One

What Could've Been
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

30th May, 2016

Donghae was in the train,  on his way back to his hometown. 2 days ago,  he received a phone call from his mother, telling him the shocking news ever. And because of that, he had to travel using public transportation since his car jas decided to pick the workshop as it permanent home. Not like he couldn't wait until his car's ready but his mother insisted him to be home as soon as possible, as in today, in order to discuss about his sister matter. 

And yeah, his sister, his 7 years younger than him-sister, is getting married. It's not like Donghae was againts the idea or being jealous of his sister. Marriage is even not his top priorities right now.  But the thing is, he never knew his sister ever a boyfriend, let alone about her plan in getting married. 

Donghae felt hurt and a little bit of feeling betrayed by his sister. She used to tell Donghae almost everything before this. Her crush, her previous boyfriends, her first kiss, and even her first heartbreak. It is inevitable since they only have each other to share at home. Their older brother, Donghwa has been away from home for as long as he remember. Started with boarding school, going to college and then he got married at the age of 25, now becoming a Canadian permanent resident. 

Donghae guess he just have to wait another hour before the train reached his station before bombarding 1001 questions towards his sister. 

*

Upon his arriving at Mokpo Station, Donghae saw his parents already at the waiting area. Wait, they never came to pick him up before this. He usually took a taxi or threaten his sister to come and fetched him at the station to their house. This is weird. 

"Mom, dad. Why are you both here? I can take a taxi to go home, you know." Donghae said while approaching his parents. 

"Oh, Donghae my baby. You are here."

His mother dramatically sigh and hug him tight and silently sniffles. He could see his father snorted and crunched his nose while watching his mother. His father was never fond of his mother drama's queen personality.

"Mom, please don't cry. It's not that long since rhe last timw you saw me. Please stop crying or I will cry too." 

"Okay, baby. I'll stop. Let's take a taxi to go home now"

Wait, why do we have to ride a taxi. Dad must have driven his car here. 

"No need to. Soyeonnie just texted me right now. His train got delayed or something, I don't know. I'm sure he's doing it on purposed to avoid coming here and meet us." Donghae's father mumbled the last part but he managed to catch it 

"Dad, I'm sure Donghwa hyung didin't do it on purposed. There's might be some problem. He travelled far from Canda it is ought to be some obstacles somewhere in he middle."

"It's not Donghwa, baby. We are waiting for Soyeonnie's fiancé. He took the train too but straight from Incheon. He supposed to arrived around this hour." Her mother explained. 

"So much for showing good first impression. And he had the guts to ask propose to my daughter . Let's go home." His father show his disliked towards Soyeon fiancé and walked towards the exit door. 

Now, if he is his mother's baby, Soyeonnie, his sister is his father precious gem. That's why he is so much overprotective towards his only daughter. Donghae couldn't imagine what her fiancé would have to do in order to win his father's heart. 

In the car ride back home, mom couldn't stop talking about how handsome Soyeonnie's fiancé is, how he sounds so polite through the phone (Soyeonnie actually let mom talk to her fiancé once and they end up talking to each other everytime her fiancé called), and how he looked familiar through the photo that Soyeonnie showed to her. 

Her mother only stopped talking when his father snapped and told her to get married to that kid instead of Soyeon. 

After a few seconds of silence her mother retort back

'Oh of course I would marry him if I met him before you'

Donghae try to hid his smile and silently thought no matter how harsh his father is towards other people, mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter