on my way.”

 

 

Dongho is just worried of Minki’s welfare since Prometheus is on a rampage and known to trick anyone on his way like a conman. Just that. It has got nothing to do with his previous lover. Of course not.

 

 

 

--

 

 

Dongho’s apartment is the pretty much same.

 It’s been awhile since Minhyun last visited this place but nothing changed much. It’s messier, sure, Dongho wasn’t the type to clean up, but most of the stuff are placed exactly the same place as it was five years ago. Some sort of nostalgia ran through his head but Minhyun mentally slapped himself and, ing get a grip, idiot!

 

 

“Guys,” Minki called for attention that was immediately returned by the two. “You both dated each other without knowing that the two of you are immortals?”

 

Minhyun groans. “Don’t bring up anything, . I still regret everything.”

 

 

“So you guys did love each other a lot huh?” Minki chuckles. “I mean, when Dongho came to me and Jonghyun a few years ago and told us that he was dating we were very skeptical. Then he started smiling a lot more and h-”
Before the guy could finish, Dongho threw a sock from across the living room that managed to stop Minki from spilling other things.

 

 

“WASH YOUR SOCKS MAN, IT STINKS!” Minki shrieked and hid behind his taller brother. Minhyun rolled his eyes and plopped down on his favorite spot on the sofa, well, used to be his side of the couch for movie nights when they were still together. Minhyun heaved a deep sigh and remind himself that he is not the old Hwang Minhyun anymore and the guy staring at him intently right now is not the old Kang Dongho. How five years passed with a blink of an eye.

 

 

“Anyway,” Minki speaks while dragging Dongho towards the couch. “I just remembered that I have to meet Jonghyun.”

 

“What?”

 

“What?”

 

The two questioned in unison.

 

“And I will leave both of you together until you stop hating on each other.”

 

 

Since they arrived, Dongho finally spoke up. “What do you mean by ‘leaving the both of us’? Don’t you dare do anything stupid like last time because I wi-”

 

“Too late,” Minki smiled sweetly and snapped his fingers.

 

At that moment, both Dongho and Minhyun felt something straining both their wrists together and the clinking sound forced them to finally see that their hands are now tightly bound with a…

 

“Handcuff?!” Dongho shouted and was stomping his way to Minki before the sound of Minhyun’s cry of pain stopped him. He looked back and saw Minhyun being dragged, hands still attached by the equipment.

 

 

“Well, dad is going to be so proud of me!” Minki clapped his hands. “And, because I made it myself, nothing can help you except me. I will be back in 24 hours, no worries, but if you still fight and quarrel, I will keep it on both of your wrists for the rest of the week or forever if need be until you guys made up.”

 

 

Minhyun closed his eyes in despair. “You want us to keep silent for the next 24 hours?”

 

 

“I want you to reconcile within the next 24 hours,” Minki corrects. “You don’t need to get back together, but, you know, just be on better terms. Don’t scream to each other. Do it for my sake.”

 

 

Dongho looked at his right hand which is bound to Minhyun’s left wrist tightly. He tried tugging at it with his inhumane powers to no avail which only earns another groan and glare from Minhyun.
“Sorry.”

 

 

“I’ll be on my way then,” Minki giggled and blew a flying kiss which is quickly dodged away by the two male who are ready to throw any object in their radius. He managed to escape through the door before the sneaker that Minhyun threw could harm him.

 

 

 

Minhyun plopped himself back to the sofa, dragging an unexpecting Dongho in the process and palms his face. “Before anything else, let’s not go to the toilet unless urgent.”

 

 

 

Dongho nodded, “agreed.”