I'm here with you.

I'm here with you.

Although it was already 1:30 am, you were still sitting at the kitchen table, trying to remain concentrated so that you could finish studying for your exam. You were surrounded by papers, and the only noise that could be heard what the sound of you typing on your laptop. You were getting tired, but you had to finish. However, no matter how many times you read the book, or how many times you wrote concepts down, you just couldn’t remember anything. The subject was extremely hard and it was stressing you out. 

You knew it wasn’t the end of the world if you failed an exam - considered that you had the best results in the whole school in all the other ones - but you just couldn’t accept the idea. Failing was not part of your plan. 

But what if you did fail? Would others judge you? Will your teacher and parents be disappointed? Negative thoughts rapidly made their way into your mind, and they overwhelmed you in no time.

Soon, your head started spinning, and your heart began beating faster than normal - unitl it felt like it was going to burst; a knot formed in your throat, your chest felt tight and constricted, as if something heavy was leaning on it.  

Your heart was pounding in your ears, and you had your hands covering your eyes, trying to make the dizziness go aways, so you didn’t see Yoongi entering the kitchen with a questioning look on his face. 

“Y/N…” he called you. You wanted to answer, but your body had other plans, and your mouth refused to open. Hearing no response, Yoongi got closer, and when he saw how pale you were, he started to worry. 

“Y/N… what’s wrong? Are you sick?” he asked again. You only managed to shake weakly your head - you were too concentrated trying to hold back the tears to speak. Those horrible feelings that you knew so well were back, but what scared you the most was that, once again, you felt like you had no control on your mind. You felt trapped. 

Yoongi knew you had been struggling with anxiety, but it was the first time you had a panic attack in front of him, so it took him a while to understand what was happening. When he did, he gently took your hands and dragged you into the living room, making you sit on the couch. 

“Y/N… it’s okay… I’m here with you… everything will be fine.” he whispered, one hand slowly rubbing your back, trying to calm you. 

“I-I can’t breathe…” you answered, gasping for air, as you felt like you were really suffocating. This was always the peak of your panic attacks - nothing unusal. But it still scared you. Before it could get any worse - if that was possible - Yoongi took your face into his hands, forcing you to look at him. 

“Calm down, y/n. Breathe slowly, like I do” he said, and he took deep breaths so you could follow his rhythm. It took you a while, but eventually you calmed down, and at that point, you couldn’t hold back the tears anymore. Your boyfriend pulled you into a hug, and you just sat there sobbing, as he your hair, waiting for it to pass. 

You cried until you had no more tears to cry, and you felt exhausted. It was clear to Yoongi that you were getting sleepy, so you both headed to the bedroom. There, he made you lie down and covered you with a soft blanket, then he sat next to you.

 ✗ ✗ ✗

“If there’s something that’s bothering you, you know you can tell me about it. I might not be the best boyfriend ever, but I’ll always listen to you, whatever you have to say. I’m here for you.” he said before you could close your eyes. 

“Just because of what you have just said, you are the best boyfriend I could ever ask for. Thank you.” you answered, feeling your eyelids getting heavy. Yoongi leaned forword and gave you a kiss on your forhead, as you allowed yourself to sleep.