Colors: meanie oneshot

Colors

Hi!! OK uh this fanfiction was based off of something i found on tumblr (as is a lot of my writing) but it was also heavily inspired by the fanfiction '10080' (baekyeol) so if you notice similarities thats why. Anyways, uh there is character death but its like wayy towards the end also im so sorry that this fanfic probaby ,, i'm not good at writing oneshots but i wanted to try it out..anyways pls don't get upset with me bc of the ending as i said it was inspired by '10080' so yenno. Also incase anyone wants to take the idea from me go right ahead (let me know first though cause im a lil curious of whos gonna read this lol) your writing is gonna be better anyways lmaoo uhm anyways: 

 

 

Colors: Meanie Oneshot

Wonwoo looked up at the sky everyday.

Everyday he witnessed the same thing: A blank grey sky, the dull clouds, and the colorless trees surrounding him.

In this world, you'd only see 'colors' when you met your soulmate. which was nice, except...what were colors?

He evnied those who were lucky enought to see the colors that he, as a twenty two year old college student, had never seen even once.

Wonwoo wasn't entirely sure what the hell he was looking for, but he was still curious about what all of the hype was about.

He dated countless people of all genders, races, to find the person that he was supposidly destined to be with, but it wasn't until August third of 2014, that he saw it. 

At first, he didn't notice the colors start to form, he just noted to himself that the trees seemed a bit off.

But then he looked up at the sky, he noticed that the dull, grey sky had amounted to a bright color that he had never seen before.

He remembered his mom telling him that the sky was a color called 'Blue', the tree's were 'Green', etc. 

He took a few steps back, cranning his neck back as he looked up at the clouds, the greenery on the ground before him, and he smiled to himself. 

that means the person is near

Wonwoo looked around at his surroundings, looking for a person who looked just as shocked as he was at the colors before him

Then he saw him.

The details of their meeting was blurred by the fact that on that Sunday afternoon, not only did Jeon Wonwoo gain the sight of colors, but he met the person that he was destined to be with. 

They dated for only three months, before deciding that they were wasting their time when they already knew that they were meant for each other.

Mingyu's ring wasn't exactly big in any sense, but he didn't care. Mingyus happiness was more than a ring that Wonwoo could buy. 

Their wedding was scheduled for Monday, August third, 2015. 

Between that time, they bought ther first apartment together, they adopted a cat together, and most importantly, they graduated together.

But with graduation comes the responsibility of getting a job, so their bliss of being together everyday slowly faded.

But of course, Wonwoo didn't care.

All that meant was that he had Mingyu to look forward to at night, and vice versa. 

Mingyu would be home when Wonwoo came home, setting their dinner table for the two of them.

Mingyu worked as a culinary instructor at an institute on the outskirts of Seoul, so he was happy to take the role of the cook in the house, as long as Wonwoo would clean right after.

Wonwoo, working as an accountant, was able to do his work at home over the weekends, so he made sure to pamper Mingyu when he came home after a long Saturday in his work-kitchen.

They would order take-out and watch movies until the both of them had fallen asleep on their couch, waking up wrapped in eachothers arms in their cheap- but homey apartment.

Wonwoo couldn't ask for anything more at that time: He had a beautiful fiance, an apartment that Mingyu had made into a home for him, and his cat that he loved oh so much.

But Mingyu didn't want to live like this for long. Unlike Wonwoo, he wanted more from his life, and his job was a way to start. 

Mingyu didn't know what to say when his boss called him into his office to ask him to be the head chef for a well known resturant that was founded by the institution that he taught for, but there was one catch: He'd have to move to Busan in order to work. 

Mingyu came home that night with a smile on his face, telling Wonwoo of the good news, but Wonwoo didn't reciprocate the same feelings.

"Busan?" He said "Why do you want to leave when there's so much for us here?"

Mingyu was taken aback by his statements.

"Don't you think we'd have a better life there?" He asked. "The job opportunity is amazing, and-"

"Mingyu.." He started "What if I can't find work there?" 

"You do work on your computer anyways!" Mingyu exclaimed "Can't you stay home and do it?"

"I can, but..What about the wedding?" Wonwoo asked. "We won't have enough money if we moved to Busan now, unless.."

"...Unless we just postpone the wedding by a few months..." Mingyu muttered.

Mingyu slept alone that night on the couch, while Wonwoo slept alone in their bed, the sheets not providing the same warmth that Mingyus arms held for him.

 Wonwoo woke up that morning with a new mindset.

He knew that he had a right to be upset at Mingyu for just assuming that Wonwoo would be willing to drop everything for Mingyus career, but he also knew that Mingyu cared much more about his job than Wonwoo cared about his. 

"Are you ready to talk about this?" Mingyu asked, sitting across from Wonwoo at their dining room table. 

Wonwoo nodded, grabbing his laptop to show Mingyu on all of the research that he's done. 

"I did some thinking, and..maybe we could postpone the wedding by a bit.." He started. 

Mingyu smiled, entwining his his hand with Wonwoos. 

"So we're going to move to Busan?" He asked. 

Wonwoo nodded, sighing as he felt Mingyu squeeze his hand tightly.

"I promise, with this new job, we're going to make enough money to have an amazing wedding" Mingyu said, smiling towards his fiance. 

And Mingyu meant what he said, because after only a few weeks of moving to Busan, their income doubled as Mingyus job began to pay more and more.

But, as much as Mingyu loved his job, he later realized that the blessing later became a curse.

He struggled to compete with the other resturants near by, and his work hours were almost impossible to manage while he had a fiance waiting at home for him.

The change had had an impact on Wonwoo, too.

He had to leave behind his friends, his family, all for a job that his husband was struggling with. 

He had to work at home, as well, which was lovely, except that he wasn't experiencing anything. 

He missed the rush of running to the train station, of meeting up with his friends, and most importantly, he missed looking forward to coming home to Mingyu. 

He missed the feeling of coming home after a long day of work to him on the couch, in the kitchen, just in the vacinity of the apartment.

He loved Mingyu dearly, but he didn't like being home all of the time. 

He felt like he was wasting his ability to see colors because he's been stuck at home ever since they'd moved. 

He even had so much time that he'd started a new hobby: painting.

He found it nice to create scenery with the different colors that he had the ability to see.


August third pasted without a word between Wonwoo and Mingyu.

In fact, neither of them had even noticed that the day had past until a few weeks later as Wonwoo sat at home, questioning what they'd be doing right now had they not given up their wedding for this.

He didn't want to think about that right now, nor did he want to stay at home, waiting tirelessly for his husband to return home. 

He scribbled down a note for Mingyu for the off chance of him coming home early, before heading down to the central area of Busan.

He walked around, keeping a GSP open for him to keep track of his surroundings, before finding himself seated at a cafe with a small latte in his hands.

He kept to himself, looking around at the colors in the cafe and smiled. 

It had been so long since he'd experienced something new for a change. 

He began to make this a weekly thing, and suddenly, Wonwoo didn't hate his life in Busan as much as he used to. 

Sadly, though, Mingyu didn't feel the same way. 

He came home on a Wednesday night, and in an instant, he fell asleep in his bed before Wonwoo could even clean his hands from his various paints to say hello. 

The next morning, Wonwoo called Mingyu in sick and turned off his phone alarm, letting his fiance sleep in peace for the first time in three months. 

Mingyu woke up frantically, shocked to see Wonwoo sitting on the their couch, minding his own business, not at all concerned that Mingyu had slept through his whole morning shift. 

"I called you in sick so that you could sleep" Wonwoo said, nonchalantly, when Mingyu began to fret.

"You what?" He stammered, looking his fiance up and down with shock.

Wonwoo placed his computer on their coffee table and sighed, gesturning for Mingyu to take a seat next to him.

"Mingyu.." He started "..Are you happy here?" 

Mingyu was taken aback by the question.

"Am I happy here?" He asked "Of course I am, why wouldn't I be?" 

"Mingyu, you haven't been sleeping, you haven't even been eating right.." He said, observing the clear weight that Mingyu had lost. 

"That doesn't matter to me! I've worked so hard to get to where I am!" He said, getting up from his seat. 

"Worked hard for what?" Wonwoo asked "All you've done since we've got here is struggle with your job! Mingyu...we've put off our wedding for long enough, and-"

"Of course" Mingyu said, sighed as he glared over to Wonwoo. "Is that what this is about?" He asked. "Are you that desperate to get married?"

Wonwoo looked back up at Mingyu, stunned as he watching the younger one complain on and on. 

"Aren't you?" He asked "I've left my home for you, I have up the life that i've had so that you can be happy, but you're not happy anymore! I can't watch you stuggle like this knowing that we can prevent it!" 

"And prevent it how?" Mingyu asked "You want me to quit something that i've worked so hard for? You want me to go back to being an instructor in Seoul, back to that crappy apartment?"

"What I don't want is for you to come home everyday so that you can sleep for a maximum of five hours before haveing to get up and go stress yourself again and again"

"Well, what other ideas do you have for us?" Mingyu asked. 

Wonwoo sighed. 

He should have planned this earlier, of course, but he didn't except Mingyu to have the reaction that he did.

Mingyu got dressed before running out the door, calling in to apologize for his absence. 

Wonwoo and Mingyu never brought up the argument again, nor did Mingyu make an effort to discuss his work hours with his  boss.

The only thing that changed was that Mingyu took off a few days every month at Wonwoos request. 

January of 2016 crept its way in, and their engagement was going smoothly. 

Wonwoo lost all animosity towards Mingyus job ever since he began taking days off for himself, and Mingyu actually got decent sleep now that he was paying attention to his health.

February, March, and April flew by, and by May, Wonwoo was bringing up Wedding Reception Halls that he found in Seoul.

Mingyu had already agreed to have the wedding in Seoul when they first moved to Busan, so he wasn't angered by Wonwoos persistance of having the wedding is Seoul.

They had gone through countless websites before deciding that it was better to just take a day trip up to Seoul.

And oh, how Wonwoo had missed Seoul.

Mingyu headed back to Busan the same night that they arrived, while Wonwoo hung back to visit family.

"So..." One of his cousins started "..I hear that you're an accountant?" 

Wonwoo nodded. "I've been working at home for the past year or so"

"That must be convenient" He said "But in case you start to get bored of it, you can always just work for me at my company"

Wonwoo shook his head, politely refusing the job offer.

"I could never do that to Mingyu" He said "He's worked so hard for the life that we have in Busan"

"You can't do what he did to you?" His cousin asked. 

"He enjoys his job. I could never take him away from that" Wonwoo said firmly. 

His cousin shrugged, passing his business card across the resturant table. 

"Just think about it, okay?"

Wonwoo didn't want the job, but he still pocketed the business card to make his cousin happy.

Wonwoo had no intentions of taking the job, nor did he plan on bringing it up to Mingyu, but he beat him to it. 

"Were you offered a job in Seoul?" Mingyu asked one day while they were both home.

"Uh.." Wonwoo started "How did you find out?"

"I was doing laundry and found his card in your pocket" He shrugged.

"Oh.." Wonwoo started "I didn't take it though, so don't worry."

"You should though?" Mingyu said "Wouldn't you be happier?"

Wonwoo stayed silent. 

Was Mingyu encouraging him to...leave his home in Busan?

"I mean" Mingyu continued "We have the KTX anyways. I'm not home often times, anyways. It wouldn't be that different, if you think about it."

Mingyu wasn't wrong, but Wonwoo and Mingyu owning two different houses would mean..

"Yeah, but..why would I leave when you're here?"

"I'm barely here, and you have family in Seoul" Mingyu said.

"If we have the wedding in August, we won't be able to afford two homes."

"Well..yes..but maybe we could-"

"No" Wonwoo said.

"Wonwoo, just hear me out" Mingyu said, shaking him at head. "If we just postpone it by a month-"

"We've postoned it long enough!" Wonwoo exclaimed, earning a disaproving look from Mingyu.

"We've postponed it so that we could achieve what we want, you know. It's not like we're breaking up, and we're already living together! We're basically married already, why does this wedding matter to you so much?"

Wonwoo had already stopped listening, though. Instead he locked himself in his painting room and stayed there for the night.

Wonwoo did some thinking, though, and (as usual ) Mingyu wasn't exactly wrong when saying that nothing major would change.

Well, obviously there'd be a change, but Mingyu wasn't wrong when he said that he was barely home anyways.

The next day he booked another train to Seoul, packing his overnight bag to get himself ready for an interview.

"While you're in Seoul, you can check out the reception halls" Mingyu said.

"I will" Wonwoo said, kissing his fiance goodbye before being on his way.

 

"I'm glad you decided to apply for an interview" His cousin said, nudging  his arm "Honestly, you'd do so well with us"

Wonwoo nodded, heading inside of his soon to be workplace.

He made sure to head to the reception hall right after, propritizing the majority of his time to focus on the wedding that he desperately wanted to happen before the year came to a close.

"Did you book the reception hall?" Mingyu asked upon Wonwoos arrival.

Wonwoo nodded, showing him the documents that they needed to sign in order to book the hall.

"So.." Mingyu started "How did the interview go?" 

Wonwoo shrugged.

"It went fine, I think."

It went more than fine, though, because a month later, Wonwoo found himself moving into a small apartment in Seoul. 

Wonwoo was very, very adiment about coming home every Saturday and Sunday, but he would be lying if he said that he didn't prefer it in Seoul.

He missed actually leaving his home to do something productive, rather than just waiting around.

Of course he missed Mingyu dearly and facetimed him whenever they were both free, but it didn't compare to when Wonwoo would come home on Saturdays.

 
Slowly as time passed, though, Mingyus job became more demanding, and this time, there was no Wonwoo to stop him from pulling all nighters anymore.

"Hey.." Mingyu greeted weakly as Wonwoo came home after a long morning on the KTX train.

"Mingyu!" He exclaimed "You look...not good..."

Mingyu brushed it off, admitting to not taking off his weekly day off for the week.

"You should sleep.." Wonwoo said, frowning upon seeing his fiance look so distressed.

"I'm fine" Mingyu said, tsking at Wonwoos worrysome ways "I just need some coffee and then i'll be okay"

Wonwoo wanted to argue more, but decided to just let Mingyu be.

Wonwoo had grown acustom to that type of behavior after awhile.

It was only when Mingyu had acted like that for the 5th time he'd visited that he brought it up.

"If you're having trouble with balancing work and pleasure, you know that I can always just come back.."

Mingyu shook his head.

"It's not that.. i've just.. I haven't been able to sleep well.."

"Do you need some medicine?" Wonwoo asked, reaching into his hand bag to get anything that could help.

"N-no, it's just.." Mingyu sighed, shaking his head "It's nothing.."

Wonwoo shrugged, deciding that it wasn't his place to force anything out of Mingyu.

Mingyu handed back all of the paperwork that Wonwoo had left for him to sign, and Wonwoo made sure to place it near his suitcase so he woudn't forget it when he left.

But due to Mingyus drowsiness, he comepletely forgot to fill out the last form, promising to give it back to Wonwoo before he left.

Wonwoo nodded, not thinking much about it.

It was only on Monday morning, when his alarm went off an hour late that he suddenly found himself rushing to leave, comepletely forgetting the last form that Mingyu had.

"I'll come by later to pick it up, okay?" Wonwoo texted to Mingyu.

"I won't be home" Mingyu responded "Do you have your keys?"

Wonwoo checked his pockets before sighed 

"I must've forgotten them at your house.."

"Then just pick them up on Sunday?" Mingyu asked.

"I don't think that's allowed. They need the papers by a deadline.. I'll just come by in two days then. It won't be a big deal" 

Mingyu didn't respond, so Wonwoo took that as an 'OK' to coming home early.


As fate would have it, though, Wonwoos cousin had other plans for him on that day.

"We're going to need you to come by the office around 7:00 AM on Wednesday to help train the new trainees, okay?"

"Is there another day that I can do it? I kind of have to go back to Busan for something urgent.."

"Not really...just take off on Thursday and go home then" His cousin shrugged, going back to his office.

Wonwoo apologized profusely to Mingyu, but Mingyu didn't seem as concerned with the missing paperwork.

Wednesday morning rolled around, and soon enough, Wonwoo found himself surrounded by other sleep deprived people eager to get a job at their company (for reasons unknown).

As he began his presentation in the conference room on what they do at the company, how they go about their jobs, and why they should consider applying, his eyes were continuously drawn to one of the Chinese-born employees that was thinking of interviewing.

Wonwoo wasn't sure why he kept on looking over to him, but all that he knew was that when the employee wasn't focusing on the presentation, his eyes were fixated on Wonwoos as well.

What the hell..?

After the presentation, Wonwoo made sure to stop and talk to the employee.

"Hi!" He started "I noticed that you had a lot of questions during the presentation and wanted to know if I could be of assistance."

"Yeah! Oh, i'm Junhui by the way" He started, holding his hand out for Wonwoo to shake.

"I'm Wonwoo" He responded with a smile "Anyways, did you need help with translations or something?"

"Nah, I just had a few questions regarding the company, not really on translations" He shurgged.

Wonwoo nodded, pulling him aside to help him with anything that he'd need help with.

After their conversation, Wonwoo and Junhui quickly exchanged phone numbers, making sure to keep in touch so that if he had any questions, he'd have someone to talk to.

"By the way" Junhui started "I really liked the lilac colors that you used during your presentation. Usually, people don't really pay attention because a good majority can't see them, but they were nice to look at."

"Oh! You can see colors too?" He asked.

Junhui nodded 

"I was actually engaged for awhile to this guy back in China, but when I moved to Korea, he no longer wanted to continue the relationship." He said, shaking his head "But it ended up being for the better, since now i'm actually pursuing something.."

Wonwoo nodded along, informing Junhui of his current engagement.

"He actually lives in Busan" He informed "I take the KTX every Saturday to visit"

"That's good that you care enough. I'm not sure if Minghao would have bothered" 


"How was your presentation?" Mingyu asked that night. He decided to leave work early to prepare for an important interview that he had, so he had time so facetime Wonwoo for the first time in awhile.

"It went really well! I even met a really nice guy who was offered a job" 

"You did?" He asked "That's good! Uh, just to let you know, though, i'm not going to be home again tomorrow..can you get the paperwork due-date postponed?"

"I'm not sure.." Wonwoo checked the website to see if they had any information "Um..I'm not sure..i'll look into it tomorrow,okay?"

Wonwoo ended up having to postpone that trip to the reception hall due to an overload of work, but he made a promise to himself to get to it a week later.


What originally started out as a work friendship slowly turned into a lot more as the weeks went by.

He and Junhui went from work aquaintances to best friends after only a month or so of Junhui joining their workteam.

Not only was Junhui entertaining to be around, but he kept Wonwoo company when Mingyu was too busy with work.

"Hey, I might not be able to talk for awhile, some stuff is going on at work..i'm really sorry"

"Don't worry about it!" Wonwoo responded "I have to go soon, though. Me and Junhui are going somewhere. Please make sure you're getting enough sleep, though. I don't want to have to worry about you.."

Wonwoo wasn't able to visit Mingyu for the longest time due to Mingyus resturant going under construction for a whole month, meaning that Wonwoo ended up never getting the papers back.

Mingyu had decided that he was ready to quit ever since he ended up getting the job that he applied to, but he still had to stay with the resturant that he was working at until the renovations were finished for the new Head Chef.

"If/when you get the time, can you please mail the paperwork to me? I'm going to need them by-"

"I don't have time right now, okay?"

Wonwoo had grown accustom to Mingyus temper when it came to stress derived from work, but never had his attitude extended out for a whole month.


Slowly but surely, Wonwoo and Mingyu were down to talking for only a few minutes a day, every day.

Wonwoo wasn't sure why Mingyu was so busy with construction when he wasn't even helping with the building.

"Hey" Wonwoo started "I'm going to come home on Saturday, okay?"

"No" Mingyu said firmly "I won't be there"

"But...what are you doing at work now that it's under construction?"

"What am I doing?" He asked "There's so much to do!" He exclaimed "I have to make sure that they do the kitchen properly, that they don't change the stove system, that-."

"Okay,okay" Wonwoo said "I'm sorry that I asked.."

Wonwoo hung up after that, deciding to ignore Mingyus exclaims and go back to Busan for the weekend.

He knew that Mingyu might be upset, but he couldn't stand not seeing him for so long.

"Get back safe, okay?" Junhui said "When you come back, i'll go with you to the reception hall"

"You will?" Wonwoo asked "Why?"

Junhui shrugged. "I'm just curious of where you're getting married."


Wonwoo was shocked to find himself smiling as he made his way off of the KTX and on his way to his fiances house for the first time in two months. 

He would be lying if he said that he hadn't missed the feeling of seeing Mingyu after a long week of being apart, except that he was finally seeing him after two months.

"W-wonwoo" Mingyu stuttered upon his arrival. "What are you doing here?"

"I wanted to surprise you!" He exclaimed, letting himself in. "I've missed you so much and I have so much to tell you about work and-"

It was only when Wonwoo entered the living room did he notice the lack of clothes on Mingyus body, and the bottles of wine that sat on the coffee table.

"Uh.." Wonwoo started "..what's going on?"

Before Mingyu could respond, another voice called out from Mingyus bedroom.

Wonwoo raced to Mingyus room, finding an older man there, and...was that his boss?

"Oh" the man said, turning towards Mingyu "I thought you told him not to come..."

Wonwoo turned towards Mingyu and demanded answers.

"Well, you know how i was offered that job as head chef at the other resturant..?" Mingyu asked.

Wonwoo nodded his head.

"Well..there was a catch, you see. If I wanted the job as badly as I did, i'd have to-"

"I don't want to hear it" Wonwoo made his way towards the door. "How long was this even going on?!"

"...a few weeks now.."

Wonwoo stared up at Mingyu in utter disgust.

he slept with his boss for the sole purpose of getting a job?

Mingyu sighed, shaking his head. He knew that he'd eventually have to tell Wonwoo about is feelings, but he never meant for him to find out like this.

"I really don't understand why this is affecting you as much as it is, you know" Mingyu commented. 

Wonwoo stopped in his tracks to turn to Mingyu.

"You don't understand...what?" He asked.

Mingyu shrugged. "It's not like you don't have Junhui to keep you company."

Wonwoo looked at his fiance is utter confusion.

"Junhui?" He asked "Why are you bringing him up?"

Mingyu snickered at him. "Like you don't know" He said, shaking his head.

"No..I really don't.."

"You don't notice that our conversations end up revolving around him?" He asked "You don't notice that you're always around him?" 

"Are you implying that I'm..cheating on you?" Wonwoo couldn't even wrap his head around Mingyus implications.

"Well, no. But I am implying that the both of us haven't seen each other in two months, and during that time, I barely thought about you."

Wonwoo was stunned to hear Mingyus harsh words. 

he didn't think about me?

"What are you trying to say?" Wonwoo asked. 

Mingyu sighed, walking over to Wonwoo before slipping his ring off of his finger, handing it to him.

"Wonwoo..we don't lead the same lives anymore, you know?"

"N-no..that can change, you know" Wonwoo pushed Mingyus hand away "I can move back to Busan, I can stay here with you, just..don't.."

"Wonwoo...I know that we'll always have a connection..but..it's too late for us, isn't it?"

"But it's not!" Wonwoo exclaimed "We can move on from this, you know. I can move back here and-"

"And be unhappy again?" Mingyu asked. "I don't want to have to deal with you worrying about me so much, and I don't want to have to feel bad about leaving you home every day.."

"But I don't care!" Wonwoo exclaimed "If I didn't still love you, I wouldn't have come back for the papers!"

Mingyu sighed, placing the ring back into Wonwoos palm. 

"Wonwoo...let's just end it here..okay?"


Wonwoo went home that night with a mixture of anger and confusion.

Where..did all of this come from..?

"So he just..broke things off..?" Junhui asked. 

Junhui had come over after Wonwoo had arrived back in Seoul to go with him to the reception halls.

"Yeah.."

"But..you guys were fine a month ago!" He exclaimed.

Wonwoo could tell that Junhui saw a lot of Minghao's actions in Mingyu, which might have been why he was so angry at Mingyu for treating Wonwoo the same way.

Wonwoo sent Junhui home a few minutes later, too distressed to deal with company.

Wonwoo went to sleep that night without looking up at the sky.

Not even the colors could help him now.

A few months had passed until Wonwoo ended up being able to look up at the sky without having a constant reminder of Mingyu.

 

Mingyu wasn't wrong when he said that Wonwoo would eventually move on, of course, as he found himself married only three years later to Junhui, but he never got the same feeling that he got with Mingyu, and he was sure that Junhui felt the same towards Minghao.

Wonwoo wasn't even sure how Mingyu was doing anymore.

The whole relationship was essentially in ruins ever since Wonwoo took Mingyus advice and decided to move back to Seoul, but he still blamed himself for the relationship falling apart despite the fact that it was Mingyus idea for him to move back in the first place.

Of course, Wonwoo had never been happier now that he and Junhui ended up adopting kids, and of course, his husband treated him so well, but..

He still knew that they weren't necessarily 'destined' to be together.

Marriage was one of the biggest things that Wonwo had wanted out of Mingyu, though, so for Junhui to fulfill that was something that made Wonwoo okay with the way he and Mingyu had ended things.

Maybe it was good that they ended on a bad note.

Maybe Wonwoo wouldn't have been able to move on if he hadn't been angry when they broke up.

Wonwoo never knew Mingyus side of the story, maybe because he never understood Mingyu's love for work, but it didn't matter now.

He still got upset on every August third, but as the years went by, he found himself forgetting the importance of the day. 

Wonwoo knew that he could never hate Mingyu because of his ability to see colors.

He'd never forget that.

Junhui gave him everything he could have asked for except for that.

Eventually though, the same person who gave him that gift was the one who took it away.


It was a long time since he'd spoken to Mingyu, almost 50 years in fact.

Wonwoo was on a walk on that Saturday morning, doing is daily routine of getting the paper before going to the park to read one of his various books.

He was just leaving the news stand when it happened.

He didn't notice it at first, he just thought that the trees looked a bit off.

But then he looked up at the sky and saw the vivid colors drain from the clouds, leaving him with a dull, blank canvas.

Wonwoo knew before anyone could find his body that Mingyu was gone, but for some reason, he wasn't as upset as he thought he'd be.

He took a day trip to Busan a week later with Junhui, visiting the home that was now for sell since the previous owner was dead.

Not only was he here for closure, but he was called down to Busan because of some things that were left for him from Mingyus will.

He didn't look at what he recieved until he got home, opening up a package that contained various paintings that Wonwoo had left back when he moved to Seoul, along with a handwritten letter and a few polaroid photos.


Hey..

If you're reading this, then i'm sure you already know what this is about.

We;;, technically speaking, you should have been the first one to know, since you should have lost your ability to see colors.

I know that the paintings are useless to you now that you can't see the colors anymore, but i thought you might still want them since they were beautiful.

Anyways, I know that I shouldn't be talking, but..

I'm sorry for what I did to you.

Im not sure what year you'll be reading this, but I hope that it's been long enough for you to forget about it..

I hear that you and junhui are married now. I'm happy for you

its what you wanted, anyways..

anyways, I just wanted to thank you for caring for me so much.

I know that I'll never be able to repay you, but I hope that this gives you closer incase you needed it..

also I hope that you dont hate your life now that it's literally black and white

maybe it'll be a nice change for you

well you dont like change, but maybe youl'l learn to deal with it...

anyways, dont worry about whether I fulfilled all that I wanted, by the way

I ended up getting the job as the head chef for the resturant (even though I had to..you know..) and I ended up getting another cat as well as a dog.

oh the other cat that we had together died by the way but I mean hopefully you'll be reading this in  forty+ years and would have already figured, so..

anyways...i'll see you soon maybe..

in another life or something?

probably..right?

you don't believe in that stuff but lets just pretend, okay?

Maybe if we didn't move to Busan, we'd still be together, but I love my job too much to let anything get in the way of that.

I'm just sorry that you loved me more than I loved you..


Hopefully you're reading this after it happened a long time ago, so you're not still bitter about it..


well...goodbye...until next time


Wonwoo no longer held any animosity against Mingyu.

He still kept a habit of looking up at the sky before going to sleep, but not for the reasons that he did it when he was able to see colors.

He looked up at the sky in hopes that Mingyu was looking back at him.

And he was.