C H A P T E R 2

Forgiving him 77 Times
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jungkook’s thumb hovered over the contact of a girl he had named ‘Apple Bottom’, but he couldn’t remember how he had obtained her number, although he had remembered how he met her and vaguely remembered the outline of her figure - Long wavy hair, with a flatter chest but really round .

Jungkook wasn’t proud of his Casanova or his womanizing past, but he had tried to change ever since he had met and married you even if it your marriage to him was via a marriage contract. He had used to frequent pubs and bars that eventually led to a string of one night stands, and his endless contacts of well, late night booty calls. And now, he’s back to square one after that long.

He contemplated calling Apple bottom over, just so he could get a good out of her and hopefully forget about you just a little in that process and to fill up that void in his heart a little. Jungkook wasn’t the best at handling feelings, especially his own, and to have to deal with losing you, well, that was the best bet he had.

 

As he was about to dial Apple bottom, he received a call from Namjoon.

 

“Yah Jeon Jungkook, I need you to get your to the office now. DAGGER!” Namjoon’s voice sounded urgent and flustered. Jungkook chuckled at Namjoon’s tone, before abruptly ending the call.

 

Dagger was a code word the two of them had made up to inform the other of help, when it came to dealing with problematic female clients at work.

 

As much as the two of them had ooze charm and confidence they were really two goofballs who didn’t know how to meet the emotional needs of women and besides, being a lawyer isn’t just about charming their clients and talking confidently. It’s about them providing a listening ear to their marital woes, before actually offering a professional solution to help their clients.

 

And being an empathetic listener just didn’t run in their blood. Instead, they always panicked whenever a female client of theirs bawled their eyes out. Namjoon would be seated in his chair, hiding behind a document, trying to clear his throat while awkwardly handing tissues over to their clients, whereas Jungkook wasn’t any much better. He’d be seated in his chair with his widened eyes shifting left and right, looking as if he had been shook and he’d silently pray to god, hoping the bawling woman in front of him would just stop already before asking his secretary in to provide the woman with tissues.

 

Jungkook put on a Dolce and Gabbana suit, stepping out of his apartment, driving down to the office in his Matte black Audi r8. He arrived into the office, confidently stepping into Namjoon’s office, acting like he was some kind of knight, saving a damsel in distress. Except, the damsel was really Namjoon.

As soon as Namjoon saw Jungkook, he grabbed onto Jungkook and dragged him to the corner of his office, whispering softly to Jungkook, exclaiming that he is in this ‘precarious’ situation right now and that the client had only made an even bigger fuss when Namjoon couldn’t provide a solution, thus he was desperate for Jungkook to save him.

Jungkook eyed Namjoon teasingly, noting his messy hair that looked like it had been tugged over and over again, and his tie that was loosened, but what he had noticed was that Namjoon’s forehead had beads of sweat rolling down his face and that he must have been really distressed to be sweating like that in an air-conditioned room.

 

“Please.” Namjoon pulled his best puppy-eyed face, hoping that Jungkook would lend him a helping hand.

 

“You owe me one.” Jungkook winked at Namjoon as he walked over to the client, extending his hand and introducing himself as her lawyer in charge of her case.

 

And so, Jungkook sat himself down in Namjoon’s chair, facing the client with the wooden table between them, while Namjoon sat at the other end of his glass-doored office, his legs put up on the coffee table, casually reading a Vogue magazine. Jungkook raised his eyebrows looking over at Namjoon, pulling his face and secretly cursing Namjoon for putting him into this position.

 

“My boyfriend dumped me” Jungkook rolled his eyes mentally at the woman, while putting up a sympathetic face masking his true emotions. He never understood why these women bawled their eyes out, because it only seemed like they made themselves that easily a target anyways. Especially the fact that it was apparent that the guy was only in it for the short run after all, if he had wanted to marry her, why would there be a pre-dating contract that was akin to a pre nuptial one?

 

The client reached out for a tissue, sneezing her snot into it, before taking a deep breath and continuing her story. Apparently, through her in between sobs, what Jungkook had figured out was that the (rich player) boyfriend had apparently made an agreement that stated the maximum amount to be paid to her in the event of a breakup, was to be no more than 500k but since then, the boyfriend had made an investment and earned a huge return in which, the client had now wanted to ask for more monetary terms and values.

 

Jungkook looked through the clauses and found that it was air tight like what Namjoon had mentioned to him, and that there wasn’t really a solution. He pursed his lips together, his brows furrowed as he raveled in his thoughts, before closing the file down and clasping his hands together, clearing his voice to speak to the client.

 

“I found a loophole in the clause.” Jungkook’s words were like a magic spell to the client. She immediately stopped bawling and her face now had a glimmer of hope shone onto it and her sadness that was there a moment ago had now disappeared, Jungkook scoffed to himself in his head, categorizing this lady as another gold digger who was really only crying because she couldn’t get more money and not because she got dumped, which was really normal since well, most of his clients were like that.

 

Jungkook explained that the clause had mentioned that although no more than 500k was to be received, it certainly didn’t mention the stated value of 500k at that point of time when the contract was drafted, which meant that he could then use it to his advantage, stating that with the increased value of the currency now, 500k converted from 4 years ago would be 1 million in value now. Besides, if the Lawyer that her ex boyfriend sought for decided to not settle for compensation, they could always bring it to the court of law where adultery etc could be used as a reason for more compensation, which Jungkook was confident that he would win.

 

Almost instantaneously, a smile so bright hung on her face and Jungkook knew then, he had got Namjoon out of his crisis. He extended his hands to the client, giving a formal handshake and a professional smile before heading towards Namjoon, pulling Namjoon by his shoulders just slightly closer to him, so that he could whisper to him.

 

“That was an easy case, how would our 147 genius IQ not be able to handle that?” Jungkook gave Namjoon a cocky smirk teasingly as he knew just how Namjoon would be annoyed by that jab.

 

“Yah, it wasn’t my fault she was a crying mess and I can’t deal with female and their tears.” After all, Namjoon had always found that women only resorted to three tactics when they couldn’t get what they wanted. The first was to cry, the second was to jump around and throw a tantrum and lastly, the third was for them to threaten committing suicide. And Namjoon could never deal with their first tactic as it threw his brain into a fried electronic hardware.

 

-

 

Jungkook left Namjoon’s office and walked past yours, secretly peeping in to see that you were already fast asleep and your feet as usual, hung empty in mid air without your heels. He didn’t understand why you have this habit of taking off your shoes while working, especially when you met with your clients, and even when you napped in the office. But he had always found that it was a cute endearing quirk of yours, one that he had grown to love.

 

He checked the time on the clock and saw that it was already 8.12pm and he didn’t even realize that the meeting with the client had took him 3 hours, and he silently blamed the client for her sobbing, for it could have saved him more time, especially if she had just gotten to the point.

 

He headed into your office, treading as softly and caref

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter