Dusk

Dusk

He stood just a few feet behind her. The sight of her rendered him speechless in awe. The gentle breeze caused her hair to sway, while overlooking the city lights on the foot bridge. She stood out amidst the colorful battle between the nightsky and daylight. There she is, he thought to himself. The best thing that ever happened in my life.

He slowly made his way to her. Leaning towards the side of her head, he gently blew on her ear. "You're here!" she exclaimed. He took her hand, smiled and softly said, "I promised you I'd be here." Since that moment...dusk became his favorite part of the day.

------------------------------------

That memory kept playing in his head. He took a gulp of his soju as he sat on the edge of the foot bridge, overlooking the city lights. The colorful battle between the nightsky and daylight became a blur, as his eyes battled the tears from falling. She's not coming, he thought to himself. Why would she? He closed his eyes tight to try and shake off the memory of the worst thing that ever happened in his life.

His eyes shot open in surprise, as he felt a gentle blowing on his ear. "You're here!" he exclaimed. At that moment...he was reminded of why dusk was his favorite part of the day.