DOS

Hello Autumn

Seoul, 2000.

It’s the end of summer season, but that day was kinda weird, rain dropped heavily. Kim Taeyeon or usually called as Taeng by her mates just finished her extracurricular activity. The petite daughter of Kim family joined Karate Club, the girl might have petite body but no one know that behind that petite body she has strong energy and power. The school bullies were afraid of the second children of famous periodontics, Kim Tae Joon of Jeonju.

The 11 years old girl decided to leave the school after she packed her belongings. The sky looked so dark.

“Aissh.. such a mood breaker” muttered the petite Kim under her breath.

The petite Kim decided to wear her baby blue parka to cover her body from the rain, in case the sky cried its water before Taeyeon reached her house. After the girl tightened her shoelaces, the Kim’s daughter ran in quick speed. Unfortunately, the rain was quicker than the young girl.

Fortunately, the school is located near a public park.

“Haaa.. “ shouted Taeyeon in annoyance.

The midget ran to the mushroom shaped shelter near the rainbow- colored seesaw. The clothes already soaked because of the heavy rain. The midget entered the mushroom shaped shelter and her expression looked so puzzled because she found a little girl squatted alone, hugging the brown-colored teddy bear doll. The little girl saw the older girl in innocent stare, she sobbed in audible voice. The older girl threw the wet bag randomly then she walked closer to the younger girl’s spot.

“Hi young miss, stop your cry” stated the schoolgirl in calming tone, she bent her knees. The wet skirt touched the brownish land.

Why she is alone here on this kind of weather?- Taeng.

Taeyeon thought for few seconds.

Taeyeon felt pity seeing the girl’s tearful face, she decided to wipe the tears with her thumb in soft motion. Taeyeon got mesmerized stare as the response from the younger girl.

“Where are your parents?” asked the karate junior athlete.

The older girl gained silent as the response.

Taeyeon tried to calm herself.

“Hmm.. okay, if you don’t want to tell me about your parents where about, unnie here will accompany you until the rain stops” stated the older girl in cheerful tone.

The younger girl stayed silent.

This is a Kid who you face, Kim Taeng.. think possible way to approach her- Taeng.

Taeyeon directed her vision to the younger girl’s surrounding.

Aha..Teddy bear doll- Taeng.

“Hello Mr.Teddy, can you tell me why this beautiful young girl looks sad?” asked the schoolgirl in comic expression.

“Pabo” muttered the younger girl.

Taeyeon felt shocked after she heard low but audible response, thanks to her sensible and sharp ears.

“W-what?” asked the older girl in a bit shocked tone, she disbelieve that the cute and sweet looking girl in front of her was able to mutter that kind of word.

“His name is not Mr. Teddy but Brownie, unnie” stated the younger girl in innocent tone.

“Aaaah I see.. Hello Mr. Brownie” replied the older schoolgirl.

“My name is Taeng, Mr.Brownie.. can I ask you who’s the girl’s name?” asked the older girl to the doll.

“I’m Eomma Jung’s princess” answered the girl in quick time.

Gotcha! This trick works… so she’s a Jung- Taeng.

Taeyeon felt excited in digging information about the younger girl in front of her.

“Ah I see.. where is your mom, princess?” Taeyeon tried to gain other information about the girl.

“I-I don’t know where my mom is, unnie” answered the little girl in sad tone.

O god! It’s seems she’s lost- Taeng.

“Are you alone?” asked the older girl confused.

Pabo Taeng! Of course she’s alone..errr – Taeng.

“Appa…Appa” the younger girl is trailing in confusion.

“Your appa?” asked the older girl, still in puzzled tone.

“He left me alone here” stated the little girl in nearly crying tone.

What The F! What kind of father who left his girl alone in this kind of weather- Taeng cursed silently.

Think Taeng..Think what can you do for this girl in this kind of situation- Taeng.

“Pssh.. don’t worry, unnie is here with you.. after the rain stopped, let’s go find your eomma and appa” calmed the older girl.

Growling sound could be heard.

Oh! This young girl is really unfortunate, wait! I have left over menu from Halmeoni- Taeng.

“Are you hungry?” asked the older girl.

The younger girl nodded her head quickly.

The older girl grabbed the thrown bag and rummaged the wet bag roughly. She took a baby blue lunch box.

“Here, I have one slice of sandwich.. my grandma gave me for lunch menu..you can have it” stated the 5 years older girl to another girl.

The younger girl ate the given food in peace.

“Thankyou so much, unnie” stated the younger girl shortly.

The older girl gave a sweet smile as the response.

What a pabo parents who have heart to leave this cute and sweet beautiful kid alone in the city like Seoul- Taeng.

“No problem.. I’m glad you’re feeling better now” replied the older girl.

The two were waiting for the rain to stop.

Minutes later the rain stopped and the sky started to get clearer.

“Kaja, let’s find your parents, princess” said the older girl.

The younger girl grabbed the wrist.

“No, unnie.. I want to follow you” pleaded the younger girl all of sudden.

“W-why?” stated the older girl in thick confusion.

This girl wants to follow me? Wait.. I have no heart to leave this girl alone here, I guess appa and eomma won’t be bothered if I bring her to our house- Taeng.

No response from the younger girl.

“Ok, since the sky is clear, let’s go home first. I and you need to change our clothes or else, we will get sick” decided the older girl.

The schoolgirl picked her wet bag and brought the little girl to her house.

“Since I don’t know your parents where about and you reject the idea of finding your appa, I will bring you to my house. There I live together with my parents, grandma, an oppa and a dongsaeng around your age. My house is not that decent, but it’s comfortable enough to be lived in” stated the schoolgirl.

The younger girl smiled sincerely.

“Thankyou unnie” stated the little girl in happy tone.

At the end, the two left the park and walked to the Kim family’s house. After Taeng brought the younger girl to her bedroom and took Hayeon’s new clothes and gave them to the lost girl, she went to her parents’ bedroom. There, there were the appa and the eomma.

Perfect timing- Taeng.

Taeyeon walked closer to her parents’ spot.

“Oh Taeng, you’re home already?” asked the mom.

“Yes mom, the extracurricular finished faster because of the heavy rain” answered the petite Kim calmly.

“Oh I see..” responded the mother in soft tone.

“What happened Taeng? It’s rare for you to meet us inside our bedroom.. I guess you have something to be discussed” stated the father, Kim Tae Joon.

“Hehe.. appa is sensible and smart as usual” praised Taeyeon shamelessly.

“Haha.. just tell me the thing, young lady” said the periodontist.

“Uhm.. Err.. so, I want to ask your permission about my friend to stay here, appa..eomma” stated Taeyeon a bit doubt tone.

“Your friend? Who?” asked the mother curious.

“Yes eomma, well it’s not friend like in school or my play mate.. no” answered Taeyeon a bit unsure.

“Then? What kind of friend?” asked the father calmly.

“Well.. I met her when I walked to home from school. It’s a girl, her age is around 6 or 7 years old, same as Kim Hayeon I guess. I found her when I rested a bit from the heavy rain in the park. She’s alone, getting cold because of rain” started Taeyeon.

“Where is her family? Is she staying at Seoul?” asked the mother.

“It seems she’s discarded by her family, eomma…appa.. that’s why…” stated Taeyeon unfinished.

“Why didn’t you bring the girl to the police station, Kim Taeng?” asked the father.

“Dad.. you know that I’m underage.. they won’t trust me.. plus the girl rejected the idea of finding her parents. She told me that her father left her alone in the park, on a heavy rainy day..God he’s crazy” replied the second children of Kim.

“Ok, where’s the kid now?” asked the father.

“She’s inside my room, dad.. resting. I guess she’s tired” answered Taeyeon calmly.

“Ok, she’s allowed to stay here, but you have to be responsible towards her” decided the father wisely.

“Ofcourse appa, I’m so happy because this time I will be a real noona.. since you know, Hayeon never treats me like one..ugh! she prefers Jiwoong oppa rather than me” grunts Taeyeon a bit grumpy.

“Ok..ok.. you promise us to be responsible for her, okay?” dared the father.

“What’s her name, Taeng?” asked the mother.

“Sure dad, Kim Taeyeon is a young woman on her words.. don’t you worry..I promise” responded Taeyeon.

“Good..” praised the dad.

“And her name is Jung, mom” answered Taeyeon happily.

“Jung who?” asked the mother curiously.

! I haven’t thought about the name- Taeng.

“Taeng??” asked the mom.

“G-Ga Eul.. her name is Jung Ga Eul” stuttered Taeyeon nervously.

“What a beautiful name, Ga Eul..” complimented the mom.

“OK mom, dad.. thanks for your kindness in allowing Ga Eul to stay here, I promise you I will be god to all, I will be responsible towards Ga Eul..can you register Ga Eul to the same school as mine? I want to guard her, inside or outside house” requested Taeyeon cheerfully.

“Whoa.. Kim Taeyeon, you sure grows mature day by day..Jung Ga Eul really changed you, eh?” teased the dad.

“Hehe.. you know me too well dad” responded Taeyeon in delight.

“Yes, I will register Ga Eul to the same school as yours since Hayeon will be back to Jeonju soon” answered the dad.

“Thank you mom, Thank you dad.. see you later when the dinner time is coming.. I will go to my room to take some rest and accompanying Ga Eul” dismissed Taeyeon.

Taeyeon headed to her bedroom upstairs. She opened the door slowly, she saw the girl she rescued slept peacefully.

“Don’t worry Jung, you will not be alone anymore. I will stay beside you no matter what” stated Taeyeon calmly before she joined the other girl to the slumberland.

 

That night after the Kim and new member had dinner, Taeyeon went to the rooftop. She’s having unique routinity : Star gazing the on the rooftop.

Minutes later, the midget heard light steps.

It’s Ga Eul, the new kid.

“Taeng unnie, can I sleep with you tonight?” asked the younger girl after she finished her dinner.

“Of course.. I have enough space bed for two..i bet you’re not feeling comfortable sleep together with Hayeon? That girl sometimes is selfish, but trust me she is good girl” stated Taeyeon.

“Come closer Jung, let’s watch the starry night together” stated Taeyeon calmly.

Being a gentle unnie, she put off her jacket and covered Ga Eul’s petite body with it.

That night, the two enjoyed the beautiful view in joy. The silent, introverted and sad Jung now is gone and changed by the cheerful kid who smiled unstoppably. The two shared Jokes and laughs : something that Kim Taeyeon missed.

I’m so happy, Ga Eul-ah.. don’t leave me alone, I will protect you with my own life.. I don’t want to be like your parents who threw you away mercilessly- Taeng.

That night, after the two felt satisfied in gazing the starry night on the Rooftop area, the two headed inside Taeyeon’s bedroom.

“Since I don’t know your name princess, I will give you a very beautiful name.. “ muttered the older Taeng while staring at the ceiling.

The girl who laid next to her responded the older’s saying.

“What’s that, Taeng unnie?” asked the younger girl in curious expression.

“It’s Ga Eul” answered Taeng shortly.

“Ga Eul?” asked the other girl.

“Yes. Ga Eul means Autumn in Korean language..tomorrow is the beginning of autumn season, so I come up with the idea of giving you name Ga Eul since I don’t know your real name.. princess Jung” replied Taeng calmly.

“Jung Ga Eul…Nice name” added the older girl before she hugged the younger girl in her embrace.

The two slept in peace that night.

Month passed, it’s been 3 months Ga Eul lived in Kim’s house. Taeyeon loves the younger girl that much. She protected the younger girl wholeheartedly. She will guard the younger girl when she’s in school.

One day, when Taeng went to school field trip with her karate team, she left Ga Eul in Seoul. The older Kim went to Daegu for 4 days. When she came back from her field trip, Taeng felt so shocked, sad and angry. The beloved Ga Eul is gone. The parents told her that Ga Eul was fetched by her mom and brought to the USA. The only thing that was left by Jung Ga Eul for Kim Taeng was a letter in baby blue paper.

Dearest Taeng Unnie,

My eomma finally found me before my appa did. She brought me back to USA. Sorry for not saying proper goodbye. Thankyou for everything, I won’t forget all memories you gave to me, I hope we can meet again someday in the future. See you later.

Your beloved,

Ga Eul.

 

After Taeyeon read the letter Ga Eul left for her, the midget fell on her knees. The sudden leaving was hurt her heart deeply. Since Ga Eul’s leaving Taeng was going back to her old self. The girl would be daydreaming frequently. Her stares looked so empty. All she did were school, studying, daydreaming, painting and sleeping. After Taeyeon finished her elementary level, she without effort followed the dad to go back to Jeonju.

Maybe if I left Seoul, I will forget everything about you, Jung Ga Eul” muttered Taeyeon a day before her flight to Jeonju.

Time flew, Taeyeon finished her high school in Jeonju, at first the dad asked her to take medical school, since Taeyeon was qualified to enter the medical school. But the girl rejected the idea, the petite Kim’s reason to be a singer is because a praise that muttered by Jung Ga Eul when the kid accidentally heard Taeyeon sang in the school art festival. Ga Eul smiled happily the time she saw Taeyeon’s performance. Since then, the midget feels so damn determined to be a singer, to make other people happy with her angelic voice.

The determined Taeyeon, strengthen her will to be successful singer in Korea.

I do this because of you, Jung Ga Eul.. I hope someday you will notice me when I become famous singer” stated Taeyeon.

After she graduated from high school, Taeyeon went back to Seoul and joined competition held by SM. She won the competition and trained as singer by SM. The management decided to make her as the leader of girl group formed by the management which consisting of 9 members named Girls’ Generation.

The old wound was opened again, Kim Taeyeon met person who resembled her Ga Eul.

That person was….

A/N :

Hello, J is here. Thanks for the positive responses guys, I love you to the Saturn and back!. Keep reading, commenting, subscribing and upvoting.

Pardon me for another ty chapter ^^