Chapter 1

Of Meets Up, Noraebang, and DongBangShinKi
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I’m so used to everybody –including my friends and family– makes fun of me because I’m single. Because I’d never been in any kind of relationship and I still am a in the age of 23. But I know despite all that, they’re really caring about me and worried that I might ends up being single for the rest of my life.

There were times, too many times, when Himchan hyung trying to play cupid and get me in a date with girls and boys he deemed fit for me. But none of them worked out. It mostly ended up with my supposed date falling for hyung instead.

At first my parents were freaked out when I told them that I don’t like girls, but now they’re cool with it. Even my mom tried to introduce me to her friend’s son. But I simply said that I’m not interested, resulting in my mom asked me if I’m aual.

I’m not aual, okay? I just don’t want what happened with the dates that Himchan hyung had sets up for me to happen again. I’m tired of having to meet new person, because I’m not good with people, especially those I met for the first time.

So I told my mom that I don’t want to be in a relationship, at least not now. Well, honestly speaking, I want to fall in love, and I want to be loved. But that doesn’t mean I’m saving myself for my future lover. I didn’t even have my first kiss yet because I can’t bear the thought of being intimates with someone. Beside I don’t think anyone will love me. I mean, look at me… and look back at all those failed, pointless blind dates… I’m just an awkward potato, I’m not interesting, and there’s nothing special about me. I’m weird. What sane person will put up with somebody like me? No one. If I can’t even love myself, so why would anyone?

But then came him… again, he prove me just how wrong I can be.


I’m waiting for Himchan hyung in the coffee shop across the Japanese restaurant that we visited two weeks ago. Last night he messaged me to meet here today after work, said there’s something he wanted to show me. So here I am, waiting for him while reading my copy of Thorn Year for maybe the hundreds time.

Just so you know, I’ve been a fan of DongBangShinKi since I was in grade school. And like most Cassiopeia did, I’m shipping Jung Yunho and Kim Jaejoong together as a couple. (I’m kinda sad now that they’re splitting. TT) And yeah, I’m a hopeless romantic. I want to have my love story like one of those I’ve read in fanfictions, minus the tragic ending, of course. Maybe that’s why I’m still single till today.

I’m so engrossed by the fiction that I barely realize someone take a sit on the seat opposite me. If it’s not for the sound of that someone clearing his throat, then I wouldn’t even know he’s here. I looked up from my book to see a handsome guy in front of me. Wait, I think I’ve seen this guy before. But where?

“You’re not Himchan hyung!” I blurted out.

“Hi, my name is Jung Daehyun.” He smiles his beautiful smile that again seems familiar. “I’m working as a waiter at Japanese restaurant just across the street.”

Oh! That’s why he seems familiar. “I remember you; you kept staring at Himchan hyung!”

“No, it’s not him,” he frowned, “I was staring at you.”

Me? “Why me?”

“Well, you’re… cute. And I can’t take my eyes off of you.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter