Awake

Wings

Taehyung doesn't think he'll ever make it back to Hoseok's apartment, he would run but his entire body is screaming to lay down and sleep and his mind is racing. He feels completely vulnerable, like the tough outer shell that once shielded his heart has crumbled leaving him wide open. It's a new feeling and it isn't entirely unwanted. He's never felt lighter and more free, and with every slow step he takes, he feels a little bit better at the hope of living out the remainder of his days with Hoseok. He has to make things right, and if Hoseok doesn't want him around anymore then Taehyung will respect his wishes. Who knows, maybe he will get an apartment and a job close by the older so he can keep a watchful eye out for him. Protect him. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Little does Taehyung know of the aftermath he's approaching. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hoseok has been crying since Taehyung left, curled up on the couch, while Yoongi rubs his back comforting him. Hoseok slowly calms down and sits up, using his shirt sleeve to wipe away the mess of dried up tears and snot from his harsh sobs. He sighs, sniffling "Yoongi hyung, I'm sorry I didn't listen to you sooner. I should've trusted your judgement... I hate this. I think I was actually in love with him! I feel like such an idiot for helping him..." Yoongi frowns, regretting a few of his life choices and he hates that Hoseok is hurting because of him. But at the same time, he'd rather Hoseok be sad rather than dead by the hands of that demon. It's hard to swallow but he forces a comforting smile and rubs Hoseok's forearm "it's okay. You're not stupid, you're giving. Everyone who knows you loves you, you're a very kind person Hoseok. He doesn't deserve your love." Hoseok nods, wiping his nose again with his sleeve and his head shoots up towards the door at the sound of an abrupt knock. Yoongi tenses, and stands up "I'll get it Hoseok. It could be Taehyung." Hoseok swallows thickly, tensed and afraid at what the demon might do. 

 

 

 

When Yoongi opens the door however, it's not Taehyung, but Jin. His brows furrow keep the door barely cracked so Hoseok can't see who it is and he keeps his voice low "what are you doing here?" Jin raises one brow "I'm here to finish things." Yoongi rolls his eyes "Taehyung is gone. I texted you when he left, remember? I don't know where he went." Yoongi goes to shut the door only for Jin to catch it "I'm not here for V. I'm here to FINISH things." Yoongi realizes a little too late that the angel has betrayed him to get to Hoseok, all this time Jin has been using Yoongi to break Taehyung and Hoseok up just so he can hurt Hoseok. Yoongi growls, bristling "get away from him." Jin chuckles, swinging the door wide open and confidently stepping forward, proud when Yoongi takes an equal step backwards. Jin smirks, leaning forward to taunt Yoongi "I will have my revenge. V killed someone very dear to me whom I loved, and I intend to return the favor. If you get in my way I won't hesitate to kill you." Yoongi stands his ground, glaring "so be it. If you want Hoseok you'll have to go through me." Hoseok stands from the couch, calling out from the main room "Hyung tell him that Tae isn't here, if he's even Tae's real brother." Yoongi reaches for the door hand to shut the door on Jin only to have Jin grab him by the throat and lift him off his feet "you got in my way, now you die." Yoongi claws desperately at the angels arm, feet kicking, and eyes scanning the room for some form of weapon. Hoseok shouts from the main room to try to help, but Jin rushes forward to the kitchen and grabs a knife off of the counter and sinks it into Yoongi's stomach. 

 

 

 

Jin happily watches the panic race across the mortals face, smirking and drops the man to the ground. Yoongi quickly leans against the nearest wall, careful not to pull the blade out and shouting with the small amount of strength he has left "Hoseok run!!" The dancers eyes widen, tears b and he scrambles towards the window to escape down the fire escape. But before he can make it past the couch, Jin grabs him by the shoulder, pulling him with tremendous strength and Hoseok flies across the room, hitting the wall adjacent to them with a loud crack of sheetrock. Hoseok crumples to the ground with a groan of pain, his back aching from the slam but he doesn't have time to recover because the moment his eyes refocus on his surroundings Jin is standing in front of him. 

 

 

 

Hoseok turns to reach for a nearby lamp, in hopes of breaking it over the angels head but Jin grabs him by the wrist, twisting it until it snaps. Hoseok shouts in pain, tears forming in his eyes and Jin's smirk widens as he lifts him off the ground by his shirt collar "lets see if you can fly."

 

 

 

Jin's wings rip out of his back and if Hoseok wasn't scared for his life might actually marvel at the white feathered wings. In a flash however, Jin has lifted them off the ground and through the ceiling and multiple floors until they reach the roof. Jin smirks, lightly resting on the ledge of the building and holding Hoseok out over the bustling city by his neck, clenching it tightly, enjoying the way the human squirms from thirty stories up. Jin shakes his head, sighing almost wistfully "all of this could've been avoided if V had never existed. For what it's worth Jung Hoseok, I am sorry for this. But revenge is revenge. And since he hasn't showed up yet, I think I'll have a little more fun with you." Jin tosses the human back onto the roof with great force, watching in amusement as Hoseok rolls and tumbles across the gravel and only stops when he hits an air vent. The dancer groans again, clutching his likely broken ribs, and finally manages to speak up "why are you doing this? What did V do to you that was so bad??! What are you?! And why are you dragging me into this!" Jin walks closer, each step slow and daunting, expression clearly showing that he's calculating his next move. Finally at arms length, Jin crouches down to meet the humans eyes "V is a demon. He killed a human, just like any other job, except this one happened to be what the world needed. He was a philosopher, a poet, an author, and very wise for his age. The world needed his ideals, but V got close to him, made him fall in love then poisoned his mind until he committed suicide. I loved him." Hoseok's brows furrow, frowning "that doesn't sound like him..." Jin laughs boisterously, standing up and clapping while in hysterics "he's a demon! He planned on doing the same thing to you, fool. Why he hasn't killed you yet I'm not sure, I suppose he likes you. He's a monster, you must understand that." Hoseok looks down from his half laying half propped up position and he feels tears prick his eyes "he's not like that. Not deep down. I knows he's a liar and a monster and you're right, but somewhere in there is a person with a heart. I know it." Jin shrugs, right hand raising into the sky as lightning jolts around him and forms a large four foot long spear out of the lightning itself. Hoseok eyes widen in fear, and for a moment he contemplates running, but he knows it will be in vain. So instead of being a coward, he freezes in place, shuts his eyes tightly, a crack of thunder echoes and he can hear the spear coming because of the speed, he braces himself for impact, for the final blow.  

 

 

 

But it never comes. Hoseok cracks his eyes open to see Taehyung, between himself and Jin with a gaping hole straight through his gut. Within seconds he slumps to the side, blood pooling around him and Hoseok rushes to his side. Where had he come from? Why is... why is he bleeding?! Hoseok isn't an expert on these things but demons are supposed to be immortal right?? He holds Taehyung's already pale face between his trembling hands, and tears in both of their eyes. Tae manages a ghost of a smile and whispers "n-now we're even..." Hoseok is about to ask what the hell he's talking about when Tae speaks again "I-I- love...y-" and just that quick, Taehyung's eyes widen slightly and he lets out a soft exhale, body relaxing as his eyes glaze over. Hoseok panics, looking over his body and tears spilling down his cheeks "Tae... Taehyung, wake up, come back!" Hoseok sobs, leaning forward and resting his head against the youngers. 

 

 

 

Jin blinks in surprise, V, a demon, sacrificed himself... for a human? And more importantly, V is dead..? How is that possible? Jin wonders until suddenly it hits him. V has been banished from hell, cursed to live as a mortal because he's fallen in love with a human. Jin blinks slowly and walks closer, making sure that his hypothesis is correct and he flinches when Hoseok shouts at him "get away! Leave us alone!" Jin steps back, eyes watering slightly and mumbling to himself "I'm sorry Namjoon. Not even revenge will bring you back..." 

 

 

 

Hoseok looks up at the angel, eyes narrowed "how do you know Namjoon?" Jin freezes, entire body tensing up and a chill runs down his spine "w-what?" Hoseok's eyes are clouded with tears and confusion but he maintains a glare "how do you know him? Are you planning on killing the only thing I have left?! What did I ever do to you?!? You kill the only person I've ever loved, and my best friend Yoongi. Now you're going after the only thing I have left?! Well guess what, he's miles and countries away from here and you'll never find him!!!" Jin is beyond confused. How does Hoseok know Namjoon? He's been dead for hundreds of years. Jin walks towards the human, ignoring his protests and pleas of 'leave us alone' and 'get away from us' to kneel right in front of Hoseok and reach out. He grabs the humans forehead, showing Hoseok some of his memories. The images are quick but enough to show Hoseok the way V broke Namjoon down. After several seconds Jin jerks away and Hoseok gasps out at the strange experience, breathing heavily "what was that?" The angel sighs through his nose, frowning "those were my memories. I also looked at a few of yours, I don't know how, but V didn't take Namjoon's soul..." Hoseok's brows furrow, asking "but he died?" Jin nodded, solemn expression "he did. I didn't sense his soul anywhere, he was gone. I don't know how V did it..." Hoseok glares again, moving Taehyung's head into his lap and hugging his lifeless corpse against his chest as more tears form "and now you never will..." he cries and nuzzles into the boys neck to muffle his sobs. 

 

 

 

Jin stands and backs away, tears cloud his vision as the realization of what he's done sinks in. Namjoon wasn't dead after all, and if he'd bothered to look he would've known that V wasn't as evil as he thought. He'd actually spared Namjoon all of those years ago, and Jin had been fixated on revenge for so long that he didn't even search for Namjoon to make sure he was dead. 

 

 

 

Suddenly a crack of thunder echoes right above them, lightning cracking across the sky and Jin knows. His mistakes have caught up with him and judgment is about rain down on him from heaven. A bright light shines down on a spot on the building and Jin assumes it lands on Yoongi since another one shines down right on to V- no, not V. This man, this human is no longer evil, he is mortal and his name is Taehyung. Hoseok lays Tae down on the roof and his wound miraculous heals up, skin stitching itself back together. The light then shines down onto Jin, and the angel looks up to the sky with teary eyes. He doesn't hear the familiar voice of his Father like he'd expected, instead there is nothing but silence followed by paralysis. He can't move, only stare up at heaven as his fingertips and feet begin to burn. 

 

 

 

Hoseok moves to inspect Taehyung's face and torso, surprised to see the younger man's chest slowly rise and fall. He's breathing. Hoseok begins shaking him, but suddenly his attention is brought to the angel when Jin mumbles "I'm sorry." Hoseok stares in awe as the angels body slowly begins transforming into what appears to be ash. Quickly his entire body has turned into fine dust and only holds shape for a split second before the wind carries it away. Just that quickly, Jin is no more. 

 

 

 

Hoseok blinks in surprise, then turns back to Taehyung to see his eyes beginning to flutter open. His lips stretch into a smile and he leans down to press a kiss to Taehyung's forehead and pets his hair "Taehyung!!! You're alive!" The younger blinks, memory clouded and his entire body aching, face contorted in a wince and Hoseok quickly hoists him up in his arms "I'll get you to a hospital, but first I'm taking you back downstairs. I have to see if Yoongi's okay.." Taehyung nods, fingers weakly grasping the front of the dancers shirt with heavy eyelids. Soon Hoseok arrives back to his damaged home and quickly lays Taehyung on the couch, rushing over to Yoongi who is beginning to come to "Ho-Hoseok? What happened? How am I alive?" Hoseok helps him to his feet, then hugs him "I don't know. But you and Taehyung both risked your lives for me, why?" Yoongi looks to the couch where Taehyung is sitting up, they exchange a glance and finally after years of heartache, Yoongi confesses "we risked our lives because we're both in love with you." Yoongi pauses nervously wetting his lips "I know you don't feel the same way about me. And it's okay Hoseok, we weren't meant to be. I won't resent Taehyung anymore. He's proved himself more than capable of being there for you." Hoseok blinks, completely shell shocked, and he frowns "hyung, how long have you kept this from me?" Yoongi shrugs, trying to act indifferent, as if the last three years haven't been hell for him "about three years. That's why I didn't like Taehyung when he first showed up, I was jealous... then Jin came to me and told me what Tae was. He said he had a plan and that all I had to do was drive the two of you apart. He said he needed you separated so you wouldn't get hurt in the crossfire," his eyes tear up a little but he holds it together "he just wanted you alone to kill you. I'm so sorry Hoseok- I let my jealousy get the best of me, I didn't mean for you to get hurt. Are you okay?" Hoseok nods slowly, pulling the older into a tight hug and kisses the side of his head "you were doing what you thought best. I'm sorry that I don't feel the same way.." Yoongi holds tightly to the taller, shaking his head "it's not your fault. You and Taehyung were meant to end up together. You have my blessing, I'll be fine Hobi." Hoseok pulls away with a silent tear escaping and nods slowly. Yoongi pulls away when he realizes that Taehyung is standing close by and he bows "I'm sorry Taehyung. I was wrong about you, and made a stupid decision..." Taehyung smiles gently, resting a hand on the eldests shoulder "you were trying to protect him from a monster, you did right by me. Thank you Yoongi." The oldest of the three nods, feeling of his aching stomach "now, Tae, care to explain what the hell happened? How am I alive and what happened to Jin?" 

 

 

 

Taehyung sighs, leaning against the back of the couch as he begins to explain "I'll start at the beginning." When the two men nod, he continues "hundreds of years ago Hoseok and I lived in a village together. We fell in love, but his father found out and.. he executed Hoseok right in front of me. Then he blamed the murder on me and I was beheaded in front of the entire village for a crime I didn't commit. That's why I have a scar on the back of my neck, Hoseok. I'm fairly sure you have one on your chest to match. Am I right?" Hoseok blinks slowly, nodding "y-yeah... so that's where... wow." Taehyung looks down at his feet "I haven't always remembered that. When you pointed out my 'birthmark' it ignited my memories from before I was a demon. That scar... it is my birthmark, it represents when I became a demon." Yoongi's brows furrow and he asks "why did you become a demon?" Taehyung chuckles bitterly "because I loved someone of the same gender. I don't know why I became a demon and not Hoseok, maybe because he was more pure and selfless, but I woke up in hell as a demon. I didn't remember my humanity and preyed on weak people. My crowing achievement was Namjoon... he was strong willed, yet I still managed to break him. I was so proud of it... yet some part of me couldn't bear the idea of taking his soul. So, I sent it back into the world for him to be reincarnated again and again..." Yoongi sighs heavily "we sound like we're on a bad acid trip..." Taehyung nods, talking again "I know. Jin never bothered to ask or look for him, he's spent all of these years trying to hurt and kill me over it. I was sentenced to a many years to count in solitude for not taking Namjoon's soul away. And Jin was too stupid to even question why I vanished for so long. His demise was his own undoing..." silence follows for several moments until Yoongi finally asks "so how exactly did he die?" Hoseok shrugs, looking around the room "he turned to ash or something.." Taehyung nods, sighing "it's because he killed a human. God destroyed him and spared the ones he hurt before their time. It's similar to demons, as surprising as it may be we- I mean, they, have a code. Demons don't cross each other. If they do, they will be destroyed as well." Hoseok and Yoongi both nod in understand and finally the dancer asks "so... what now?"